Pattaya: Police hotfoot it back to base as huge murder reenactment turns nasty

rooster59

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, z42 said:

200 officers needed to do a crime re-enactment which aside from being highly unethical is also a gross abuse of man power.

What a circus that such a large contingent still didn't keep order that well. Pathetic at best

It’s probably the only thing they did all day so hardly a waste of manpower, there appears to be no concept of proactive policing apart from the odd check point.

I live in a town in the North where I understand there are about 400 police but apart from the couple who do crossing patrol twice a day outside the private school and a dozen or so who do a checkpoint in the Main Street once a week that’s about the extent of it.

8 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I seem to remember that there was a directive some time ago to stop these re-enactments. Why are they still doing them?

Yes, exactly I was also wondering why are they doing this?

I really don't see any good coming out of this re-enactments. May be in certain cases where they had to get the exact situation right to confirm something.

Reenactment, finger pointing - all those long outdated steps of the legal evaluation. The result is two Burmese boys on death row who, by all accounts, would be free due to a major mistrial by the local dealer-wheelers in the various court houses. 
All the while the real culprits like sunny boy grandson of the Red Bull founder walk free, despite the fact that a Thai passport is valid only for five years and the incident in question dates back more than five years ........ 

Are these clowns serious, honestly? 

Almost all public reenactments stopped in the West many years ago. All ID evidence from witnesses is invalidated, potential jurors ( I know not here) are compromised, and any confessions, unlike those made and recorded in police station interview rooms with legal rep present, are suspect of being made under duress.

Any that are done are done with actors, not suspects, or are done in private to point out scenes or recover bodies or property.

But this dog and pony show does nothing good for the RTPs reputation.

There seems to be a very strong consensus that doing these re-enactments is asinine and most likely useless. Hopefully this embarrassing incident for the police will activate logic cells in some higher-up's brain in the police department to figure out that this practice should be stopped. 

3 hours ago, tgw said:

They should have brought riot police and put the "100 friends" in police cells, searched for small weapons, tested for drugs and outstanding warrants.

The mob needs to be disciplined, not appeased.

you sound as bad as the clowns that set up the reenactment 

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

mobilized 200 officers for the reenactment of the crime. 

Chonburi has the 2nd worst daily road deaths in Thailand and they waste all these man-hours on a photo-op!  Pattaya Plod; a by-word for futility, good only for road-banditry via pointless ticketing.

21 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I seem to remember that there was a directive some time ago to stop these re-enactments. Why are they still doing them?

Coz it appears the cops are too stupid to work it out, like reading a cartoon book as opposed to a real book.

21 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I have the same recollection and I also have always wondered what bloody purpose is served by an accused person being made to play "actor" and give alleged evidence against him/herself!!  I wonder what happens if the accused refuses to take part.....I know that I would certainly refuse to do so!!! Would I be beaten and end up "hanging myself"?? I suppose this practice has its roots in some legitimate olden day practice, but....come on!!!!

On 9/14/2019 at 12:38 PM, SammyT said:

I've never understood why they continue to do these things. In 99% of murders it offers no extra evidence yet it seems to rip open raw wounds for family and friends and provoke outrage. cost v benefit doesnt seem great.

police must use any/every opportunity to garner some perception that they are actually fighting crime

Archived