Income statement for marriage?

ChomDo

Hi,

I'm in the process of gathering all the documents needed for the marriage process in Bangkok and one of the required documents seems to be an income statement or some kind of proof of employment. I have no such proof and there's no way I'm going to be able to show them any income statements. What does this mean then? Would they not accept the marriage because of this document? Could someone confirm what this income statement is about and if it really is strictly required? I do have the 400,000b ready on my Thai account for the Non O visa but I guess that won't help in this case?

Thanks! 

Hi,

I'm in the process of gathering all the documents needed for the marriage process in Bangkok and one of the required documents seems to be an income statement or some kind of proof of employment. I have no such proof and there's no way I'm going to be able to show them any income statements. What does this mean then? Would they not accept the marriage because of this document? Could someone confirm what this income statement is about and if it really is strictly required? I do have the 400,000b ready on my Thai account for the Non O visa but I guess that won't help in this case?

Thanks! 
I think different Amphurs have different requirements. Try another one.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I converted my retirement extension to a marriage extension 3 weeks ago in Khampaeng Phet using income only.

I made 4 trips to the BKK Bank manager to get a letter and every one was rejected by the IO. On my 5th try I went to another branch to get the letter and talked to the bank staff to get it correct. In the end I rang my wife who was still at the Immi office and gave my mobile to the lady at the bank.

My wife talked for a couple of minutes, then handed her mobile to the IO and between the IO and the bank staff they established what was required. I came back with the letter and it went OK from there on.

I downloaded this from Ubonjoe a few days ago, and it shows what Chon Buri Immi want.

What Immi are seeking is proof of at least 40,000 thb coming into an account in your sole name every month.

IMHO without proof of income the IO will not grant a marriage extension.

The alternative for you is the 400,000 in the bank properly seasoned and then there is no requirement for a bank letter.

Having said that I could be wrong and someone with more knowledge will correct me.

Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits.pdf

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I converted my retirement extension to a marriage extension 3 weeks ago in Khampaeng Phet using income only.

I made 4 trips to the BKK Bank manager to get a letter and every one was rejected by the IO. On my 5th try I went to another branch to get the letter and talked to the bank staff to get it correct. In the end I rang my wife who was still at the Immi office and gave my mobile to the lady at the bank.

My wife talked for a couple of minutes, then handed her mobile to the IO and between the IO and the bank staff they established what was required. I came back with the letter and it went OK from there on.

I downloaded this from Ubonjoe a few days ago, and it shows what Chon Buri Immi want.

What Immi are seeking is proof of at least 40,000 thb coming into an account in your sole name every month.

IMHO without proof of income the IO will not grant a marriage extension.

The alternative for you is the 400,000 in the bank properly seasoned and then there is no requirement for a bank letter.

Having said that I could be wrong and someone with more knowledge will correct me.

Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits.pdf 67.59 kB · 2 downloads

I had the letter rejected the first time because it was in English! I went back to BKK BK and asked for it in Thai

To me, the OP reads as though it's about actually getting married rather than the marriage visa extension at the immigration Office.

Which is it?

I've never heard of an income statement to allow a couple to get married but I haven't done that for quite a few years now.

21 hours ago, MartinL said:

To me, the OP reads as though it's about actually getting married rather than the marriage visa extension at the immigration Office.

Which is it?

I've never heard of an income statement to allow a couple to get married but I haven't done that for quite a few years now.

Thanks, my question is exactly that. It's not related to the Non O visa, I know that the requirement for that and that's why I have the 400k waiting on my Thai account. What I'm asking about is proof of income only for the marriage certificate. It says everywhere that it is one of the required documents. I do not and will not have one, so could someone confirm what I can do or is it even really required? Even my embassy said that this income statement document is needed, but I really wonder how many foreigners living in Thailand really have some official foreign income to show. Seems very odd. 

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, my question is exactly that. It's not related to the Non O visa, I know that the requirement for that and that's why I have the 400k waiting on my Thai account. What I'm asking about is proof of income only for the marriage certificate. It says everywhere that it is one of the required documents. I do not and will not have one, so could someone confirm what I can do or is it even really required? Even my embassy said that this income statement document is needed, but I really wonder how many foreigners living in Thailand really have some official foreign income to show. Seems very odd. 
My now wife rang an Amphur and they requested proof of income. Went to another and they didn't. I'd go Amphur shopping. I have been told by an immigration agent to go as far out of town as possible or get a visa agent who will facilitate the marriage for a fee.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 3:01 PM, ChomDo said:

Unless things have changed, that seems to be related to a specific amphur. 

As said try another one.

Even better, get her to sort it out. I was refused in Bkk and my wife sorted it in Pattaya.

Archived