Thais allowed six cannabis plants per household under draft law

snoop1130

28 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

I don't buy it, not for a minute. Clearly you have an issue with others enjoying themselves at their own expense. You apparently believe more control is appropriate to discourage others from enjoying themselves. To say that you are effected because we share some space is hogwash. You can keep your nanny state. If anyone needs to get high for a different perspective, it might be you.

I have no problem with you enjoying yourself without affecting anyone else, but

we do share the same roads, so.....

we live in the same neighborhoods so......

You use services paid by other people's taxes so...

etc etc etc......

If you don't use any of the above, please forgive me. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

etc etc etc......

As it turns out, there are separate laws to address the issue of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of an intoxicant. There are different laws because it is a different issue. The fact that we live in the same neighborhood is irrelevant in terms of me getting high. I may not like the deodorant you use but that is my problem. You are really stretching with your example; "You use services paid by other people's taxes so..." As it turns out, I can't think of any but are you implying that I shouldn't be allowed to use taxpayer funded services because I used marijuana? This sounds more like fascism than anything else, especially given your comment that somehow Thai's are less able to moderate their consumption of marijuana than others.

Mmmmm......11 pages and counting. It's quite a popular subject. And all this talk about smoking. What about eating? I like a cookie with my coffee.

And I was amused by the photo of the Pope with the microphone under the cannabis headline. Is he coming to Thailand to make the public announcement? Holy smoke!

1 hour ago, Time to grow said:

I don't buy it, not for a minute. Clearly you have an issue with others enjoying themselves at their own expense. You apparently believe more control is appropriate to discourage others from enjoying themselves. To say that you are effected because we share some space is hogwash. You can keep your nanny state. If anyone needs to get high for a different perspective, it might be you.

Haha - you dont need to buy it - now you can GROW it!!????

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

etc etc etc......

Quite simple people who are high and drive should be punished as hard as people caught driving and drinking. No different actually. 

People who use cannabis are far nicer then those on drinking alcohol. Give far less problems.. they might attack a snickers bar or something like that but that is about as bad as it gets. 

Quite simple people who are high and drive should be punished as hard as people caught driving and drinking. No different actually. 

People who use cannabis are far nicer then those on drinking alcohol. Give far less problems.. they might attack a snickers bar or something like that but that is about as bad as it gets. 

You are probably thinking about the cannabis from your hippy days, but nowadays with GMO they are/will be able to increase the potential to extreme high levels. Flower power? Rather “helter skelter”

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

You are probably thinking about the cannabis from your hippy days, but nowadays with GMO they are/will be able to increase the potential to extreme high levels. Flower power? Rather “helter skelter”

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think i got a lot more experience with it then you do. I am from the Netherlands did my fair share also recent. No people dont get aggressive from weed unlike from alcohol. If they had to ban something and allow something new.. it would be better then fair trade off health and aggression wise. 

Most people drinking really have no clue. 

21 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I'd better get planting a few more than.

What's the difference between cannabis and marijuana anyone, please? It's all dope to me.   LOL

Nothing marijuana is the Mexican word for cannabis what was used for publicity purposes when the USA government made cannabis illegal thaty use the word marijuana because anything Mexican was considered more menacing.

20 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

worked for Trudeau..

The Government has screwed the process up in Canada, you'd think they were passing the Bong around while setting it up. 

Reaping season is about to begin and the stats for fence jumping Marijuana theives will be interesting to say the least. 

Firstly only allow marijuana (marijuana does not contain a concoction of chemicals that effect the Lungs) vaping and make all other vaping products illegal. 

All students should not be allowed to smoke marijuana. Marijuana does slow developement if used on a regular basis at a young age. 

CBD is an amazing discovery! They have identified well over 75 different types of CBD'S which have similar and different medicinal values which can be used alone or in combinations to cure illnesses. This is just the beginning CBD's do not require the rainforests and can cure the vast majority of illnesses.

Other than people growing their own at home, the growing, distribution and sale to the tourists and general public needs to be strictly enforced to stop black market Meth dusted Chinese products from destroying this lucrative Tax Based winfall.

Legalize and regulate marijuana

Allow Marijuana Hashish and oils to be purchased legally in licenced regulated stores to collect  lucrative taxes.

Crush the black Market in order to maximize tax collections and curtail dangerous chemical exposure. 

Do not allow the smoking of anything on the Beaches.

Make cigarettes and vaping illegal

Slow and steady wins the race, as painful as it is to watch i applaud and encourage the Government of Thailand to stay ahead of the competition. Many tourists will return to Thailand and glady pay to play. 

Let them smoke pot they will drink less and enjoy more! 

Pablo????????????

Rough translation from a quote from Anuthin today...

"But insisting that the 6-plant house cannabis is the goal of the party But everything must be gradual, step by step"

Seems like there may be a total of twelve bills, maybe one dealing with de-criminalization, which is a shocker. 

No distribution outside the home.

To be treated like alcohol and tobacco.

Family has to be responsible.

Only cannabis.

I assumed the laws would stay in place, and people would be granted an exemption for the home-grow option.

Seems like there's a lot to be worked out.

Not a user and never have been or will be.  Have seen several who get in a mellow if not lethargic state after using.  A least two others I am aware of in the past got the opposite result becoming aggressive, loud and obnoxious.  So, those who wish will be able to get 'high' at home.  But, as with alcohol consumption they will get in their vehicles and drive like idiots either having slow reaction times or be prone to road rage..  So much for doing things to reduce carnage on Thai roads.

6 hours ago, luk AJ said:

Are you really convinced stoned people are the right direction for this country? What is wrong with you people? Promoting a drug that makes you stoned gets your support? You really think this is the only thing that can make you feel good?

I'm convinced that letting Thais CHOOSE if they want to indulge is the right direction for this country. People should be given more choice, people should be given more say, in general.

That obviously doesn't mean that everyone will be stoned at all times, that's just nonsensical fear mongering that has been disproved in many countries that have already legalized cannabis.

58 minutes ago, dlclark97 said:

Not a user and never have been or will be.  Have seen several who get in a mellow if not lethargic state after using.  A least two others I am aware of in the past got the opposite result becoming aggressive, loud and obnoxious.  So, those who wish will be able to get 'high' at home.  But, as with alcohol consumption they will get in their vehicles and drive like idiots either having slow reaction times or be prone to road rage..  So much for doing things to reduce carnage on Thai roads.

You have missed the whole point, in Thailand there is no connection seen by those in charge between any drug / stimulant /alcohol and the ability to drive - maybe that explains the current massive kill rate on the roads from drunk and drugged drivers.

Seems there is also no brain cell connections either in the law makers. 

1 minute ago, Captain 776 said:

Marijuana is Medicine.

Chinese were using it 5000 yrs ago

2/3 of states in USA have legalized, soon it will be all 50

Yep, so is alcohol legal in USA as it is in Thailand, however ???????? has the world's highest kill rates on the road for DUI - - - just because it's legal in the US  and a few other countries, does it therefore follow that Thailand should legalise another drug to further exacerbate their own problems. 

Under Thailand's current drug laws, recreational users of cannabis can incur tough penalties, including up to 10 years in prison for possession and hefty fines.

But you can kill somebody in a Mercedes Benz and nothing happens, if you're wealthy.

If, when, but, or? 

Archived