Cable thieves arrested in Ayuthaya as TOT admit 10 million baht's worth stolen in 2019

rooster59

Cable thieves arrested in Ayuthaya as TOT admit 10 million baht's worth stolen in 2019

cable.JPG

Image: Daily News

A police patrol in Ayuthaya was  summoned after reports of two men cutting cables by a field in the area of the Bang Sai Arts and Crafts center. 

Sanya, 34, and Wichit, 45, were caught with many one meter lengths of cable and cutting equipment. 

Sanya admitted to five thefts in the area along with two others who remain at large. It was Wichit's first time on the job, he said.

The cable would be melted for its copper which was then sold for 120 baht a kilo. 

His nighttime stealing sprees would net between 2,000 and 3,000 baht a time. 

They were charged with theft of public utilities during the hours of darkness. 

Local TOT representative Yongyuth Jantharangsee said there were 20 cases of cable theft in the area each month. Losses this year had been 10 million baht. 

The thieves were causing big trouble to homes and businesses affected by losing connections as a result of missing cable. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-14

I thought we were in Thailand?

Have British pikeys emigrated here?

Jeez, is there nowhere safe from the Brit-Chav-Pikey thieving scumbags?

Be manhole covers next.

Then the cats out of high end car exhaust systems.

The final straw will be waking up to see your car bricked up each corner with no wheels.........

5 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

I thought we were in Thailand?

Have British pikeys emigrated here?

Jeez, is there nowhere safe from the Brit-Chav-Pikey thieving scumbags?

Be manhole covers next.

Then the cats out of high end car exhaust systems.

The final straw will be waking up to see your car bricked up each corner with no wheels.........

I think you mean what are referred to these days as "travelers". 

Anyway, thanks for reminding me that Liverpool are playing at 6.30.

Rooster

Over here they doing the same thing.

Last week the trains on a track couldn't go because wires were stolen. Now they try to replace the wires with aluminium ones because that is cheaper then copper and less valuable for them for selling.

Abandoned buildings and houses need to be locked down completly so they will not remove all the metal.

They even steal copper crosses, ornaments and rainpipes from churches and graves ( no pipes of cours ???? ).

And also not the first time you can read in the newspapers a brand new empty building under construction had the brand new heating instalation and/or electricity stolen during a weekend.

Archived