Updating Honda Accord Nav system

merijn

I have a 2015 Honda Accord Navigator and would like to update the navigation system.

Unfortunately the Honda dealer is not really wiling to help me as it is to difficult for them (their own words )

Does anybody knows how to update the navigation system and if the maps are somewhere available ?

I'm willing to pay for the update as long it is a reasonable price off-course.

Hope you get a good answer.  I gave up on the idea of updating the one in the Toyota Fortuner because I heard Toyo charging 20,000 Baht - something like that.   Now, on rare occassion we need GPS and maps navigation, we just use the phone or tablet. 

Good luck. 

Go online to find your system, then download updates (after paying whatever fee) to a USB stick, then update the onboard system. At least that's how I do mine with the Triton, but I never bothered, they want like US$50 for an update.

41 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Go online to find your system, then download updates (after paying whatever fee) to a USB stick, then update the onboard system. At least that's how I do mine with the Triton, but I never bothered, they want like US$50 for an update.

Like you I wouldn't bother my last Tuna was nearly 10 years old when I sold it and the roads hadn't altered much anyway. My latest Tuna S/N is at least 3 years old and nothing has changed road wise.

The OP S/N is only 4 years old he would be paying out monies for nothing.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Like you I wouldn't bother my last Tuna was nearly 10 years old when I sold it and the roads hadn't altered much anyway. My latest Tuna S/N is at least 3 years old and nothing has changed road wise.

The OP S/N is only 4 years old he would be paying out monies for nothing.

I agree that it is not the end of the world to leave it like it is as i always can use google maps on my phone if required.

But i would like to keep the sat nav up to date as there are many changes where i live.

As long it is not to expensive i'm willing to update it otherwise i just leave it like it is ???? 

Same story with Toyota. My garage insists I need a whole new system, despite me showing them the screen asking for an update disc.

Having said that, Garmin have a place in Bangkok and they updated a portable sat nav for me a few years ago. I think I paid them 1400 baht for lifetime updates, but possibly only on that one unit. Worth giving them a call, assuming it's a Garmin system of course.

https://www.garminbygis.com/

50 minutes ago, a10ams said:

Same story with Toyota. My garage insists I need a whole new system, despite me showing them the screen asking for an update disc.

That's a good one ???? replacing the whole unit just to update the map.

Didn't hear that one before and even my garage didn't go that far.

Yes, must remove the entire unit and dashboard every 5 years and put new food and water in for the gnomes, who are in there spinning the map scrolls as you drive along. 

What?  You thought all that, and the different voices, happened by magic? ????

I do miss the Isuzu Kenwood-Garmin unit. Easy to use and B500 to update. They pulled the data card, sent it to BKK got it back in a few days. Didn’t even write over my saved locations.

I hate the system in the Fortuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If it's anything similar to my mom's Honda Jazz then Honda provides a windows application which you use to put update files on a USB stick. But first you plug the stick into the car and go to the settings somewhere to try the update. That will write some information onto the stick which the windows app uses to pick the right map updates. Once the stick has the update files, go back to the car, plug it in and go to the update screen to apply the update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 1:06 PM, eisfeld said:

If it's anything similar to my mom's Honda Jazz then Honda provides a windows application which you use to put update files on a USB stick. But first you plug the stick into the car and go to the settings somewhere to try the update. That will write some information onto the stick which the windows app uses to pick the right map updates. Once the stick has the update files, go back to the car, plug it in and go to the update screen to apply the update.

Thanks for the information, Did you get the maps from the Honda dealer ?

14 minutes ago, merijn said:

Thanks for the information, Did you get the maps from the Honda dealer ?

The Windows app downloads the correct maps automatically once it has the info from the car. Takes a good while because its several gigabytes. Here is the link which provides the app and very simple instructions on how to do it:

https://honda.garmin.com/honda/site

Archived