Silly cheap flights to oz

madmen

16 minutes ago, Olmate said:

On their website? Any details as to how to find that price, I normally use Expedia to source Air Asia..thanks

Always the website direct because its easier to make changes to flights . Problem with the 3rd party bookings is its much harder to contact them to make any changes and the all seem to be based in Romania or some other east European country

just checked againg 3500B still available to perth end of this month

9 minutes ago, madmen said:

Always the website direct because its easier to make changes to flights . Problem with the 3rd party bookings is its much harder to contact them to make any changes and the all seem to be based in Romania or some other east European country

just checked againg 3500B still available to perth end of this month

Thanks, looking now

And also, I found some prices are BS … for instance, google comes up when you click on Airasia search, then you enter BKK-BNE the cheap flight comes up, then after selecting etc … I have to purchase the tickets separately ?  then you click the purchase for the bkk-bne and nothing shows ...just a google URL at the top … tried it with different browsers,  they just BS prices to get you in. imo

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

And also, I found some prices are BS … for instance, google comes up when you click on Airasia search, then you enter BKK-BNE the cheap flight comes up, then after selecting etc … I have to purchase the tickets separately ?  then you click the purchase for the bkk-bne and nothing shows ...just a google URL at the top … tried it with different browsers,  they just BS prices to get you in. imo

This is what I get when trying to check out LOL

image.png.cf078b922ceb7b6003690af432c519a9.png

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Your doing something wrong. You dont need to buy them seperatly you just need to slect the return leg and then pay the final price. what dates and destination to you choose?

I only book one way if Im not sure of return date. Changing dates with air asia and most cheap airlines can cost more than buying a new ticket 

17 hours ago, madmen said:

Your doing something wrong. You dont need to buy them seperatly you just need to slect the return leg and then pay the final price. what dates and destination to you choose?

I only book one way if Im not sure of return date. Changing dates with air asia and most cheap airlines can cost more than buying a new ticket 

not sure if I'm doing it incorrect,  but I already bought the return BKK-BNE-BKK for 11,800 which is a pretty good price.

After entering all the info and the the google shows you payment option which has the first option as the cheaper price however it clearly indicates you have to purchase the two tickets separately, then the second option is a slightly dearer price but that option also has a box on the right hand side which says ' go to site '

but even clicking on that box just ends up going to a clear page that says … google.ad.conversion/bla bla.

anyway, 11,800 baht and 2 burgers …. 

Air Asia pricing is less competitive than it used to be. It's also irritating because the base price is not within cooee of the end price once luggage, seat selection, food ( bloody awful ), airport charges and credit card charges are added in.

Example. Nok Air, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, booking 6 months ahead. 2400 baht with 20 kg luggage. Air Asia 3200 baht.

Jetstar is much better value on the international flights now.

Edit: Sorry, 2400 baht is for return flight, not one way.

55 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Air Asia pricing is less competitive than it used to be. It's also irritating because the base price is not within cooee of the end price once luggage, seat selection, food ( bloody awful ), airport charges and credit card charges are added in.

Example. Nok Air, Bangkok to Chiang Mai, booking 6 months ahead. 2400 baht with 20 kg luggage. Air Asia 3200 baht.

taxes are included on my flight to Perth. I only take carry on luggage and a meal won't break the bank

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Air Asia to Perth for less than 4K and your reckon Jetstar is better?

Horses for courses. Jetstar is definitely better for pricing and convenience Bangkok to Melbourne.

I used to fly Air Asia direct from Chiang Mai to KL, with a 2-3 hour layover, then get flat bed business class to Melbourne. Then Air Asia increased prices, the layover became 10-12 hours, and the flights landed at Avalon instead of Tullamarine. No thanks.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

airasia flies to Perth Just after midnight. Not many eating then

Archived