Suspect pretended to be police colonel to sell positions in the force for 300,000 baht

rooster59

Suspect pretended to be police colonel to sell positions in the force for 300,000 baht 

2496500.jpg

Image: INN News

Tha Kham metropolitan police have announced the arrest of a man who was trying to sell positions in the Bangkok police to officers working in the south of Thailand. 

Arrested was Kanphon Kongmongkhon who pretended to be Pol Col Suriya Nakkaew, a deputy of the commander of the Region 9 met police. 

The suspect got a picture of Pol Col Suriya from the internet and made a Line profile that he used to contact aging officers from the south of the country who wanted transfers to Bangkok. 

Three or four cases have come to light with the suspect charging 200,000 to 300,000 baht for his services.

The suspect was found to have committed a similar offence in 2008. He previously worked for the border police force and knew the system, reported INN News. 

Pol Col Suriya said he had no connection with either the suspect or the buying and selling of police positions. 

Source: INN News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-14

15 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The suspect got a picture of Pol Col Suriya from the internet and made a Line profile that he used to contact aging officers from the south of the country who wanted transfers to Bangkok

Not a free transfer then like they have in footie when you are " aging " and over the hill .. 

15 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Three or four cases have come to light with the suspect charging 200,000 to 300,000 baht for his services

Thailand .. Hub of people who are attacked by gulls a lot ..  

20 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Three or four cases have come to light with the suspect charging 200,000 to 300,000 baht for his services.

That's very cheap. In fact it sounds too good to be true. I'd be very careful about taking up this offer if I were the cops. They could lose their hard-earned graft money and be forced to do an extra year or two on road block duties.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He previously worked for the border police force and knew the system,

Obviously!

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why would anyone believe you can buy a position in the Thai police force?

Well my brother-in-law did.  He was a sergeant and bought himself promotion to major.  That is the norm according to him.  Same for my wife's uncle who is now a retired colonel.  That is what many use their graft money for.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The suspect was found to have committed a similar offence in 2008. He previously worked for the border police force and knew the system,

The system being you buy your transfer or promotion.... don't you just love the BiB.

One has to be very careful here. In Pattaya a few months ago, a group of official looking Thais turned up in the area once known as Pattayaland. They said that they owned the actual streets 1,2, and 3, and were demanding a fee from all of the businesses having frontage on these streets ! Only in Thailand ? I expect not ????

"Three or four cases have come to light with the suspect charging 200,000 to 300,000 baht for his services."

This was an easy one. The number one rule when selling official positions is: There is a minimum 500,000 baht service charge. Such a cut rate sum like 200,000 stood out like an honest cop. 

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why would anyone believe you can buy a position in the Thai police force?

Can you buy a position? Or is it a long-term lease with the rent money paid in advance?  I suppose one would have to ask a retiring cop if he sold his position. 

Archived