Oh Man! Foreign tourist racks up 50K bar tab after ringing the bell 20 times!

webfact

When inebriated, people do stupid things- especially if unaccustomed to a foreign country and its practices (meaning bar whatever). Forgive me "if" I question the intent (of bar owners with "ladies") to pad bills. When someone is inebriated and they(the bar) realize that, I can assure you that many will attempt to take advantage of that.  I guess...get rid of the bell and perhaps "foreigners" won't be screwed.:) And yes- someone mentioned that the girl with this tourist should have alerted him as to what the bell meant. So much for her...

It goes both ways. How do we know the bill was padded? because of the word of someone that is inebriated? They will always claim the bill is padded. It is already discussed that the price for 20 rings will be in the neighborhood of 50k so that does not mean it was padded. Also the Omani did not deny that he rung the bell 20x. Pleading ignorance as to the pricing is not really an excuse because there are signs next to the bell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet - these "supposed monks"- who have been scrutinized before continue to operate their "faux" scams. Sorry- any idiot can see a front to this supposed "Buddhist" practice. And yet- no one questions it.....no one stops it.......no one has the balls to take a stance against these obvious "faux" Buddhists. Pathetic.

And yet - these "supposed monks"- who have been scrutinized before continue to operate their "faux" scams. Sorry- any idiot can see a front to this supposed "Buddhist" practice. And yet- no one questions it.....no one stops it.......no one has the balls to take a stance against these obvious "faux" Buddhists. Pathetic.

There bad apples everywhere. It does not mean all monks or all Thais are bad. All those priests that got caught molesting childre... does that mean all Christians or all priests are bad?

2 hours ago, jastheace said:

wow !! must of been a good evening. wish I was there !

Great selection of totty but those 200 baht LDs are a killer. They actually sell beer a bit cheaper than many places.  It escapes me why someone would want to waste so much money. If they had 50 girls working there that means they had 20 each. Not likely. Why would anyone want to be made such a fool of!

Great selection of totty but those 200 baht LDs are a killer. They actually sell beer a bit cheaper than many places.  It escapes me why someone would want to waste so much money. If they had 50 girls working there that means they had 20 each. Not likely. Why would anyone want to be made such a fool of!

Maybe they have money to burn. Who knows? It maybe a crazy amount for LOS but you can easily burn $6,500 USD in an American stripclub.

BTW, the drinks don’t have to be distributed evenly (in fact it wasn’t)... I guess he fancies a couple of girls. They don’t have to drink it all either. They can give it to customers, wait staff, etc.

Archived