Pattaya: Police hotfoot it back to base as huge murder reenactment turns nasty

rooster59

2 hours ago, tifino said:

well, they obviously knew they'd be going into a war zone...considering the links to the general criminal element, involved in this

so just not do the reenactment as it serves no purpose to the case whatsoever. Saves time, money, resources and emotions; yet this logic flies over the heads of everybody involved, apart from maybe the suspect 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, smedly said:

I wonder how these scumbags make money

They’re policemen and get a salary paid by the government for a portion of their income. The rest is from voluntary contributions from the public. 

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Some 200 police officers led by the Chonburi provincial police chief and the acting head of the Pattaya police took the suspect in the shooting murder of an influential and well connected local man on a reenactment to the scene of the crime yesterday. 

Update : Chonburi today reports huge rise in crime, bank robbings, drunk driving and rapes due to lack of Policemen.

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I seem to remember that there was a directive some time ago to stop these re-enactments. Why are they still doing them?

Heaven knows, it is hard to believe they achieve anything other than incite a lynching.

200 douche bags for a reenactment? Is that why when i go to the police station at 3am with a screaming kid, crying wife, etc, because people are shooting up my property, that there is no one that will do a dam thing? 6years where i live now in kanchanaburi and police wont take a report even. They do for everyone else though. Fn pricks! I guess they should have all been drama show actors. Seems more interesting for them.

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I seem to remember that there was a directive some time ago to stop these re-enactments. Why are they still doing them?

Because they don't learn anything. this re-enactment was a futile effort to show the public they do something sometimes...

But this time all they showed is how to get it wrong!

Thai "Production Houses" are very good at animations. Just look at the Production Values for their commercials - world class ! 

Why can't they be hired to recreate crime scenes in animation ... LIKE THIS O.J.SIMPSON trial animation of the murder scene from many years ago ...........  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUYMZpc0JiE

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

It's a show pony photo shoot showing people they're clever.....reality is they're just dumb asses!

200 officers (who knew they even had that many as so few are ever seen???!!!) wasting time on this Mickey Mouse useless exercise.  Meanwhile, no officers ever available to enforce double parking, illegal turns from the wrong lane, speeding, driving the wrong way, running red lights, reckless driving, overloading of vehicles, driving on the sidewalks,  etc. etc.  

Why did 100 people turn out for this muppet who tried to murder someone (who is still in hospital) and pretty much got what he deserved? Anyone who carries a gun without good reason deserves all they get. If he had not had the gun he would still be alive although maybe a little bruised if the other two had set on him. Also if Arm had not had a gun he would have had a much more rosey outlook.

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

200 ???????

Nothing wrong with that - 130 to do the pointing, 15 to restrain the suspect, thirty to supervise the other 145, five to take pictures for the graphic needed later, eighteen to look out for stray farangs on the off chance of some unscheduled earnings, one to supervise the supervisors and the station big cheese to make sure justice is done.

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

I've never understood why they continue to do these things. In 99% of murders it offers no extra evidence yet it seems to rip open raw wounds for family and friends and provoke outrage. cost v benefit doesnt seem great.

Mate TIT, the cops will do anything for a photo op especially for TV coverage, they love hamming it up.

Let me see if I understood correctly...The well connected guy gets into a fight, decides to settle the fight by shooting the other guy in the head. A friend of the victim then shoots the influential guy and risks being lynched by the dead guy's friends.

Seems to me the well connected guy got what he deserved and justice was served. Well done

6 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Let me see if I understood correctly...The well connected guy gets into a fight, decides to settle the fight by shooting the other guy in the head. A friend of the victim then shoots the influential guy and risks being lynched by the dead guy's friends.

Seems to me the well connected guy got what he deserved and justice was served. Well done

While a part of me agrees with you, i don't think that we should go back to the dark age of an eye for an eye.

6 minutes ago, smew said:

Yes stupid act, but he was backing his friend and had no idea that his friend was alive and going to live.

wouldn't you want to have a friend that will stand up for you until the very worst ? 

We all do but I also would want them to use their brains and avoid this kind of mess. If Arms friend survives, it will be interesting to see if he is as good to Arm. Before taking revenge, Arm should have seen what the police do. If they don't provide justice then he should weigh up the options or better still leave it to his friend. The two shot men may have a history that also needs considering. 

Also a hot headed friend that brings a gun to a party is not the kind of friend I want.

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

I've never understood why they continue to do these things. In 99% of murders it offers no extra evidence yet it seems to rip open raw wounds for family and friends and provoke outrage. cost v benefit doesnt seem great.

Partly because Thai legal system / courts are so weak and police work so poor that a confession that is then reenacted in front of witnesses, is used as evidence to 'prove' the confession as real. 

Those confessions by reducing court cases to open and shut cases, easy for the the police to prove without any evidence or policework, result in heavily reduced sentences.  

Archived