BANGKOK
SailingHome

Visa after divorce

What is a 'private scientist'?

I hope you have been paying all your taxes here, and have a work permit and have been meeting all the criteria for such... otherwise you wife might use that against you and you might also get into a lot of trouble, not just loosing your visa based of marriage.  

And, if you have not got enough money for your medication in any other country, how have you got enough money for you planned retirement visa?

Edited by jak2002003

20 hours ago, justin case said:

I would love to see this law in our home countries, when the wife would be denied a further stay in your home country ... but that would be called ...

Actually if I had divorced my Thai wife in my home country before 4 years she would have to go back. So there was such a law in place in the Netherlands. 

I remember as i made sure she had 4 years so she could stay. I did not care about her but it meant her daughters could stay too.. I cared about them. 

Edited by robblok

21 hours ago, justin case said:

I would love to see this law in our home countries, when the wife would be denied a further stay in your home country ... but that would be called ...

This exists in Germany and probably in most other European countries as well

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Actually if I had divorced my Thai wife in my home country before 4 years she would have to go back. So there was such a law in place in the Netherlands. 

I remember as i made sure she had 4 years so she could stay. I did not care about her but it meant her daughters could stay too.. I cared about them. 

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This exists in Germany and probably in most other European countries as well

You can add the UK to that list, at least while on FLTR.