Britain may need a second Brexit referendum, says former PM Cameron

rooster59

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You Brexiteers really should get your acts together when it comes to your insults!

Half of you call Remainers fascists, the other half call us ultra lefties!

We had an advisory referendum which we trusted Parliament to act upon. Due to the shenanigans of Rees-Mogg, Johnson and their Tory backers, Parliament hasn't done so.

So take the decision away from MPs who put their personal ambitions ahead of the country and give it back to the people in a final, legally binding referendum. Why are you so afraid of that?

It is ridiculous to blame Rees-Mogg, Johnson and your imaginary "Tory backers". We have not left because of May, Robbins and a majority remain parliament, all backed by a pro remain corporate establishment.  

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it's just that you have changed a bit.....You do not speak for me or anyone else, plus you were out voted....Understand, out voted..
No referendum vote held on no-deal and it does not have a majority in Parliament. So then, understand? ( probably not) no majority in Parliament. [emoji1782]

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, evadgib said:
10 hours ago, transam said:

Again you talk total cr_p, We had a vote, it's done, we want it implemented, but no, YOU want another vote just in case it will go your way...A despicable attitude........

How many 'Bring it on's' does ol' 49 need before realizing theyll be thrashed by an even bigger margin?

Edited 9 hours ago by evadgib

If by 'Bring it on's' you mean my echoing and supporting the increasing calls here in the UK for a final, legally binding referendum then I need as many as required to get that referendum and take the decision out of the hands of MPs who put personal ambition before country and give it to us, the people.

If Remain loses again, even if no deal Brexit wins, by whatever margin, so be it. But it is very obvious that it is the hard Brexiteers who are afraid of having that referendum!

The reason for that is obvious, no matter how much you try and deny it.

So I say; yes; bring that referendum on!

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

It is ridiculous to blame Rees-Mogg, Johnson and your imaginary "Tory backers". We have not left because of May, Robbins and a majority remain parliament, all backed by a pro remain corporate establishment.  

Ridiculous. We would have left last March were it not for those Tory MPs like Rees-Mogg, his ERG, Johnson and others who put personal ambition before country.

Of course, you'll probably say yet again that May's deal was BRINO; odd, though, that you and those who say likewise can never say why you think that; can never say what points of May's deal you are against!!

Except for the 'divorce' bill. But the only way to avoid that is the disaster of a no deal Brexit and the total annihilation of our reputation worldwide.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:48 PM, Chang_paarp said:

If they do it again, maybe, the public will take it seriously enough to give a definitive result one way or the other. 

So what laws or rules apply?  What mandated one Brexit vote?  What could mandate a second Brexit vote?  Is this all such new ground such that the laws and rules and policies and court rulings just are not clear?

6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

If by 'Bring it on's' you mean my echoing and supporting the increasing calls here in the UK for a final, legally binding referendum then I need as many as required to get that referendum and take the decision out of the hands of MPs who put personal ambition before country and give it to us, the people.

If Remain loses again, even if no deal Brexit wins, by whatever margin, so be it. But it is very obvious that it is the hard Brexiteers who are afraid of having that referendum!

The reason for that is obvious, no matter how much you try and deny it.

With your attitude to other more important stuff, that doesn't surprise me one bit......????

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Ridiculous. We would have left last March were it not for those Tory MPs like Rees-Mogg, his ERG, Johnson and others who put personal ambition before country.

Of course, you'll probably say yet again that May's deal was BRINO; odd, though, that you and those who say likewise can never say why you think that; can never say what points of May's deal you are against!!

Except for the 'divorce' bill. But the only way to avoid that is the disaster of a no deal Brexit and the total annihilation of our reputation worldwide.

A form of Brino that took someone more than 2 years to fudge, yes. It was rejected by several groups for several reasons and I'm glad it was. I have answered your questions on this before and will not do so again.

As far as our reputation goes then I think that a withdrawal from the EU will do far more good than harm!  

A form of Brino that took someone more than 2 years to fudge, yes. It was rejected by several groups for several reasons and I'm glad it was. I have answered your questions on this before and will not do so again.

As far as our reputation goes then I think that a withdrawal from the EU will do far more good than harm!  
Hard Brexiteer fudge.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, nauseus said:

A form of Brino that took someone more than 2 years to fudge, yes. It was rejected by several groups for several reasons and I'm glad it was.

Labour voted against May's deal because it would mean leaving the customs union and the FoM directive; which they did not want.

The DUP voted against it because of the backstop.

But even so, it would have passed had Rees-Mogg with his ERG and Johnson voted for it.

I have answered your questions on this before and will not do so again.

The reply I expected. With the usual excuse for avoiding the issue.

Maybe one day a Brexiteer will stop sloganising and actually say what it is about May's deal they didn't like; but I know it won't be you.

You may think reneging on one's financial responsibilities enhances one's reputation; but I doubt many others do!

59 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Labour voted against May's deal because it would mean leaving the customs union and the FoM directive; which they did not want.

The DUP voted against it because of the backstop.

But even so, it would have passed had Rees-Mogg with his ERG and Johnson voted for it.

The reply I expected. With the usual excuse for avoiding the issue.

Maybe one day a Brexiteer will stop sloganising and actually say what it is about May's deal they didn't like; but I know it won't be you.

You may think reneging on one's financial responsibilities enhances one's reputation; but I doubt many others do!

All tosh but what else to expect? 

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

All tosh but what else to expect? 

Who was it who said "You post a lot but you never really justify any of your one-liner snideness?"

Oh, yes:

14 hours ago, nauseus said:

You post a lot but you never really justify any of your one-liner snideness.

Looking in a mirror, were you?

6 hours ago, transam said:
14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

What more important stuff, and what attitude?

Sorry, off topic me posting about Muslim terrorists here....

Simply more of your pathetic trolling, then.

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Call it what you like, but is the truth chap....Sadly...

Islamic terrorism more important than Brexit?

All terrorism is more important than Brexit.

But can you adequately explain what your response to my support for a final, legally binding referendum on Brexit

On 10/2/2019 at 1:10 AM, transam said:

With your attitude to other more important stuff, that doesn't surprise me one bit...…????

meant if it wasn't trolling?

What is my attitude?

The truth? The truth is that I have never expressed support for any terrorist. On the contrary, I have condemned terrorism at every opportunity; especially when people like you falsely accuse me of supporting them!

34 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

But can you adequately explain what your response to my support for a final, legally binding referendum on Brexit

meant if it wasn't trolling?

What is my attitude?

The truth? The truth is that I have never expressed support for any terrorist. On the contrary, I have condemned terrorism at every opportunity; especially when people like you falsely accuse me of supporting them!

You see, what you always do, twist stuff. I NEVER said you supported terrorism, you have said in the past that Islamic terrorists are not Muslims..Which as we all know is nonsense...

Islamic terrorism to me is way more important than Brexit, but I to not make excuses for Muslim stuff.....You do..

7 hours ago, transam said:

You see, what you always do, twist stuff. I NEVER said you supported terrorism,

I never said that you did; but I did ask you what you meant by 

On 10/2/2019 at 1:10 AM, transam said:

With your attitude to other more important stuff, that doesn't surprise me one bit...…????

in response to my saying

On 10/1/2019 at 7:05 PM, 7by7 said:

That was when you started to witter on about Muslims! 

15 hours ago, transam said:
23 hours ago, 7by7 said:

What more important stuff, and what attitude?

Sorry, off topic me posting about Muslim terrorists here....

So if you were not saying that you thought I supported Islamic terrorism, what were you saying?

What attitude are you accusing me of having?

you have said in the past that Islamic terrorists are not Muslims..Which as we all know is nonsense...

I have said that Islamic terrorists are not true Muslims and do not represent the majority of Muslims; in the same way that Christian terrorists such as the Lord's Resistance Army, are not true Christians and do not represent the majority of Christians. 

Islamic terrorism to me is way more important than Brexit,

Yes, I know; I said so

8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

but I to not make excuses for Muslim stuff.....You do..

What do you mean by 'Muslim stuff?'

What 'Muslim stuff' have I made excuses for?

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I have said that Islamic terrorists are not true Muslims and do not represent the majority of Muslims; in the same way that Christian terrorists such as the Lord's Resistance Army, are not true Christians and do not represent the majority of Christians. 

What authority do you have to make declarations about whom is a true Muslims and who isnt ?

Who gave you those powers ?

24 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I never said that you did; but I did ask you what you meant by 

in response to my saying

That was when you started to witter on about Muslims! 

So if you were not saying that you thought I supported Islamic terrorism, what were you saying?

What attitude are you accusing me of having?

Yes, I know; I said so

What do you mean by 'Muslim stuff?'

What 'Muslim stuff' have I made excuses for?

I bet 49 was the first volunteer to dissect the poor froggie in biology, too.

22 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What authority do you have to make declarations about whom is a true Muslims and who isnt ?

Bizarre - the clear implication from the previous racist spouting ‘Muslim stuff’ was they are all, or have terrorise inclinations.

So divide total Muslims by total terrorists and you should have your answer about who is likely to be a true Muslim or perhaps more accurately hold true Muslim beliefs, it should also easily dispel the fact all Muslims are terrorists, unless of course you’re a racist. 

Even on the most simplest of points you frequently seem to have a problem joining the dots, even when there’s only two of them ! 

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Ok; "In my opinion...….."

An opinion supported by the multitudinous condemnations of the terrorists as unIslamic from Muslims worldwide. Such as Not In My Name.

You either agree with these opinions or you don't. If you don't, then you are saying that Islamic terrorists are true Muslims? 

What authority do you have to make that declaration? Who gave you that power?

Archived