Thais allowed six cannabis plants per household under draft law

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, SwampyThai said:

Fantastic idea, as if there were not already enough road deaths every day.

Stoned Thais and foreigners riding the ubiquitous motocy without a front brake or lightning. We will regain our number 1 position back for the country with the most dead bodies on the road. ????????????????????

can you imagine? 

I can just hear kid saying to each other. "Oh those plants. they are only for my mom's medical use, No No we cant smoke any of that , It would be illegal, this is after all Thailand and we never brake the law here!!"

????????

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, sirineou said:

can you imagine? 

I can just hear kid saying to each other. "Oh those plants. they are only for my mom's medical use, No No we cant smoke any of that , It would be illegal, this is after all Thailand and we never brake the law here!!"

????????

Do you just pull a bud off a plant and smoke it?  Or is there some kind of process involved beforehand? 

Just now, 55Jay said:

Do you just pull a bud off a plant and smoke it?  Or is there some kind of process involved beforehand? 

what does that mean?

that minors will not misuse it because it involves some kind of process before you smoke it?

Just now, sirineou said:

what does that mean?

that minors will not misuse it because it involves some kind of process before you smoke it?

So you don't know.  No problem.  Just sounded like you had the idea kids could simply snap a fat sticky off Mom's plant out back and spark it up before she gets home from work. 

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

It may be a stunt.  Merely a draft law by one party at this point.

To be fair, BJT (Proud to be High, Thai) ran hard on this pro-cannabis platform. Joined the majority coalition and garnered the DoH ministry. BJT leader Anutin Charnvirakul is the Health Minister. Think they also have the Digital Economy & Society post, and several deputy minisrty seats. 

52 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I smoked as a young man but I don't do anymore. I tried smocking a couple of years ago and did not like it, It F me up, for me it was not fun.

I respect you decision as an adult to smoke weed, and I think it should be legalized under controlled  conditions.  Allowing it's growth at home would IMO thrown any such control out the window. 

Let;s put all value judgments on the side, please tel me how, if weed was allowed to be grown at home for medical purposes, how they will prevent people from smoking it for recreational purposes.? 

IMO the medical use growth at home proposal is half baked.and a stunt.

As you, I smoked many decades ago but haven't for a very long time and don't care to now. This is irrelevant. I believe that as an adult, my right to put whatever I want into my body is my choice and my choice alone, provided it doesn't infringe on someone else's rights. I have a child and I will decide if he can smoke weed just as I decide if he can consume sugar, that is one of the fundamental responsibilities of a parent. You ask me how to prevent people from consuming marijuana for recreational purposes. My answer is you can't, you never will, and you have no right to. I would ask, why are you so concerned with people recreating, particularly when it has no bearing on your rights? I am a little tired of regulatory bodies trying to "protect" me under false pretenses, to say the least. I am a responsible adult and I will take care of myself thank you very much. I will also recreate as I choose and I believe everyone else should be entitled to recreate regardless of others opinions.

6 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

As you, I smoked many decades ago but haven't for a very long time and don't care to now. This is irrelevant. I believe that as an adult, my right to put whatever I want into my body is my choice and my choice alone, provided it doesn't infringe on someone else's rights. I have a child and I will decide if he can smoke weed just as I decide if he can consume sugar, that is one of the fundamental responsibilities of a parent. You ask me how to prevent people from consuming marijuana for recreational purposes. My answer is you can't, you never will, and you have no right to. I would ask, why are you so concerned with people recreating, particularly when it has no bearing on your rights? I am a little tired of regulatory bodies trying to "protect" me under false pretenses, to say the least. I am a responsible adult and I will take care of myself thank you very much. I will also recreate as I choose and I believe everyone else should be entitled to recreate regardless of others opinions.

No man is an island 

I had to laugh at a memory re: wet buds.^   When I was around 13, home alone for 2 days on my own, first time ever, the adult, long-hair scary guy on my street didn't have any for sale - only a few plants - so he laughed and sold me a couple live buds right off the branch. 

I didn't have a lot of time, money, another source, or any idea what I was doing, and damn sure wasn't about to go back to scary long-hair to ask.  So I put them in the toaster oven on the lowest setting to, ya' know, expedite the drying process.   When I went to remove them a minute or so later, they looked normal, but disintegrated in my fingers on contact.  NOOOOOOOOOO!   So much for that genius plan.  ????  

1 minute ago, 55Jay said:

I had to laugh at a memory re: wet buds.^   When I was around 13, home alone for 2 days on my own, first time ever, the adult, long-hair scary guy on my street didn't have any for sale - only a few plants - so he laughed and sold me a couple live buds right off the branch. 

I didn't have a lot of time, money, another source, or any idea what I was doing, and damn sure wasn't about to go back to scary long-hair to ask.  So I put them in the toaster oven on the lowest setting to, ya' know, expedite the drying process.   When I went to remove them a minute or so later, they looked normal, but disintegrated in my fingers on contact.  NOOOOOOOOOO!   So much for that genius plan.  ????  

Had to laugh about that !

It seems we dont get much smarter with age.

I was pressure washing my driveway today and decided to also pressure wash the mail box, forgetting to get the mail out first.  When I went to get the mail later it was all wet.  So I decided to put it in the oven to dry it. Only to forget it in there and set it on fire. 

No weed involved in that story :cheesy:

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

No man is an island 

The former American president, Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." By the way, you didn't answer my question as to why you are so concerned with others consuming for recreational purposes? 

Just now, sirineou said:

Had to laugh about that !

It seems we dont get much smarter with age.

I was pressure washing my driveway today and decided to also pressure wash the mail box, forgetting to get the mail out first.  When I went to get the mail later it was all wet.  So I decided to put it in the oven to dry it. Only to forget it in there and set it on fire. 

No weed involved in that story :cheesy:

But, even with a nod to aging, it's the kinda story where weed could have been invovled. ????

2 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

The former American president, Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." By the way, you didn't answer my question as to why you are so concerned with others consuming for recreational purposes? 

Because no man is an Island.

If what you did, did not affect me I would have no problem with it whatsoever. But it does because we share space.

What you do affects me, what your kids do affects me , and what I do affects you.  We all live in a society , we all affect each other.and need some regulation. 

The operative word is "essential" There is a lot of daylight between Liberty, and essential Liberty.  

my thoughts :

ok ..to allow a plant that basically make people high and can be used for health ( many experts question this..it is only agreed it can smoothen the side effects of chemotherapie...can but not must...for people with chronic pains it can be a help ..but its need to be applied in a very specific dosage to be effective.. modern canabis variations are extremly potent hundret times higher than the hippie canabis of the sixtys..that time it was a identy drug....today if somebody smoke it in overdose it leads to depressions and mental disorder.... every plant has different dosage for a private person its not possible to be sure...its like with sleeping pills one pill help you a whole packet and u sleep forever or receive a serious poissoning ...many expert say if u smoke the drug for your lungs its much bader than to smoke tabaco / i respect my health and wellbeing )...i like the idea of growing canabis at home but i dont use drugs have no intention to get more high that i am already because of the absolut marvioulus life i lead....for me its a really cool thought but what will happen if animals eat it..like my neighbours cat that use our garden at her disposal...???? and what other use it can have...???? for sure i will try to grow it just to see how it developes even my wife will run havoc ( maybe i tell her wait till the plant is grown it will help ur anger management - spicy times to come hahahaha ) ....

I grow professionally in Oregon.  All I can is one thing. If people know how to grow outdoors and how to feed, 6 trees will produce over 12 lbs of weed!  DAAAAUM  It's the most awesome country to grow in as the temps are PERFECT with the right amount of humidity with long days, warm nights and rain. 

Bring on the Thai Sticks!!  Thai smoke is superior

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Because no man is an Island.

If what you did, did not affect me I would have no problem with it whatsoever. But it does because we share space.

What you do affects me, what your kids do affects me , and what I do affects you.  We all live in a society , we all affect each other.and need some regulation. 

The operative word is "essential" There is a lot of daylight between Liberty, and essential Liberty.  

I don't buy it, not for a minute. Clearly you have an issue with others enjoying themselves at their own expense. You apparently believe more control is appropriate to discourage others from enjoying themselves. To say that you are effected because we share some space is hogwash. You can keep your nanny state. If anyone needs to get high for a different perspective, it might be you.

7 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm....maybe the increase in druggies coming to Thailand because of this, will offset the decrease of tourist numbers(tee hee).TIT

Thai Gov will be happy.  Recreational smokers on holiday have discretionary cash to spend, and don't cause problems like drunken idiots.  If they are dumb enough to drive, they're easy to spot, and catch.

In the unlikely event our highly trained Thai cops on Hello Kitty Scoopy motorbikes DO manage to lose them in a slow-speed chase, they can park outside the nearest Burger King or Mister Donut, and the offenders will be along shortly.  ????

19 hours ago, CharlieH said:

"According to US law, hemp is the stalks, stems and sterilized seeds of cannabis sativa, and marijuana is the leaves, flowers and viable seeds of cannabis sativa"

https://www.counterpunch.org/2016/03/29/hemp-cannabis-and-marijuana-whats-the-difference/

The word Marijuana came into being in proabition days, It's a Mexican word. It's all Cannabis or Hemp.

Current legal status...

Two relevant acts: the Narcotics Act 2522 (1979) and the Psychotropic Substances Act 2518 (1975).

Under the provisions of Psychotropic Substances Act, the penalties are as follows:

(Cannabis is Schedule 1 in this Act)

For Schedule 1 and 2 Substances:

Imprisonment of 5-20 years and a fine of 100,000-400,000 Baht for production, importation or exportation sale
Imprisonment not exceeding 5 years and a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht for carrying across borders
Imprisonment of 1-5 years and a fine of 20,000-100,000 Baht for possession, use or consumption

Under the provisions of the Narcotics Act, the penalties are as follows:

(Cannabis is Category 5 under this Act)

For Cannabis Under Category 5:

From 2-15 years imprisonment and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht for production, importation or exportation
From 2-10 years imprisonment or a fine of 40,000 – 200,000 Baht or both for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal. If the quantity is over 10 kilograms, the penalty is increased to a maximum of 15 years and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht
Imprisonment not exceeding 5 years and or a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht or both for possession
Imprisonment not exceeding 1 year and a fine of 100,000 – 1,000,000 for consumption

Archived