Monthly pension income no longer accepted for marriage visa?

Yesterday I went to my provincial immigration office, my retirement visa finishes on 25th September and I wanted change to a marriage visa.

The IO printed off an information form in Thai, which he then highlighted a number of the sections with a marker pen and hand wrote an additional section to the form.

My wife translated, telling me that the form gave information about what was needed for the marriage application and the hand written addition said we needed to bring another thai person with us when we apply and they must bring their ID card and blue property book with them.

While I cannot read thai, I could see there was a section with 2 parts, in one was the figures 400,000 and the other part had 40,000, so this was the proof of funds/pension income, but he had only highlighted the 400,000 part.

I told him I wanted to do the 40,000 baht per month paid into a thai Bank route as I did not have 400,00 baht to deposit.

He flatly told me that the monthly income was no longer available!!

Has anyone else been told something like this or have the rules changed?

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No changes have been made. You can still use the income option to apply for the extension.

Which office told you it was not allowed.

Applied for mine last month using the income option.

So did I. No problem.

Sorry I have not replied direct to your questions, I am not that good with computers and do not know how to join into your message boxes.

answer to ubonjoe: Sakhon Nakon

answer to Tanoshi: British.

I was a bit annoyed by IO reply and said I was sure that monthly income was still ok, he asked if I could get a 'certificate' from my Embassy, which he must of know this was impossible now for British, USA  etc

I said I would get statements from my Bangkok  Bank to confirm the monthly FTT amounts of over 40,000 baht from October last year to this September.

He kept saying that he wanted a 'certificate' from my thai bank and he also wanted my UK bank statements showing that I sent the money then he would consider if was acceptable.

He has not actually said that there had been a 'mistake' and monthly is acceptable.

I am worried that I will get all the documentation together and he then goes back to refusing monthly deposits from the UK.

34 minutes ago, Surviving said:

He kept saying that he wanted a 'certificate' from my thai bank and he also wanted my UK bank statements showing that I sent the money then he would consider if was acceptable.

Just put together as much proof of your transfers from outside you can get.

Some offices are wanting a special letter from the bank that lists the transfers. An example for one from Bangkok is here.

Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits.pdf

The local bank branch here told me they could do one so I just used a standard bank they do for the money in bank option and the office accepted it.

I had a total of 13 pages of proof between bank statements, copies of my bank book pages  and proof of my pension income.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No changes have been made. You can still use the income option to apply for the extension.

Which office told you it was not allowed.

Applied for mine last month using the income option.

So did I.

It took a lot of faffing about but it worked in the end.

This was at Khampaeng Phet Immigration Office.