Combination method for visa at Jomtien

Simple question, no need for long drawn out replies!

Will Jomtien Imm. accept application to extend O visa ( ie. retirement ) using the combo method, proof of income ( using bank statement ) and money in bank?

Done this for last 15 years but now cannot get letter from British embassy!

I have asked this before but now I am much closer to date of visa and wondered if anyone had gone this way in the last few months?

Thanks in antisipation!

• Like 1

Your best bet is to walk in, get a senior IO, and ask them directly.

Posts here have mostly indicated it is not possible. I cannot remember one indicating success.

For example:

In that thread, @ubonjoe states:

There are a few immigration offices that are allowing the combination when using proof of income transferred into a bank account for those that cannot get proof of income from their embassy.

The problem appears to be that the immigration bureau has failed to clarify the income part of the combination is allowed for both methods of income proof.

It is confusing since the income option was done in one police order that does not mention the combination option and only states a income of 65k baht is acceptable. 

And @merijn states:

Phuket immigration does not allow the combination method the countries who don't supply the income certificate anymore. (extension based on retirement)

Only the 800 K in the bank or the international transfer into your Thai bank account of at least 65 K.

For the other countries (who issue the certificates) it can be done, same as in the past.

And just as I hit Submit, @SEtonal posted above about success in Jomtien! 555

Looks like you are in luck.

Edited by timendres

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is this the same for the requirements for marriage?

A combination of income and money in the bank is not allowed for an extension based upon marriage. But it can can be an average income of 40k baht per month over the a year.

• Thanks 2

Yes, I see the conflicting reports.

Possibly just possibly acceptance or not is related to other factors --

How far back the transfer record if not the full 12

Leniency on that could possibly be different than full income applications

Amount in bank vs. transferred

Proper import codes and no missed months, etc.

Combo applications without letters are more complicated. I have a suspicion that not having the full 12 months back might be the issue in some of these rejections in different offices. Each month shows a different amount based on exchange rate and it's not as clear cut as showing at least 65K every time. 

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not sure you can do it. I'm British, went in and asked and she said cannot. But its worth trying, they could have just been lying to get their tea money.

Report back on this thread how it goes

I think it depends on the immigration office.

Phuket immigration does not allow the income option (for extension based on marriage) if you don't have the income certificate from the embassy or consul.

Except when you have a work permit in that case you use this money as your income for the extension.

I heard that some other immigration offices allows the income option without the certificate.

Did my Extension of stay a few months ago with the Combo method at Jomtien , 401,000 K in the bank, 40,000 income each month, had to show statement for 13 months with the 40,000 going in each month and letter from bank ,had the have letter for the money in the bank from the bank also , two letters from bank , very easy much better than before because I do not have to go Aust Embassy anymore, very quick and easy. 

• Thanks 1

From reports I have heard/seen, Jomtien Immigration in Pattaya will do the the Combo method.  However, this may be a case by case basis.  It is my understanding that having a document from your pension source showing the monthly amount is very helpful.

• Like 1

Did my Extension of stay a few months ago with the Combo method at Jomtien , 401,000 K in the bank, 40,000 income each month, had to show statement for 13 months with the 40,000 going in each month and letter from bank ,had the have letter for the money in the bank from the bank also , two letters from bank , very easy much better than before because I do not have to go Aust Embassy anymore, very quick and easy. 

Important detail with that is that you had the full 12 months of foreign transfer deposit records.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Did they ask you for proof of retirement? proof of income?

I am wondering if my application might fall down for the fact I cannot provide a bank statement showing a monthly income for the last 13 months!

Until the demise of the embassy letter I used to send my money from my English bank to my Thai bank when the exchange rate was favourable. This meant a gap of maybe 3/4 months then send £4/5 000's.

Since Feb. this year I have been sending over each month an amount equal to 50,000 baht.

It all seems like they are playing games which I don't find funny these days!

1 minute ago, monsieurhappy said:

I am wondering if my application might fall down for the fact I cannot provide a bank statement showing a monthly income for the last 13 months!

Until the demise of the embassy letter I used to send my money from my English bank to my Thai bank when the exchange rate was favourable. This meant a gap of maybe 3/4 months then send £4/5 000's.

Since Feb. this year I have been sending over each month an amount equal to 50,000 baht.

Will you have a 12 month record of foreign transfer deposits properly coded? Why do you think you might need 13 months? 

The 13 months seems to have come from a previous poster!

Even so, with my visa due in Nov. and me only doing a monthly transfer of funds from my English bank starting Feb. That only makes 10 months!

In Jan. I transferred more than 200,000 Thai baht from the UK and before that a same amount last Oct.

I know how picky the IO's can be and although these transfers are more than a regular amount of 40/50 000 Thai baht each month, it will undoutably be picked up!!

41 minutes ago, monsieurhappy said:

The 13 months seems to have come from a previous poster!

Even so, with my visa due in Nov. and me only doing a monthly transfer of funds from my English bank starting Feb. That only makes 10 months!

In Jan. I transferred more than 200,000 Thai baht from the UK and before that a same amount last Oct.

I know how picky the IO's can be and although these transfers are more than a regular amount of 40/50 000 Thai baht each month, it will undoutably be picked up!!

I see. In my opinion having 10 months would definitely work for a full income application but anything less than 12 is probably problematical. The leniency suggestion is more complex with combo applications. With 12 transfers of unequal baht amounts they get EXACT baht amount of the income portion. Less than that and it's murky. 

1 hour ago, monsieurhappy said:

The bank statement from your Thai bank showing the transfers as international is very important, in combination with the bankbook showing every transfer as foreign. 

When i went in and enquired about leniency for less than 12 months they said no, but good luck anyway, let us know