Britain may need a second Brexit referendum, says former PM Cameron

rooster59

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

As a former paid up member of the Labour party, due to Corbyn going against the mood of his own MPs and the majority of his voters (65% of Labour voters, voted remain), if there were a GE tomorrow, I would vote Lib Dem, they're really growing on me. Several Tory MPs have defected to them (another yesterday) and I've no doubt a lot of moderate Tory voters will consider doing the same. The SNP are due to sweep the board in Scotland and would, no doubt, vote with the Lib Dems. Also a growing number of Labour MPs are supporting their idea of an outright revokation of Article 50.

Don't write them off, the momentum is with them and it's growing.

Which means that it's growing like a sore. Full of sore losers.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/16/2019 at 4:44 AM, DannyCarlton said:

As a former paid up member of the Labour party, due to Corbyn going against the mood of his own MPs and the majority of his voters (65% of Labour voters, voted remain), if there were a GE tomorrow, I would vote Lib Dem, they're really growing on me. Several Tory MPs have defected to them (another yesterday) and I've no doubt a lot of moderate Tory voters will consider doing the same. The SNP are due to sweep the board in Scotland and would, no doubt, vote with the Lib Dems. Also a growing number of Labour MPs are supporting their idea of an outright revokation of Article 50.

Don't write them off, the momentum is with them and it's growing.

I have never forgiven them for jumping into bed with the Tories - vile and hypocritical.  

Computer

On 9/14/2019 at 6:56 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Because he's a lifelong Brexiteer and is frightened of winning.

It's a massive problem for  the Labour party, 65% of Labour voters voted remain, a large majority of Labour MPs are remainers and even Momentum are now getting on his case for not coming out firmly in the remain camp. Should be an interesting Labour party conference. Corbyn has very little true support in the Labour party now, only the old far left MPs who have always supported Brexit, Dennis Skinner, ginger Kinnock, son of ginger Kinnock et al.

I am convinced that if Labour had had a strong remainr leader for the last 5 years, remain would have won the referendum and Labour would be in government now.

It's never too late, time for a change.

You,'ll be laughing on the other side. Of your boat if momentum,sorry Labour get in.

On 9/14/2019 at 11:31 AM, Nigel Garvie said:

This is a good answer to the question. 

The Labour Party did need to swing to the left a bit after Milliband's weak performance. However they didn't need to go OTT and get a rather unintelligent,  Europhobic ideologue. The young were attracted by his rehashed Benn speeches, and that is really the one thing he has achieved, increasing the membership. Farage must have though all his prayers had been answered when Labour chose him. I hope you are correct in saying  "Corbyn has very little true support in the Labour party now," of course there are McLusky, Milne, Murphy, and Laverty  to comfort him.

They say that Ladbrookes and William Hill have put a man on McLusky to find out which horse he is betting on, so they can safety give it very long odds. His reputation for choosing losers is impressive!  If Cameron had not been so obsessed with fighting off UKIP he would have realised the very real danger that Corbyn posed when he went for a referendum.

Don,t think remainer s realise what they,'re going to get with all their carrying on,what do you want?a Labour victory (highly unlikely) or a coalition another 5 years of recession?well make your minds up boys,it's not to late to leave,you know it makes sense.

16 minutes ago, CaptainNemo said:

He's selling a book... I mean come on... this TB 2.0 ...

I remember the old days when Nixon was selling his memoires. The expression "don't buy books from crooks" was very popular then.

Now what rhymes with "hiso Eton simpletons"?

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

I remember the old days when Nixon was selling his memoires. The expression "don't buy books from crooks" was very popular then.

Now what rhymes with "hiso Eton simpletons"?

Spoiled my meal the other night, I did not have the "Eaton Mess"... 

4 hours ago, kingdong said:

If Cyril Smith had still been leader they,d have romped it without the tories.

We've all got our failings, but Cyril Smith had it in for a few small boys.  Cameron, Johnson and Rees-Mogg have had it in for all of us, and our children, including mine.

8 hours ago, bizboi said:

Best of 5 Dave? the people have spoken 17.4 million of them - only left wing hypocrites deny that FACT!!

brexit lawyer on Channel 4 news just said the 2017 election was a long time ago so parliaments mandate is no longer valid and doesn't see any irony in this!

1 hour ago, tebee said:

brexit lawyer on Channel 4 news just said the 2017 election was a long time ago so parliaments mandate is no longer valid and doesn't see any irony in this!

That's beyond belief, did they find the lawyer in a fairground? Parliaments mandate obviously lasts until the next GE.

13 hours ago, tebee said:

Gawd, you are still clutching at straws......Or are you bored...?

Archived