BANGKOK
FarangFB

Recommended mechanic in Pattaya? Dealership disappointment

I don't trust the dealership, took my car there for a checkup and change every fluid/filter etc. Even before leaving I noticed that some of the stuff I was billed for wasn't done, I kindly reminded them and the guy was like "oh sorry forget" and took the car back in. On the first rain I also noticed that the windshield wipers that I paid for did not get replaced. 

If they managed to screw it up with such basic items I can't rely on them on more serious stuff, so I would like to have a reliable independent mechanic that won't rip me off, I wouldn't mind paying some pricey labor cost as long as the service gets properly done.

Any recommendations in Pattaya? If the guy speaks a little bit of English it would be very appreciated.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BestB said:

D0A1BC8B-AFA6-4B80-92BD-897791C74BE4.jpeg

Thanks I saw that one in a search but it's from 2011.

1 minute ago, FarangFB said:

He is still in business , used him about 8 months ago 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

Ah very nice then, is he as good as the report says?

7 hours ago, FarangFB said:

Much better when undressed 😂😉

On 9/13/2019 at 4:59 PM, JohnC said:

I have used Autoboy on Sukhumvit for years now after getting ripped off by dealer. They are about 3kil after the Hua Yai junction on the north bound carriage so you have to go past and do a u turn, they are just before a shell garage

https://pp-autoboy-na-jomtien-pattaya.business.site/

Nissan Sylphy (my car) Nissan charge me 1250 baht for oil change....Autoboy quoted me 1750 yesterday......and 1100 for cabin filter (genuine they said) Nissan dealership price is 670 baht.....no thanks I,ll give them a miss :whistling:

• Like 1

Mitsubishi charged me B8000 for service , Autoboy averages B2000, been using them for ten years and happy with their service , you speak as you find and in this case can be very subjective. 

I called Mr. Sakda, he was in the area and came here pretty quickly. He diagnosed my car in a few minutes but said I need to wait 2 weeks because his shop is very busy now, he said my car is ok to drive around so I'll just wait for now.

Seemed like a very honest guy, I insisted to pay for his visit but he refused any payment. 

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2019 at 12:02 AM, FarangFB said:

My wife just called him and he said he'll come tomorrow morning.
She had been calling another guy for 4 days who kept saying he'd send someone but no one ever came and nor did he ever call back.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:57 PM, FarangFB said:

Search a bit more...

Once someone almost died because brakes where not correctly fixed.

There are more threads on this forum that recommend AGAINST Mr Sakada, but hey what do they know, they are not failed guesthouse owners who know everything about everything

Edited by ThePioneer

On 9/15/2019 at 12:30 PM, JohnC said:

Mitsubishi charged me B8000 for service , Autoboy averages B2000, been using them for ten years and happy with their service , you speak as you find and in this case can be very subjective. 

You`re happy and that`s all that matters....I sent them a message requesting prices for my 40,000 kms service and what needed replacing and they came back with those quotes....I,ll be taking it to the MMS (Bosch) service centre instead..prices much more realistic :thumbsup:

On 9/13/2019 at 11:58 PM, BestB said:

I called him yesterday and he arrived this morning an hour early which was fine by me.
I've been tinkering with cars all my adult life and knew the problem I was having was fuel related but don't have the tools or the space to to fix it myself and would also run the risk of being flagged as working without a permit.
Anyway, he immediately came to the same conclusion that it fuel related and suspected a fuel pump issue. 
Upon checking, it was indeed the fuel pump and is replacing it as soon an up market one arrives from Bangkok tomorrow.
He quoted around 7000 baht for the pump plus labor which I consider to be quite reasonable but will request siting the invoice for the pump..
I'll post the final results when he's finished.
At the end of the day though, as we are all aware, we are at the mercy of the locals who tend to charge farangs more so we shall see.....

• Haha 1