Flooding in Ubon Ratchathani the worst in 17 years

rooster59

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

While flooding is a terrible thing for those directly affected, it is a natural event, which happens often. And in this case, with much of the nation under drought conditions, it is a good thing. Some localized flooding. And some damage. But not a national tragedy on any level. Rain is a good thing. We needed alot of rain, and we got it. 

Only a tragedy for the people who have to experience it and who have lost property and other belongings.

I seem to remember reading reports on this site a few months ago from the the so called Thai Government weather experts that this was going to be a very dry “wet season”

Then again we had similar experts in Australia, for me I look at the sky, the way the wind is blowing and are the hens, guinea fowl and Jack Russells taking cover.

Always seems to give a good indication to me,

8 hours ago, tifino said:

could have at least used a real photo! 

they'd tried to use the outer rim of a shiny tin roof, to depict high water - but forgot the visual effect is eliminated by the dry trees behind (the camera perspective is angled slightly downwards, and water supposed to be generally flat'n'level) the 2D displacement of buildings too, that don't stop the water edge in a straight line throughout 

fake photo.jpg

Maybe an idea to change the focus from ridicule to discuss the real issue. It may not give you as many likes, but it provides the basis for a proper discussion about and around the serious  challenges that many poor people are now facing - JustSaying … :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Khunangkaro said:

How is the airport? 

Flights from Bangkok can land and return? 

We may assume if something can land it will as well be able to take off with the proviso that the landing was controlled... :whistling:

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

I seem to remember reading reports on this site a few months ago from the the so called Thai Government weather experts that this was going to be a very dry “wet season”

Then again we had similar experts in Australia, for me I look at the sky, the way the wind is blowing and are the hens, guinea fowl and Jack Russells taking cover.

Always seems to give a good indication to me,

I always watch the ants been into ants since I was a kid.Remarkably accurate. 

5 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Really - Unfortunately my aunt is dead, but I have a cousin ...

13 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I've noticed the same thing here in Hua Hin, but it's the very tiny ants that seem to indicate that rain is on the way. Nature seems to know an awful lot more than we do at times. I wish all the people who have had their homes flooded all the best; it must be horrible for them.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Of course he doesn't, cos the water would roll off the edges...????

Impossible in Thailand; ????

Prayuth will ask some people to make a big wall ;by not knowing that if the water can not pass through or above the wall, it will always find a way to pass underneath.

Archived