BANGKOK
colinneil

Problems with wheelchairs

Why not try to import a high quality chair instead of buying locally? It might be worth on the long run, and you will be comfortable.

• Like 1

I think @Puchaiyank is on the right track, get a local outfit to make a strengthened part.

Could even do it in stainless for the go-faster look (or use re-bar to make it match the local sidecars, food carts etc.).

@colinneil you got a photo of the failed part?

• Like 2

Many on lazada but quality unknown toying with taking one back for my old fella🤔

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I think @Puchaiyank is on the right track, get a local outfit to make a strengthened part.

Could even do it in stainless for the go-faster look (or use re-bar to make it match the local sidecars, food carts etc.).

@colinneil you got a photo of the failed part?

No photo at the moment, not having a good day today, still on my bed, but will sort 1 later.

Now the problem with the cross member, they are made from some kind of alloy.

When the last 1 broke, my wife took the chair to a local company, they reckoned they could braze it.

Well when the chair came back, it only lasted 3 days before breaking again.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

... it only lasted 3 days before breaking again.

I reckon you're going to have to get a part made.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lefty said:

What are you paying for yr wheelchairs? Have you looked at more expensive ones??

Check out these wheel chairs. I have a foldup electric chair.could not be without it.

https://www.cruisemate-thailand.com/

First off i will not have an electric chair, because having 1 would just make me lazy, no exercise what so ever.

Have i looked at the more expensive ones.... The 2 that the cross members broke were expensive ones.

The present 1 that has just broke was a cheaper price.

If you read Old Crocs post he is paying 6.500 baht for his chairs, my 2 broken cross member 1s were 4.000 baht more expensive than his.

• Like 1

Here in Surin there are several shops near the government hospital that sell wheelchairs and I'm sure there are some shops near your hospital. It might be better to go to a shop for a first-hand check of the build quality, measurements, comfort and take a test-drive. When you find a couple that fit your needs, you can check prices online. I think that would be better than just buying one online from pictures and descriptions.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

Here in Surin there are several shops near the government hospital that sell wheelchairs and I'm sure there are some shops near your hospital. It might be better to go to a shop for a first-hand check of the build quality, measurements, comfort and take a test-drive. When you find a couple that fit your needs, you can check prices online. I think that would be better than just buying one online from pictures and descriptions.  

Whilst your idea is a damn good 1, being paralyzed makes checking comfort etc is not possible.

My first wheelchair was bough opposite Khonkaen hospital, then after bought the same model from Lazada.

• Like 1