Pope Francis to visit Thailand, Japan in November

webfact

^ Chanthaburi's best known landmark is the Cathedral. A significant Catholic population:

Chanthaburi Diocese:

45,931 Catholics (2015)

Statistics: 40 parishes, 11 missions, 96 priests (79 diocesan, 17 religious), 305 lay religious (148 brothers, 157 sisters), 13 seminarians (2015)

b0200052baceff540580b99ed9fe0a33ed196685

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Benmart said:

I know a few corrupt and selfish atheists. Darkness is an equal opportunity employer.

Of course it is who ever claimed it differently. Its just that atheist are just less gullible / demand more proof then people who follow religions. Does not mean they can't be bad. 

19 hours ago, robblok said:

Like Catholics are any better look at the wealth of the church. (atheist speaking)

All religions are wealthy made so by the poor. Buddhist religion is a very rich  organisations with the land they own. I'm not a religious peron but obey the laws of the land which are mainly based on relig script.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I know there are some Christians here. My wife and her family are Christian. But, she has never heard of the Pope. Are there alot of Catholics here? There are only about 750,000 Christians, from what I hear. How many of those are Catholic? Seems an odd place to visit.

His ideal place to visit is Latin America, where they are more Catholic then the Pope.

His visit for 35 years ..... makes no sense. After all he is not welcome anymore anywhere as he lost that zest due to keeping his mouth shut on the child molesters team of priest brothers. Plenty of money is also involved and no actions.

People earlier thought of him as a Massiah to make correctional decisions within the Vatican but never happened.

17 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

I remember working at a Saint Mary's high school a long time ago and it was all about money, slave driving and pitiful contempt for the Thais, Philly and foreign staff working there for them ... money and nothing else. There are plenty of Catholics here, just it is not advertised too much. Look no further than the huge Assumption in Siratcha, it's massive and just one of many.

Looking at these school's facilities, one wonders where all the money goes. And its a LOT of money. 

20 hours ago, Cadbury said:

I have an old gf in Isaan. Talking with her the other day and she says she has done a switcheroo and changed over to Catholic. She says she got sick of the grasping monks. All take and no give.

Oh dear then she has not done research about the rape, pillaging, and plundering to amass vast wealth over the centuries, not to mention the inquisitions.

Is she aware of the institutional child abuse over the centuries? 

23 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

His ideal place to visit is Latin America, where they are more Catholic then the Pope.

His visit for 35 years ..... makes no sense. After all he is not welcome anymore anywhere as he lost that zest due to keeping his mouth shut on the child molesters team of priest brothers. Plenty of money is also involved and no actions.

People earlier thought of him as a Massiah to make correctional decisions within the Vatican but never happened.

The stop in Thailand will coincide with the 350th anniversary of the founding of the "Mission de Siam" by Pope Clement IX to oversee missions in Siam, the former name of Thailand. The late Pope John Paul visited Thailand in 1984.

30 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Oh dear then she has not done research about the rape, pillaging, and plundering to amass vast wealth over the centuries, not to mention the inquisitions.

For Christ sakes she is just a Thai country town woman from Isaan who wants to pray to someone else instead of the freeloading village monks. You don't have to have an apoplectic fit over it.

If you feel that strongly about it I suggest when the Pope comes to visit go tell him personally that he can shove his religion where the sun doesn't shine.

In the meantime let other people believe what they want, right or wrong.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

And to think all many of those victims would have required is a sharp pencil jammed into the eye or neck of the priest. Same applies to abusive nuns in school. It can do wonders, when faced with a difficult and awful situation. 

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I know there are some Christians here. My wife and her family are Christian. But, she has never heard of the Pope. Are there alot of Catholics here? There are only about 750,000 Christians, from what I hear. How many of those are Catholic? Seems an odd place to visit.

In 2003, there were 278,000 Catholics in Thailand, which constituted 0.44% of the total population at the time.

As of 2018, there are 379,975 Catholics in Thailand, a figure that represents 0.46 percent of the total population of 69 million.

https://missiontosiam.ucanews.com/

Religions create cultures.

That is why citizens of nations built on Christianity have the most

freedom and they are individuals, not just masses to grind .

This is especially true for Catholics because they have the opportunity

to confess their sins and be forgiven...
and with a clear conscience they can begin to sin again 555

There is no religion that gives more freedom than Catholicism!

On 9/13/2019 at 4:20 PM, Cadbury said:

I have an old gf in Isaan. Talking with her the other day and she says she has done a switcheroo and changed over to Catholic. She says she got sick of the grasping monks. All take and no give.

Where is the difference? No religion is sincere, only thieves and charlatans.
My god is NATURE!

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

And to think all many of those victims would have required is a sharp pencil jammed into the eye or neck of the priest. Same applies to abusive nuns in school. It can do wonders, when faced with a difficult and awful situation. 

You've obviously never been in that situation or you wouldn't make such a crass and tasteless remark.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am not sure that young children faced with those situations and terrified even thought about that action.

They are stunned, confused and scared.

I have never met such an ungodly, money-grabbing bunch as Thailand's Catholic clergy. From working in Catholic schools in the Kingdom for almost ten years I was shocked by how badly they treated everybody, especially their correligionist Filipino employees. A European priest who has lived and worked in the region for over 50 years expressed the view to me that education had caused so many problems for the Catholic church in Thailand. He talked about being in a newly opened school in the 1950s with 40 students and 5 teachers, and lacking the proverbial pot for urination,  and how 60 years later that same school had 6,000 + students and 500 teachers and how it was swimming in cash with Thai priests occupying all the executive positions and milking it. Catholics might represent a small overall percentage of the population but the Church is well established in Thailand, it is influential and well connected and it is incredibly rich, in large part thanks to education. I sincerely hope Francis kicks ass and reminds the clergy and religious in Thailand of the need to be Christ-like and act as role models, and thus offer Thailand an alternative.

18 hours ago, tropo said:

It may be a "perfect example" of why the Catholic Church is failing, but there's no need for sweeping generalizations. You probably don't realise that the Catholic Church does not speak for the rest of Christian denominations. Far from it. Apparently it's (Catholic Church) about 50% of all christians world wide.

It's interesting that he hasn't planned to visit the Philippines, the most populous Catholic nation on earth. Duterte has shown the catholic church his middle finger since he came to power in 2016, along with choice words of condemnation. He was abused by priests as a young boy, so there's no love lost there. Despite this, he's set to become the most popular president in 33 years (since democratic era began).

Interesting, I didn't  know that about Duarte being abused by a priest. 

18 hours ago, Thaifriends said:

Pope Francis was a hope not only to Catholics but to whole world to keep a balance between religions and for humens. 

But regret to say that the corrupt Vatican team and the sex offender priest are of stronger lobby then the Pope. He simply could not do anything. 

Sorry this is not to offend anyone but its reality.

Delirious drivel, this pope dude is the devil himself.

16 hours ago, Thaifriends said:

I am quite sure they have reasons good enough for them to let him make this trip and it isn't any good.

9 hours ago, gerryBScot said:

I have never met such an ungodly, money-grabbing bunch as Thailand's Catholic clergy. From working in Catholic schools in the Kingdom for almost ten years I was shocked by how badly they treated everybody, especially their correligionist Filipino employees. A European priest who has lived and worked in the region for over 50 years expressed the view to me that education had caused so many problems for the Catholic church in Thailand. He talked about being in a newly opened school in the 1950s with 40 students and 5 teachers, and lacking the proverbial pot for urination,  and how 60 years later that same school had 6,000 + students and 500 teachers and how it was swimming in cash with Thai priests occupying all the executive positions and milking it. Catholics might represent a small overall percentage of the population but the Church is well established in Thailand, it is influential and well connected and it is incredibly rich, in large part thanks to education. I sincerely hope Francis kicks ass and reminds the clergy and religious in Thailand of the need to be Christ-like and act as role models, and thus offer Thailand an alternative.

Dream on.

Archived