Thais allowed six cannabis plants per household under draft law

snoop1130

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, sirineou said:

Not a good idea IMO.

If it is for medical reasons it should be treated as any other medical remedy. Growing it at home will IMO allow for misuse.

Define "Misuse". Enough regulation over my body, my free will, and my choice. What I do in the privacy of my own home has nothing to do with you. Where you get off trying to impose your ideals on me just astounds me. There are plenty of dictatorships around the World if that's the kind of control you prefer.

13 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

If they want to make it legal to grow your own cannabis and smoke it (or whatever) in your own home, I'm all for it.

Maybe we could be allowed to brew our own beer, cider, and wine in our own homes, for our own consumption.

But smoking even tobacco in your own home was banned about a month ago.

I can see a lot of people all rolled up and ready to blow.

35 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

Define "Misuse". Enough regulation over my body, my free will, and my choice. What I do in the privacy of my own home has nothing to do with you. Where you get off trying to impose your ideals on me just astounds me. There are plenty of dictatorships around the World if that's the kind of control you prefer.

I am all for it's use by adults, but...

This is Thailand, with the weed growing at home there is always the potential of unauthorised use,, Such as minors under development using it. 

Do you really think the those growing it will use it only for their own personal use amd only for medicinal purposes?

15 hours ago, sirineou said:

Not a good idea IMO.

If it is for medical reasons it should be treated as any other medical remedy. Growing it at home will IMO allow for misuse.

If it was made totally legal (as I think it should though I am not a user) , then home growth should be fine.

Thailand as the way Thailand is will misuse this weed. Home grown and under control ? Ha, ha, ha, I like this joke, it's nice joke I must say. Since when have you seen anything under control in Thailand?

Once legalized all hell broke loose. Don't take my word just sit tight and watch.

Young kids walking around town with a few joints in their pockets. Is legal isn't it?

Thais don't understand legal system and they don't care either. Did I say something wrong? Look at the traffic for a start。Do they look like they understand laws or do they look like they care?

Good to see that at least some things in Thailand are moving in the right direction. Keep it up!

Are you really convinced stoned people are the right direction for this country? What is wrong with you people? Promoting a drug that makes you stoned gets your support? You really think this is the only thing that can make you feel good?
The government will increase taxes on alcohol-free beer because they are convinced this will push people to drink more alcoholic beverages. For drugs they now use the opposite logic.
I realise this this is going to happen because it is a lost battle not because it is for the good of humanity. Welcome to zombie land!

2 hours ago, mikebike said:

I am not sure I understand the distinction between possibility of “home growth misuse” if it is legal for medical vs recreational.

I am not making a value judgment, simply a management one. 

If it is decided that it can be used recreationally the it probably could be grown at home , though even then the potential for unauthorised use exists,

but if it is decided that it should be only used for medical purposes the if allowed to be grown at home, I am sure the controlling its use for recreational purposes would be impossible. 

6 minutes ago, ylmiri said:

Thailand as the way Thailand is will misuse this weed. Home grown and under control ? Ha, ha, ha, I like this joke, it's nice joke I must say. Since when have you seen anything under control in Thailand?

Once legalized all hell broke loose. Don't take my word just sit tight and watch.

Young kids walking around town with a few joints in their pockets. Is legal isn't it?

Thais don't understand legal system and they don't care either. Did I say something wrong? Look at the traffic for a start。Do they look like they understand laws or do they look like they care?

It is under control now , once it is grown at home, what litle control there is it would be gone.

12 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am all for it's use by adults, but...

This is Thailand, with the weed growing at home there is always the potential of unauthorised use,, Such as minors under development using it. 

Do you really think the those growing it will use it only for their own personal use amd only for medicinal purposes?

I am unclear by your reference that "this is Thailand", as if Thai's are less responsible that others. I don't buy your argument but what if minors smoked weed? That is the responsibility of their parent or guardian and not a place for government regulation under the false auspices of protecting them. If the government truly cared to protect the health of minors, smoking weed is pretty low on the list of potential threats to ones development. No, I don't think those using it will restrict it to personal consumption for medical reasons and neither does anyone else, including the legislatures. Are individuals not allowed to sell agricultural products for their personal gain? Is it somehow bad to consume said agriculture for recreational enjoyment? You might take a look at the devastating effects of sugar on minors, long before marijuana.

Ok there seems to be a huge misunderstanding concerning the use of weed now days.

The weed available today , it is not your grandfather's weed, it is not your father's weed and it is not even your weed or the weed you knew.

Weed contains two chemicals that are of value to as , THC that is used to get high,and  CBD which provides the beneficial medical affects. 

One could bath in CBD and would not get high , conversely the consumption of THC has very litle medicinal effect , and adverse effects on the development of the brain of minors.

Through cultivation the THC level of todays weed has steadily increased  over the past decades. In the 1990 the average THC content of weed was less than 4% by 2013 it is reported to be about 10%..........  

I support its sale under controlled circumstances where adults can make rational decisions about its use , but OMO allowing home growth would open pandora's box and all bets are off , especially in a place such as Thailand.

IMO it would be a huge mistake..   

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Ok there seems to be a huge misunderstanding concerning the use of weed now days.

The weed available today , it is not your grandfather's weed, it is not your father's weed and it is not even your weed or the weed you knew.

Weed contains two chemicals that are of value to as , THC that is used to get high,and  CBD which provides the beneficial medical affects. 

One could bath in CBD and would not get high , conversely the consumption of THC has very litle medicinal effect , and adverse effects on the development of the brain of minors.

Through cultivation the THC level of todays weed has steadily increased  over the past decades. In the 1990 the average THC content of weed was less than 4% by 2013 it is reported to be about 10%..........  

I support its sale under controlled circumstances where adults can make rational decisions about its use , but OMO allowing home growth would open pandora's box and all bets are off , especially in a place such as Thailand.

Your welcome to your opinion, so long as it doesn't impinge on my opinion.

9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

CBD and THC have both medicinal effects, just for different symptoms. It seems you have a misunderstanding of the plant.

16 minutes ago, lesmac said:

CBD does not come from cannibals it comes from Hemp and has no high

... now leave the cannibals alone, good people that & really should not be dragged into the discussion of dangerous plants (LOFL!) and dreadful killerdrugs ...

And yes, CBD does come from 'cannabis' too - as the name given to a certain >family of plants< ...

CBD also is a reductional product from THC reacting with oxygen in the air (a.k.a. oxydation), intensified by high temperatures which therefore is a way used to produce CBD oil ...

1 minute ago, Time to grow said:

Your welcome to your opinion, so long as it doesn't impinge on my opinion.

These are not opinions these are facts.

I smoked as a young man but I don't do anymore. I tried smocking a couple of years ago and did not like it, It F me up, for me it was not fun.

I respect you decision as an adult to smoke weed, and I think it should be legalized under controlled  conditions.  Allowing it's growth at home would IMO thrown any such control out the window. 

Let;s put all value judgments on the side, please tel me how, if weed was allowed to be grown at home for medical purposes, how they will prevent people from smoking it for recreational purposes.? 

IMO the medical use growth at home proposal is half baked.and a stunt.

Just now, sirineou said:

These are not opinions these are facts.

I smoked as a young man but I don't do anymore. I tried smocking a couple of years ago and did not like it, It F me up, for me it was not fun.

I respect you decision as an adult to smoke weed, and I think it should be legalized under controlled  conditions.  Allowing it's growth at home would IMO thrown any such control out the window. 

Let;s put all value judgments on the side, please tel me how, if weed was allowed to be grown at home for medical purposes, how they will prevent people from smoking it for recreational purposes.? 

IMO the medical use growth at home proposal is half baked.and a stunt.

It may be a stunt.  Merely a draft law by one party at this point.

Fantastic idea, as if there were not already enough road deaths every day.

Stoned Thais and foreigners riding the ubiquitous motocy without a front brake or lightning. We will regain our number 1 position back for the country with the most dead bodies on the road. ????????????????????

5 minutes ago, thaichina said:

CBD and THC have both medicinal effects, just for different symptoms. It seems you have a misunderstanding of the plant.

I am not a medical researcher and my understanding of the issue is only cursory, but it seems to me from what I have read that most of the medical applications are derived from CBD, I am sure there are medical applications from THC as there are with any other compound.

Archived