Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Suspect pretended to be police colonel to sell positions in the force for 300,000 baht

Recommended Posts

Who would believe in that?  No police corruption 😊 in Tland 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what the economics/cash flow looks like for paid positions, I mean the 'real ones' not the fake ones?

 

Candidates must have to borrow the lump-sum payment from a, shall we say, loan-shark, and then pay that back what, twice a month? Can't believe the salary is enough to cover the P & I? Or are positions sold by senior insiders, and then juniors simply pay them back? A bit like a pyramid-scheme I guess?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I wonder what the economics/cash flow looks like for paid positions, I mean the 'real ones' not the fake ones?

 

Candidates must have to borrow the lump-sum payment from a, shall we say, loan-shark, and then pay that back what, twice a month? Can't believe the salary is enough to cover the P & I? Or are positions sold by senior insiders, and then juniors simply pay them back? A bit like a pyramid-scheme I guess?

 

 

 

 

Borrow the money,  get a good rank,  arrest and jail loan shark All good,  job done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Borrow the money,  get a good rank,  arrest and jail loan shark All good,  job done. 

Assuming the loan shark is not your superior of course? Or in any way related to him.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been told by well informed sources that this is a common occurrence. In customs, and the police, promotions are paid for. Possibly with immigration too. Some cost as much as a million baht or more. It makes sense, especially with regards to the police, who are not law enforcement, but rather franchisees. It is considered a family "investment".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he was caught in 2008 what happened? Was he moved to inactive post? But 10 years later got active again?

 

and what was his actual rank?

 

is it possible he collected but did not forward the money and this is why he is in hot waters again ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 2:28 PM, monkfish said:

Arrested for pretending to be a cop or selling positions?
Selling positions I understand is standard practice in the Civil Service.

 

 

only real colonels can sell positions.  suspect was fraudulently diverting funds that should have been paid to real cops.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 7:12 AM, NCC1701A said:

why would anyone believe you can buy a position in the Thai police force?

Why not? I just saw a movie filmed by hidden camera of a guy buying a greencard in Los Angeles for 150 us$......takes 1.5 hours...just on the street.

 

I can send you the link of the youtube if you like.

Edited by fruitman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TIT where the men in brown get away with murder, drugs, gambling, human trafficking, ...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 2:50 PM, Reigntax said:
On 9/14/2019 at 1:23 PM, Tayaout said:

Need more finger pointing. I'm not sure which one is the suspect. They all looks suspect to me! 

I think its the one who was under the hat. ...oh, he has escaped!

fakecop2.jpg.168f80fe8cc503ede0bb2a923d7a0f09.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have been told by well informed sources that this is a common occurrence. In customs, and the police, promotions are paid for. Possibly with immigration too. Some cost as much as a million baht or more. It makes sense, especially with regards to the police, who are not law enforcement, but rather franchisees. It is considered a family "investment".

And it's even more vicious than that: what'd you think of an officer with a spotless career, several qualifications, straight as an 'I', ending, several times, quite high on the promotion list, way above the 'cut' of vacant positions, what should have got him the higher rank any time, ...but didn't. Got demotivated, didn't participate for one year, and got the 'friendly advise' to pay for it... Against his principles(!) in the next round he simply paid the sum asked, with family money, ...and was promoted! Ergo: as good as you might be, you won't get the promotion without paying for it!

(Considering the small difference in wages from one rank to the next one above, the reason for most to want a promotion, is to be found 'elsewhere', and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with honour, but rather with, erm, 'other means of gratification'...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a police officer in Pattaya who was kicked off the force (takes some doing) and after a 2 year cooling off period bought himself back in this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...