motorcycle and alcohol.

harry1465

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Why should he have the sentence minimised, he was lucky he did not kill anyone, or injure himself.

He obviously requires assistance to modify his drinking habits before he kills another person.

OP was asking for assistance.   Not moral judgements.

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Moral judgements might make the fool wake up to himself.

Maybe so, but  maybe more likely he's well aware of what the collective opinions will be.  He didn't stick his head out just so everyone could take a (vicarious) kick.  He has a problem and understandably is seeking answers.

Just now, Mick501 said:

Maybe so, but  maybe more likely he's well aware of what the collective opinions will be.  He didn't stick his head out just so everyone could take a (vicarious) kick.  He has a problem and understandably is seeking answers.

The obvious answer is don't drink drive cause once you cross that line you deserve everything coming.

12 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

But people driving bikes drunk mostly risk to kill themselves ? so why not let them do until it happens ?!

it's quite different with driving cars drunk.

Mostly kill themselves?? Evidence??

M/C riders do run into cars, cars run off roads avoiding them, sometimes causing injury and death to riders and car occupants.  Riders also run into pedestrians, causing injury/death/pillion passengers.

Please explain the difference.

18 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Including temporary licenses. Some people live here and have 5 year licenses....

Thailand's legal blood-alcohol limit for drivers is 0.5 grams per liter of blood, and 0.2 grams for drivers who have possessed their license for less than five years. The fines for drunk driving in Thailand are usually heavy and can increase during holiday seasons

http://thailawforum.com/tourst-guide-laws-Thailand-2.html

You may be correct on the 'letter' of the law, however as we all know that is not what happens in Thailand. You can kill someone in Thailand and get off with a fine, or if you are connected no fine. It all depends where and when these things happen, how crooked the cops are, how accurate the breathalyzer is, was it calibrated, did he have blood test etc, is the judge in a bad mood etc I'm not trying to mitigate what happened, the guy is an idiot but as most people know who have been in Thailand for a while, its not black and white!

On 9/14/2019 at 8:15 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Please report on Monday or Tuesday the experience of your friend.

I think "the friend" and his "fiend will go mute at the same time. Which will only lead to one conclusion. Good verdict and there was no friend. :cheesy:

53 minutes ago, harry1465 said:

update, my friend went to court today and the court kept his passport and must go to immigration for further review. more later. and i’m not the one with this problem!!!!

Thanks for the update.

I think we are so used to the "my friend" problems in this forum that it's easy to misinterpret some post.

I think many of us have friends who are in trouble from time to time and I am sure these friends are happy when we support them.

And that is obviously also true if we are in trouble and our friends support us.

My friend went to immigration today and received his pass book back with a 5000. this was his third offense but there was no paper trail on him for the first two. today he was registered with his first offense on record.  it seems that the government is keeping records form here on out. 

8 hours ago, harry1465 said:

My friend went to immigration today and received his pass book back with a 5000. this was his third offense but there was no paper trail on him for the first two. today he was registered with his first offense on record.  it seems that the government is keeping records form here on out. 

Did he mention that now maybe he won't drink and drive anymore?

9 hours ago, harry1465 said:

Did he loose his licence??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived