Bercow promises 'creativity' to ensure PM Johnson obeys Brexit delay law

snoop1130

On 9/15/2019 at 5:07 PM, DannyCarlton said:

No he doesn't. He shares my view that although their cause was just, their method of achieving those aims was anything but. He is a pacifist and deplores violence. However, once the peace accord was signed he saw that the best way to maintain the peace was to embrace and have discourse with both sides.

A view that HM the Queen shares.

image.png.29e3c2f089765584c0cfd8b8f2930a13.png

Their cause was just???? you mean to start a religious war in Northern Ireland - you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Get real Corbyns only aim is to attack anything that resembles what the white middle classes of the UK want - he HATES the british people and takes an extreme Left wing view -  he also lies through his teeth to students and doesnt even know his own parties policies - sorry for you if you support him because Corbutt will never be Prime Minister!! and he makes Labour unelectable - !! by the way nice little picture what does it prove?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/15/2019 at 1:46 PM, DannyCarlton said:

I'd really hoped that people wouldn't make a political point out of this comment, but I suppose it was to much to ask of a Brexiteer as valid points are very thin on the ground for them.

[Facepalm] You just did it yourself [/facepalm]

[valid point] see above [/valid point]

The Tory MPs who voted down May's deal sabotaged Brexit. Had they voted with the government, we would have left the EU at the end of March. They did this for their own self interest and personal fortunes. Look no further than Reece-Mogg's hedge funds which stand to make him a considerable fortune if Britain crashes out of the EU.

No, it was a very bad deal, it really can be that simple. You can't just sign anything just to get it over with.

Surely that's what most Remainers would say when it comes to the Noel Edmunds question of our age.

They are the real self-serving "traitors", a word Brexiteers like to use, not the opposition. Maybe May should have removed the whip from them and expulsed them from the party when they refused to follow the whip. Absolute hypocracy from Johnson to twice vote against his prime minister then remove the whip from 21 tory MPs for doing exactly the same.

Not really, just that Mrs May wasn't a proper leader, and only seemed to want to be PM for the sake of it, like her counterpart in the Lowland League/Vauxhall Conference, the anointed Dr Doom himself.

No MP comes out of this smelling of roses but if you are going to put a bomb under parliament, make sure that it's planted under the government benches.

I doubt advocating that kind of thing is necessary (or advisable), simply promise a Peerage or EU Commissionership to coax them out, and make them vote for a General Election as a precondition.

Your point seems to be that we should have done what the EU told us to do, and everything would be OK.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:11 PM, mrfill said:

I think you'll find that general elections now take place every 5 years because of the Fixed Term Parliament Act - the very act that prevented a general election recently as it requires 2/3 of MPs to agree to an early election.

And where does it say referenda are only held once?

Quite right, let's have one every 3 years to make sure that nobody's changed their mind.

Archived