Frenchman caused Thai woman to fall off Pattaya balcony causing life changing injuries, then he fled abroad

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, the rush to the assemble the courtroom, open the jail and erect the gallows by the ever present TVF keyboard vigilantee committee.

They read an article, somehow acquiring a sort of mystical insight and the ability to solve the incident from a computer screen and a news article.

Thank goodness that in many parts of this chaotic world there is the premise of innocence until proven guilty. 

23 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Another one believing everything they read.....

Agreed. The reader most likely wasn't there, didn't know any of the parties involved, wasn't privy to the police investigation; perhaps having zero investigative experience, other than watching television, police fantasy shows.

5 minutes ago, atyclb said:

do i understand you correctly.  extradite him to thailand for having worked without a work permit?

Just hysterics. 

A little research reveals that he worked with a group of gogo bars in the Walking Street area. That he wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the incident.

That he called for help immediately.

Countering the poster who alleged, without any evidence, that he was under the influence of drugs.

He should sue that poster. Will teach him to make allegations based on no evidence at all.

13 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Another one believing everything they read.....

Far from it but that line is the most believable and possibly reveals most about the circumstances leading to her fall.

6 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

unfortunately many of these women are fearful to leave, it's the old 'if I can't have you nobody will'. People on this site commonly refer to the weak Thai male ego,  lol that condition is world wide. Why do think the Saudis have their women wrapped up like mummies.

For sure that happens and can be very hard to get out from but I have known women (in the UK) who actually choose to stay even when friends and family have offered support. The husband/boyfriends usually are drunk when being abusive and once sobered up promise never to do it again but always do. 

Even with those kinds of threats women should still leave as it is the only way to improve their lives. Some will suffer from having the threats carried out but probably fewer than suffer by staying.

It is easy for us to condemn these men but how many are willing to do something to stop them? Exposing them for what they are is the best deterrent. If I knew one of my work mates was an abuser of women or children, they would be hounded daily.

2 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Far from it but that line is the most believable and possibly reveals most about the circumstances leading to her fall.

For sure that happens and can be very hard to get out from but I have known women (in the UK) who actually choose to stay even when friends and family have offered support. The husband/boyfriends usually are drunk when being abusive and once sobered up promise never to do it again but always do. 

Even with those kinds of threats women should still leave as it is the only way to improve their lives. Some will suffer from having the threats carried out but probably fewer than suffer by staying.

It is easy for us to condemn these men but how many are willing to do something to stop them? Exposing them for what they are is the best deterrent. If I knew one of my work mates was an abuser of women or children, they would be hounded daily.

Rubbish. 

You have no idea why she threatened to jump off the balcony. 

The rest of your ramble has nothing to do with anything here.

If he was convicted of any form of violence whatsoever, you might have a point. But you have no evidence that anything she now claims, is true. None whatsoever.

So don't try to smear someone's character because of some crusade you have going on in your head. Pathetic.

When you produce some evidence against him, we will all take you seriously.

12 minutes ago, chang1 said:

I've known some that have been abused so much they had PTSD which clouded any rational thinking altogether. You're right about the alcohol, many of these lowlifes need the liquid courage to raise their hands to a woman - go figure. I've helped a few over the years, first move into a secure facility for battered women and then aided them in logistics. For some, the fear never leaves..

24 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Agreed. The reader most likely wasn't there, didn't know any of the parties involved, wasn't privy to the police investigation; perhaps having zero investigative experience, other than watching television, police fantasy shows.

Correct, but the family, most likely, did know about the relationship and it was reported that they said it was abusive. If you read my post you will see I did not speculate on how she ended up falling but assuming it was not an accident, I was concentrating on the probable reason for it happening and what should have been done to prevent it.

14 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Rubbish. 

You have no idea why she threatened to jump off the balcony. 

The rest of your ramble has nothing to do with anything here.

If he was convicted of any form of violence whatsoever, you might have a point. But you have no evidence that anything she now claims, is true. None whatsoever.

So don't try to smear someone's character because of some crusade you have going on in your head. Pathetic.

When you produce some evidence against him, we will all take you seriously.

Same as you have no idea she did threaten to jump. If they had such a wonderful relationship why is he now in France? Defend him all you want but until we hear his side we can only go by what has been reported so far.

1 minute ago, chang1 said:

Same as you have no idea she did threaten to jump. If they had such a wonderful relationship why is he now in France? Defend him all you want but until we hear his side we can only go by what has been reported so far.

All we know is hearsay.

Maybe the family was angry with the guy and threatened to do anything to get him tried & sentenced.

Even if innocent it's plausible he decided to leave to be on the safe side.

I know I would if I had no irrefutable proof of my innocence.

12 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Correct, but the family, most likely, did know about the relationship and it was reported that they said it was abusive. If you read my post you will see I did not speculate on how she ended up falling but assuming it was not an accident, I was concentrating on the probable reason for it happening and what should have been done to prevent it.

No. The family only know what she tells them. Hearsay.

They also might know that what she is alleging is not true. But they may be hoping that, if it weren't for the argument, their family member would not have threatened to jump off the balcony and therefore he should contribute to her upkeep.

Neither of us know. So to smear someone's character without any evidence whatsoever is low.

7 minutes ago, chang1 said:

I have the idea that is what he claimed and that the police accepted his explanation.

I am happy to wait for the outcome of any investigation. Are you?

19 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I've known some that have been abused so much they had PTSD which clouded any rational thinking altogether. You're right about the alcohol, many of these lowlifes need the liquid courage to raise their hands to a woman - go figure. I've helped a few over the years, first move into a secure facility for battered women and then aided them in logistics. For some, the fear never leaves..

The way I have seen it happen is first the "man" showers the girl with compliments and gifts until she is hooked, then moves in together the gradually ramps up the controlling behaviour until physical abuse starts. This is when se should leave. One drunken slap should be the only chance. Next violence of any kind - get out of there at the first oppertunity. The longer it goes on the harder it is to escape and recover.

8 minutes ago, tgw said:

All we know is hearsay.

Maybe the family was angry with the guy and threatened to do anything to get him tried & sentenced.

Even if innocent it's plausible he decided to leave to be on the safe side.

I know I would if I had no irrefutable proof of my innocence.

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

No. The family only know what she tells them. Hearsay.

They also might know that what she is alleging is not true. But they may be hoping that, if it weren't for the argument, their family member would not have threatened to jump off the balcony and therefore he should contribute to her upkeep.

Neither of us know. So to smear someone's character without any evidence whatsoever is low.

So both of you think he has no responsibility to look after his wife?

5 minutes ago, JamJar said:

I have the idea that is what he claimed and that the police accepted his explanation.

I am happy to wait for the outcome of any investigation. Are you?

Yes, but I doubt we will ever get to hear the full truth given the lack of evidence.

8 minutes ago, chang1 said:

The way I have seen it happen is first the "man" showers the girl with compliments and gifts until she is hooked, then moves in together the gradually ramps up the controlling behaviour until physical abuse starts. This is when se should leave. One drunken slap should be the only chance. Next violence of any kind - get out of there at the first oppertunity. The longer it goes on the harder it is to escape and recover.

Oh dear...

It's a good thing that you are not in any kind of position of influence.

I guarantee that she will not deny that she is involved, if there is any kind of violence.

I

Of course she will not admit that she threatened to jump as a form of blackmail. Maybe he tried to grab her to prevent from falling. But how would have be able to prove that.

Sorry, but you really shouldn't bring bias into the discussion. It clouds your judgement. 

What she states simply does not have the ring of truth. it's too one sided.

6 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Yes, but I doubt we will ever get to hear the full truth given the lack of evidence.

I don't know anything about a marriage. She seems to use her family name as opposed to his.

So, until some facts are revealed, I am not prepared to condemn him.

Will wait until the results of any investigation.

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Seems to me, that if you ever want to start a fight with your wife, thai family or even foreign friends - always have it on the ground floor !

And hide all the knifes, steel bars, guns, bats and all that everyone seem to have in all from their homes to taxis, tuk tuks, motorbikes and when out picking mushrooms in the village.

Soo, all clear. Now I got it all out and believe we are real safe that nothing can happen. Nah, maybe she run out the door out in the street in front of a car.

8 hours ago, PattayaGuy2019 said:

These are the low life that immigration need to go after. The whole thing sounds so murky - he worked organising bars ? Did he have a work permit ? Drag him back to Thailand, give him a life sentence. I hate this type of criminal farang and sadly money is king with the police and morals and principles come last.

He  has  money , quality farang , nuff said .

Wow , these keyboard warriors , are having a field day , in their cyber caves . 555

Get a life , get a Kindle . 

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

That's not what I said.

I said we know nothing about what happened in the room and we know nothing about the wife's family's intentions, nor if what they say happened is true.

As for looking after the wife - yes, if it was my wife, I sure would look after her.

BUT - even if she was my wife, I would still leave if she was accusing me of something I haven't done and with the family looking for revenge or a financial jackpot. I would leave because I have limited confidence in the Thai legal system when Thai-Farang interests collide and because I would also be worried about my personal safety, even if I prevail on the legal side.

So I can fully understand someone leaving Thailand in such a situation, even if innocent.

Especially so as French citizens can invoke their constitutional rights and be judged in France by a French court applying Thai Law (or French criminal Law when applicable).

Looking at a different translation....

She stated that they lived together for a year. Claimed that they often had conflicts because he was jealous.

Stated that she wanted to go to her sister's room (between 1am & 2am??) to collect some clothes. She claims that he didn't believe her and accused her of wanting to collect clothes and to run off with another man.

This resulted in a severe quarrel "to the point of attacking the body". Not clear on whom attacked whom...if of course, any of this is true.

She ran to the balcony. He followed her where she claims pulling and strangling took place. Causing her to fall from the balcony.

No mention of a knife. Pulling and strangling on the balcony this time. 

Something about him giving 6000 baht her and denying all liability. She wants more. No money from the Justice Fund for her either. Hence filing report with the police. They don't accept her version of events.

So she has appealed to another department, hoping to qualify it as a physical assault. An initial interview with her took place, which have now been forwarded to his supervisor.

https://www.dailynews.co.th/crime/731252

The last paragraph enlightens somewhat. It's not about the Frenchman at all. It's about getting her case categorised as an attack.

As it is currently categorised as a fall, she gets nothing from the Justice Fund.

Mr Ronnarong said that when the police in Pattaya Concluded the case as a fall By not being attacked Causing the injured person to not have the right to receive financial support from the Justice Fund Therefore request the sheriff police Demolish the case, proving to be a physical assault. Initially, the investigative staff conducted an interrogation to be considered together with the evidence. Before forwarding the matter to the supervisor for further consideration

https://siamrath.co.th/n/102807

4 hours ago, JamJar said:

Since the Frenchman is not accused of anything, he can sue Thaivisa. The Thai woman has chosen publicity.

Understand the difference?

No I not understand the difference.

Thairath, Kaosod, channel 7, Pattaya news etc report it with name and photo.

Will French guy sue all of them? Don’t think so. 

If TVF just report what they say he can not sue TVF.

can French guy sue from France? He not here remember.

can we say name of Pattaya GOGO bars he worked at? And who own this one? Police guy own them or not? 

This story about that. The woman go to Pattaya police, and they do nothing. She say it because his friend is policeman. Is that fair or not?

Should be court decide. Not the French guy police friend.

Understand the difference?

He live and work here. Why run away and leave his wife like that?

Archived