Thais allowed six cannabis plants per household under draft law

snoop1130

3 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

Not a user and never have been or will be.  Have seen several who get in a mellow if not lethargic state after using.  A least two others I am aware of in the past got the opposite result becoming aggressive, loud and obnoxious.  So, those who wish will be able to get 'high' at home.  But, as with alcohol consumption they will get in their vehicles and drive like idiots either having slow reaction times or be prone to road rage..  So much for doing things to reduce carnage on Thai roads.

I've worked with/for drug addicts many moons ago and I've never seen somebody who got aggressive, loud, or obnoxious after/because of smoking pot.

It's usually exactly the opposite, how did you find that out that pot did that to them? Did they tell you that? 

Such behavior could be the result when people abuse amphetamines, coke, and other drugs like Benzos from "our dealers in white." 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, sirineou said:

Through cultivation the THC level of todays weed has steadily increased  over the past decades. In the 1990 the average THC content of weed was less than 4% by 2013 it is reported to be about 10%.......... 

I started university in Australia around 1990 and I can assure you of two things - (a) the hydro and even the bush weed we generally got hold of was much, much better than 4% and (b) folks were telling this exact same story but with different dates.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:36 PM, wgdanson said:

I'd better get planting a few more than.

What's the difference between cannabis and marijuana anyone, please? It's all dope to me.   LOL

Hemp is male and has no stoning potential. The county of Hampshire is derived from the hemp farms that were big there at one time. Marijuana is usually green herbal mixture of flowers and leaves. Cannabis is often solid AKA hash and comes from the  pollen of marijuana plants or is rubbed from the leaves of the plant growing over 6000 feet. Like coffee, Cannabis has two main varieties Cannabis Sativa and Cannabis Indica. However,  genetically modified plants and hydroponic growing techniques have changed the game.  In the UK horrible skunk has replaced sinsimella and  commercial. Skunk is powerful and awful. Non creative

On 9/13/2019 at 5:39 AM, CharlieH said:

"According to US law, hemp is the stalks, stems and sterilized seeds of cannabis sativa, and marijuana is the leaves, flowers and viable seeds of cannabis sativa"

https://www.counterpunch.org/2016/03/29/hemp-cannabis-and-marijuana-whats-the-difference/

Very scholarly quote. And what is indica?

7 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Hemp is male and has no stoning potential. The county of Hampshire is derived from the hemp farms that were big there at one time. Marijuana is usually green herbal mixture of flowers and leaves. Cannabis is often solid AKA hash and comes from the  pollen of marijuana plants or is rubbed from the leaves of the plant growing over 6000 feet. Like coffee, Cannabis has two main varieties Cannabis Sativa and Cannabis Indica. However,  genetically modified plants and hydroponic growing techniques have changed the game.  In the UK horrible skunk has replaced sinsimella and  commercial. Skunk is powerful and awful. Non creative

Need to clarify some things here. 

Hemp is a variety of cannabis that has less than 1% THC and strong fibre. Every plant on earth are classified in Latin language by genus and species but usually have many common name that change depending on region, language and tradition. There is 3 cannabis genus: Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica and Cannabis rudealis.

Cannabis is a dieoceous plants it means male and female are distinct plant. The male produce pollen that fecondate the female pistil. In rare case female plant can be hermaphrodite when under stress or with chemical treatment. Hemp has male and female plant otherwise there would be no seed. If the seed comes from an hermaphrodite plant they will all be female. 

What is called hash is made from the calyx of the female plant. This is not pollen but has the apparence of it. If you look with a magnifying glass it is actually a gland that secrete oil. This oil protect the seed/flower and contains psychoactive alkaloids. If there is no male plant because they were weeded out or the female were propagated via cutting then this technique is called sensimilla "without seed". 

Altitude has little to do with potency. Latitude and breeding do. What you call genetically modified plant is actually selection and hybridation. It's the same process for all the domesticated plant you eat. It is not GMO. You could create GMO cannabis but it's too expensive and difficult unless you work in a legal market. There is no incentive to do so since the cannabis plant has no real issue with pests. 

Hydroponic increase yield, quality and scalability. Most of the tomatoes and lettuce you eat all year round are hydroponic. 

If everyone in your area produce skunk this is because of prohibition. Prohibition promotes cartel and fastest highest yielding plant genetic. Everywhere cannabis is legalized the diversity increase. 

Source: I have a degree in horticulture. 

Cannabis has two main varieties Cannabis Sativa and Cannabis Indica

Along with a third: Cannabis Ruderalis, which when crossed with Sativa /Indica gives us Autoflowers. Autoflowers, many believe, myself included, will lead to what Jeff Lowenfels calls "the tomato-ization of cannabis".

genetically modified plants

Not sure what you mean here? Modern cannabis is being bred for all sorts of properties: THC, CBD, couch-lock, creative, etc. Breeding is not the same, by definition, as GMO.

hydroponic growing techniques have changed the game.

Meh. Soil, soil-less not much game changing. Certainly plant genetics, and other traditional fruit/flower growing techinques applied to cannabis might increase yields. Not really new though.

In the UK horrible skunk has replaced sinsimella and  commercial. Skunk is powerful and awful. Non creative

Almost too much misinformation here to unpack, amazing fro such a brief statement. "Skunk" (the dank?) refers to odor, usually from the flower, either growing or harvested, and perhaps to smoking. Although there are so many, many, many, many, many different terp profiles. Sensimilla, haven't heard that one in what 30 years, simply refers to a female plant which has been denied pollen, and has not been able to create seeds. And, nowadays, seeds can be feminized (colliodal silver). Modern cannabis ranges in strength and effect; it doesn't have to be "powerful", or "awful" or "non-creative". Very generally speaking, a Sativa dominant strain might offer more of a creative high, whila an Indica-dominant strain might offer more of a relaxing (insomnia, pain relief, PTSD, ADHD) high.

Seems like you're a bit behind the times? Like 25 years.

20 hours ago, Time to grow said:

More likely stoned drivers will drive at a more reasonable speed, ie slower

Yes the super slow traffic will be crazy, people being very cautious and thoughtful, looking right and left Before taking a turn, actually stopping at red lights it might just solve Bangkoks biggest issue.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, sirineou said:

Not a good idea IMO.

If it is for medical reasons it should be treated as any other medical remedy. Growing it at home will IMO allow for misuse.

If it was made totally legal (as I think it should though I am not a user) , then home growth should be fine.

My SUV has received more parking lot door dings (plus more) in the last few weeks than it has in the last year or two, since a (legal) cannabis shop opened nearby. People rush to get their "medical fix" and don't give a darn where they plop their car in the process. My quiet neighbourhood has become quite busy in the evenings.

I think i got a lot more experience with it then you do. I am from the Netherlands did my fair share also recent. No people dont get aggressive from weed unlike from alcohol. If they had to ban something and allow something new.. it would be better then fair trade off health and aggression wise. 

Most people drinking really have no clue. 

Experience in what? GMO?
I am also against drink-driving but at least there is a legal limit. As you claim to be the expert, how are they going to measure the limit of cannabis traces in your blood?
Dutch people with or without cannabis, difficult to see the difference..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, neeray said:

My SUV has received more parking lot door dings (plus more) in the last few weeks than it has in the last year or two, since a (legal) cannabis shop opened nearby. People rush to get their "medical fix" and don't give a darn where they plop their car in the process. My quiet neighbourhood has become quite busy in the evenings.

Sorry to hear about that, nothing worst than your litle piece of heaven becoming busy hell, Hopefully as more dispensaries open the traffic would subside.

Though there are legitimate users, I suspect most of the "medical use " is really recreational, I am sure that if I wanted to ,I could find a doctor who would subscribe it for me. I am sure any of you could also.

I have no problem with recreational use by adults, I am sure there are much worst things people can do. But if there is abuse of a controlled environment such as licenced dispensaries,of which I am sure there is, can you imagine the amount of misuse if people were growing it at home?  

3 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

Experience in what? GMO?
I am also against drink-driving but at least there is a legal limit. As you claim to be the expert, how are they going to measure the limit of cannabis traces in your blood?

Ah nice racist slur against the Dutch well done without going to facts. The fact is that you get to jail much easier with cannabis in your system while driving. There are saliva tests for it and too bad for those who like to get stoned it detects it far longer. So a bigger chance to get fined. They don't measure the actual levels..  just if it is still present. So unlike drinking and driving if you have smoked at night you can't drive for at least 12 hours or so.

Its simple cannabis is far less damaging for a person then alcohol and far less likely to incite violence or aggression. Older alcohol users have absolutely no clue about it. I am far from an expert but at least i got some real live experience with the drug and I have read a lot about it. You science non bias stuff not stuff like the US famous promotional film "reefer madness"

1 hour ago, neeray said:

"Door dings". Wow. Did not see that coming.

No clue what this has to do with the topic, but sounds like FLA? Recreational/adult use seems just around the corner so maybe your SUV will survive?

19 hours ago, 55Jay said:

I had to laugh at a memory re: wet buds.^   When I was around 13, home alone for 2 days on my own, first time ever, the adult, long-hair scary guy on my street didn't have any for sale - only a few plants - so he laughed and sold me a couple live buds right off the branch. 

I didn't have a lot of time, money, another source, or any idea what I was doing, and damn sure wasn't about to go back to scary long-hair to ask.  So I put them in the toaster oven on the lowest setting to, ya' know, expedite the drying process.   When I went to remove them a minute or so later, they looked normal, but disintegrated in my fingers on contact.  NOOOOOOOOOO!   So much for that genius plan.  ????  

Been there! Microwave! Hairdryer!

12 hours ago, timendres said:

I will take an IQ test stoned, and put my score up against your's sober any day of the week.

Well, if you can beat 136, then gratulationes!   Bene factum.

Te vincere !!     You’ve got a higher I.Q. than I do. I’m sure your family are proud of you. 

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Really...Since when are the Dutch a race. 

Well they all wear orange they do.

They play football like real men too, almost like American football...or hockey! Not like the Spaniards/Portuguese, who are a race of football poofs.

Note that when you see the phrase "produce and sell", this refers to a provision in the proposed legislation that would allow families to sell some/all of their production to the government, specifically the to be created Drug Plant Insitutue of Thailand (which might process it, study it, re-distribute it).

I still don't think this is going to happen. But I hope I'm wrong, I often am.

On 9/15/2019 at 2:16 AM, luk AJ said:

Experience in what? GMO?

The limits are prescribed in law. The UK limits... https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/drug-driving#table-of-drugs-and-limits

• 4 weeks later...

Archived