Thais allowed six cannabis plants per household under draft law

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

how many plants farang man can have?

One ! If you put 400k in the bank and report the plants growth every 90 days, if you cut or replant you need to submit a TM 30 for it. Oh and a Thai must own the soil it's planted in.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Cadbury said:

There's got to be a catch. And you can bet it has something to with money going to those who authorise the approvals. 

I haven't seen the draft legislation, nor have I seen reviews of it on Thai social media yet but...

I suspect that home growers will have to register with the authorities, gain some sort of approvals and agree to be monitored via spot inspections. Legal seedstock may be limited via government sources. Only Thai citizens will be allowed to grow, obviously.

11 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

Legal only for Thais???

How about us foreigners?

We like get high too..

You’re already a presumed criminal and possible terrorist. I highly doubt they are going to give you drugs. But anything is possible.

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

Not a good idea IMO.

If it is for medical reasons it should be treated as any other medical remedy. Growing it at home will IMO allow for misuse.

If it was made totally legal (as I think it should though I am not a user) , then home growth should be fine.

Image result for reefer madness

Doubt it will happen.  It would be good for farmers as it is the best selling herb of all time, but some farmers will segment their land to all their relatives to increase their legal yield.  All for it, but the basket case government is more likely to create a mess than a solution.   

36 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Look forward to even more high flying pickups crashing through your window and killing you on the streets at least we can laugh about it????

That only happens with alcohol. And they've been allowing that blood bath to go on for over a hundred years!

48 minutes ago, dcnx said:

You’re already a presumed criminal and possible terrorist. I highly doubt they are going to give you drugs. But anything is possible.

I totally agree they won't "give" us drugs but I think they will certainly be willing to sell them which I think is a part of the plan,also to woo back the lost tourist numbers as I think certain pockets are starting to hurt. 

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Thought folk were not allowed to smoke indoors, new law, but they can smoke dope. Hmmmmm, I reckon there is now going to be a zillion Thai folk walking around with a limp...????

I don't think the law/act recently enacted actually bans smoking indoors in one's own home.

I think it is meant to offer family members, co-habitating, some sort of legal protection in the event they wish to file a complaint. No punishments were included, AFAIK.

8 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Get where? Stoner Land ? 

You know...weed and hash are called Dope for a reason. 

Current, modern use of the word = really cool. Awesome. Might even be "super" awesome!

That dope was totally dope! 

This kinda reminds me of the opium and marijuana dealers in the mountains going up to the falls out side of Pai.  It was legal for the people to have it and to sell it but when you bought it you were arrested when going down the mountain. I used to go up and watch the dealers selling opium and pot and there would be a undercover guy sitting with them to tell the police below. Figure that out. I personally would not be caught dead with any weed in Thailand.

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

Not a good idea IMO.

If it is for medical reasons it should be treated as any other medical remedy. Growing it at home will IMO allow for misuse.

If it was made totally legal (as I think it should though I am not a user) , then home growth should be fine.

I am not sure I understand the distinction between possibility of “home growth misuse” if it is legal for medical vs recreational.

Archived