BANGKOK
Tchooptip

Where to buy coffee in Koh Samui

Hello all my unknown friends expats like me in Koh Samui, thanks to you I found helpfull answers in seven years (the time passes quickly)

Answers which sometimes  improve our daily life and for which I still thank the authors.

Does anyone know of a place to find a coffee selection for an espresso machine, because it's neither Tesco nor BigC, for now I buy coffee only on Lazada.
In case it would interest someone I am very satisfied with the espresso machine that I bought at Hommepro one year ago...and it is not an Italian LOL.

Thanks in advance and have a good day everyone😊

IMG_3201.jpeg

Edited by Tchooptip
Published alone by itself :-(

Huge selection of coffee- and espresso machines in Home Pro (Tesco-Lotus Center, Bo Phut), at the moment campaign just inside the main Home Pro entrance, anything from a few thousand baht and way up to sky high...👍

Normal coffee machines (filter) can be bought in both BigC and Tesco Lotus, even small ones for a few hundred baht only (and they actually works Okay). They also sell paper filters (some machines are delivered with a filter tray, which can be used instead of a paper filter).

Coffee you can buy in a variety of selections in BicC, and some selection also in Tesco-Lotus, and some in Makro (mainly BonCafé both beans and ground, I use to buy BonCafé espresso here, about 115 baht for 250 gram, but only 5-10 baht less than BigC and Tesco-Lotus).

Bon Café also have a brand name shop almost opposite the entrance to The Wharf in Bo Phut.

🙂

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Huge selection of coffee- and espresso machines in Home Pro (Tesco-Lotus Center, Bo Phut), at the moment campaign just inside the main Home Pro entrance, anything from a few thousand baht and way up to sky high...👍

Normal coffee machines (filter) can be bought in both BigC and Tesco Lotus, even small ones for a few hundred baht only (and they actually works Okay). They also sell paper filters (some machines are delivered with a filter tray, which can be used instead of a paper filter).

Coffee you can buy in a variety of selections in BicC, and some selection also in Tesco-Lotus, and some in Makro (mainly BonCafé both beans and ground, I use to buy BonCafé espresso here, about 115 baht for 250 gram, but only 5-10 baht less than BigC and Tesco-Lotus).

Bon Café also have a brand name shop almost opposite the entrance to The Wharf in Bo Phut.

This coffee machine on the picture, I bought it in Homepro 😊

I will try the beans Boncafé in Macro, I do not know why I never tryed ? Not knowing this brand at all it was kind  of a lack of confidence.

I will also try the Bon café shop in Bo Phut maybe they have more choice?  In Tesco lamai for instance many types of coffe beans are missing most of the time, I guess not so many Thai people drink expresso at home, as for the tourist its sure.

I think it is not necessary to answer to everyone but thank you  for your answers gentlemen,  I noted everything, 👍

• Thanks 1

Go to Starbucks; they have excellent coffee. But, I am not sure about prices in Thailand...

Okay, lay it on me;

'it is too corporate'.

'It is too American'.

'It is not personal enough'.

'It is too loud'.

'It is too Trump-like'.

'I only like Mom and Pop coffee shops'.

'I only like European coffee'.

'it tastes like big business'

'Only Americans go there'.

'The colour is wrong'.

'It reminds me of George Bush'

'I hate factory coffee shops'.

'I am too good for the people who go to there'.

'It is too corporate'.

'I don't like the wallpaper'.

'It is too American'.

Again, go to Starbucks; they have excellent coffee.

BTW, I am Canadian, so if anyone shouldn't like Starbucks for no good reason, it is me!

5 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Try this: https://s.lazada.co.th/s.ZjIlQ

Got my order in 3 days. 

They have a wide selection: https://s.lazada.co.th/s.ZjpS1

I see you already buy on lazada. In my case the nearest supermarket is 1.5h drive. But I'm not on Samui. 

OK I click the link right now⌨️ 

1 minute ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Go to Starbucks; they have excellent coffee. But, I am not sure about prices in Thailand...

Okay, lay it on me;

'it is too corporate'.

'It is too American'.

'It is not personal enough'.

'It is too loud'.

'It is too Trump-like'.

'I only like Mom and Pop coffee shops'.

'I only like European coffee'.

'it tastes like big business'

'Only Americans go there'.

'The colour is wrong'.

'It reminds me of George Bush'

'I hate factory coffee shops'.

'I am too good for the people who go to there'.

'It is too corporate'.

'I don't like the wallpaper'.

'It is too American'.

Again, go to Starbucks; they have excellent coffee.

BTW, I am Canadian, so if anyone shouldn't like Starbucks for no good reason, it is me!

They sell coffee beans? 

1 hour ago, hoxman said:

I buy my coffee from Red Cliff Coffee, fast shipment, great roasts and is delicous.

https://www.redcliffcoffee.com/

I just click the link, how do "you" pay for them?

I decided not to use anymore my credit cards online in Thailand, I do not have a PayPal account in Thailand. 

22 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

I just click the link, how do "you" pay for them?

I decided not to use anymore my credit cards online in Thailand, I do not have a PayPal account in Thailand. 

You can select pay at delivery when you checkout your Lazada order.

If your looking at lazada, you may as well look at shopee.co.th as well (Phone app has English) They are usually cheaper than lazada and also do COD. (Just noticed they sell Starbucks Espresso on there.)

BTW. Nobody has mentioned Sampet in Nathon. They do a variety of coffee.

Edited by Amusements

On 9/14/2019 at 11:06 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

Go to Starbucks; they have excellent coffee

You are joking I presume. 🤔

I tried it once could not finnish the cup, they have the stomach to call that <deleted> coffee. 

Here is a list of coffee consumption per capita. 

Finland
12.0 kg
 Norway
9.9 kg
 Iceland
9.0 kg (2006 data)
 Denmark
8.7 kg
 Netherlands
8.4 kg
 Sweden
8.2 kg

I can recommend this one. 

product2386_1_900x1080.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

You are joking I presume. 🤔

I tried it once could not finnish the cup, they have the stomach to call that <deleted> coffee. 

Here is a list of coffee consumption per capita. 

Finland
12.0 kg
 Norway
9.9 kg
 Iceland
9.0 kg (2006 data)
 Denmark
8.7 kg
 Netherlands
8.4 kg
 Sweden
8.2 kg

I can recommend this one. 

product2386_1_900x1080.jpg

Since I am a coffee maniac 🤪while being grateful for your recommendation I do not see myself following it, the personal grinding of the coffee being an important step of the protocol it is out of the question that I avoid it. 🤗

I ask the moderator the authorization to be off topic, (thank you in advance PoorSucker😌)

I have always had the impression that the members of the Koh Samui Forum are more friendly 🤩 than many others

I do not know why I have this impression 🤔?

Maybe because its the case 🤗LOl

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1