Undercover raid of Sukhothai bar finds 154 underage patrons

rooster59

Undercover raid of Sukhothai bar finds 154 underage patrons

By The Nation

800_ce86ada6a0dfe43.jpg

The Department of Provincial Administration (DPA) raided a pub in Sukhothai province early on Saturday and detained 154 underage patrons.

A DPA investigation team headed by Narong Thipsiri raided "Club 64" in Soi Pracha Ruamjai, Tambon Thani in Muang Sukhothai around 12.30am following complaints from teachers and parents that the venue allowed access to youngsters aged under 20 and also operated beyond the legal opening hours.

473603.jpg

Undercover officials entered the pub and guarded two secret doors that had reportedly been installed to enable the underage patrons to flee.

Out of the 260 patrons rounded up from the pub, 154 were found to be under 20 years old -- 67 of them under 18. The youngest one was 15 years old. The officials had them sign an agreement and called their parents to pick them up. Officials also fined 22 patrons who did not carry their Thai national ID cards. They seized two sachets containing ketamine and some methamphetamine pills.

473597.jpg

Officials levelled five charges against pub manager Mongkol Panthong, 22. The charges were: operating a night entertainment venue without permission, selling alcoholic drinks to persons aged under 20, selling alcoholic drinks outside the legal operating hours, instigating or promoting youths to behave inappropriately, and distributing/exchanging/giving alcohol to minors.

The DPA officials would propose to the provincial governor to shutter the pub for five years for violating the law, Narong said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376185

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Why would you want to have 18 year olds in bars ?

Why not?

In my limited experience 18 year old teenagers are not "children".

Why shouldn't they be allowed to go out, enjoy music and drinks?

Drugs are obviously a problem. But they are a problem independent of the age.

If the police would enforce drug and drunk driving laws all the time for all age groups that would help a lot to make Thailand a safer and better place.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Officials levelled five charges against pub manager Mongkol Panthong, 22. The charges were: operating a night entertainment venue without permission, selling alcoholic drinks to persons aged under 20, selling alcoholic drinks outside the legal operating hours, instigating or promoting youths to behave inappropriately, and distributing/exchanging/giving alcohol to minors.

How big a brown envelope will this take....??

name me someone who hasnt drank alcohol while underage and i will show you a liar, we use to ride our bicycles to the next village at age 15 to drink beer and get <deleted> up, 18 to visit a bar, <deleted> is that about. still looking at the grown men mentaliity,here, i suppose a 17 year old has the mind of a 10 year old

6 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

name me someone who hasnt drank alcohol while underage and i will show you a liar, we use to ride our bicycles to the next village at age 15 to drink beer and get <deleted> up, 18 to visit a bar, <deleted> is that about. still looking at the grown men mentaliity,here, i suppose a 17 year old has the mind of a 10 year old

Beer, Wine and other non-hard alcohol is legal with 16 in germany, works fine...

Not allowing 18 year olds at bars is hilarious if you ask me, it's just totally normal and in europe no one would give a f.

You can enter a club with 16 if you have a written allowance from your parents, which is also normal...

germany - land of the free, oh i miss it sometimes

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Undercover officials entered the pub and guarded two secret doors that had reportedly been installed to enable the underage patrons to flee

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Officials levelled five charges against pub manager Mongkol Panthong, 22

So what about the owner or is he someone of influence in the area?

This is crazy. You can vote at 18 (I think) so most definitely you should be able to have a drink. Again if you can marry at 16 you should be able to drink at 16. Just so mixed up when in Thailand you see 14 year old and 15 year old's getting married regularly and the police don't seem to mind but drink in a pub under the age of 20 OMG...... Big trouble and head lines.... 

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Correct about the mind of a 10 year old

3 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

This is crazy. You can vote at 18 (I think) so most definitely you should be able to have a drink. Again if you can marry at 16 you should be able to drink at 16. Just so mixed up when in Thailand you see 14 year old and 15 year old's getting married regularly and the police don't seem to mind but drink in a pub under the age of 20 OMG...... Big trouble and head lines.... 

Because its the law thats why 18 year olds are not allowed to drink in pubs, its the law.

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Funny to think a young woman could have 4 kids and still not be old enough to drink

Agreed, 4 kids by age 18 is hard work, almost like serving one's country.  Those young Moms should be afforded a few reduced alcohol/2% beers like the 18 year old military folks get.

Have security check her ID at the door, give her a unique, high viz ink stamp, and she's good to go all night.

image.png.fecd876d925fc1d849e79278dc07e347.png

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Why would you want to have 18 year olds in bars ?

You must be American, where you can legally buy a gun or to die for your country in the forces before being old enough to buy a beer. I come from the UK, where the legal drinking age is 18. In Germany it is 16 and 18 for spirits, 18 in France, 18 in Spain, 18 in Australia..........

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You must be American, where you can legally buy a gun or to die for your country in the forces before being old enough to buy a beer. I come from the UK, where the legal drinking age is 18. In Germany it is 16 and 18 for spirits, 18 in France, 18 in Spain, 18 in Australia..........

No , I'm not American .

I was just just asking one poster why he would like to see 18 year olds in bars .Its quite likely that he would like to see 18 year olds in bars , as it would give him the opportunity to indulge in some teenage sex

Some posters seem to be making the assumption an 18 yo Thai is as mature as a Western 18 yo, and therefore they should be able to drink alcohol legally. Given the road toll in Thailand ( 80% on two wheels ) that is a perilous assumption.

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Some posters seem to be making the assumption an 18 yo Thai is as mature as a Western 18 yo, and therefore they should be able to drink alcohol legally. Given the road toll in Thailand ( 80% on two wheels ) that is a perilous assumption.

Then they shouldn't vote, join the military or drive a car either, but it's simply not true anyway.

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I was just just asking one poster why he would like to see 18 year olds in bars .Its quite likely that he would like to see 18 year olds in bars , as it would give him the opportunity to indulge in some teenage sex

Are you maybe just a little paranoid?

Lets assume for a moment I would look for those 18 year old teenage girls for sex. Are they only seen in Thai bars? Or do they also go to shopping centers, are walking on streets, etc.? And let's not forget that there are many 18 year old Thai girls who actively look for men who help them to finance their newest iphone.

It's obvious that you are an old woman. It's not surprising that you don't want pretty young girls anywhere near you. Because that guarantees that no guy gives you any attention. I know that must be hard for you. So much young competition and you get older all the time. So sad.

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

And do you think 20 or 30 year old Thais are so much more mature and they i.e. don't drink and drive? 555

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you maybe just a little paranoid?

Lets assume for a moment I would look for those 18 year old teenage girls for sex. Are they only seen in Thai bars? Or do they also go to shopping centers, are walking on streets, etc.? And let's not forget that there are many 18 year old Thai girls who actively look for men who help them to finance their newest iphone.

It's obvious that you are an old woman. It's not surprising that you don't want pretty young girls anywhere near you. Because that guarantees that no guy gives you any attention. I know that must be hard for you. So much young competition and you get older all the time. So sad.

It would be easier to pick them up in bars .

Didnt you previously post that you hang around universities , to look at the girls in their uniforms ?

If they were in bars , you wouldn't have to hang around universitys

/

43 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Interesting trivia with a hint of snooty brit attitude, but still didn't answer the question.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

It would be easier to pick them up in bars .

Didnt you previously post that you hang around universities , to look at the girls in their uniforms ?

If they were in bars , you wouldn't have to hang around universitys

/

You obviously got that wrong.

I don't hang around universities to look for girls in their uniforms.

I just buy those uniforms and give them to my favorite girls. It's called cosplay. And it's not restricted to university uniforms. Maids, nurses, and much more. They can even change the uniform after the fist session. ????

n-thaijapan-a-20150710-870x573.jpg

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's time to change the law.

Why shouldn't 18 year old teenagers be in a bar?

I didn't notice that the 20 year old and older are so much smarter and more responsible...

Yeah kinda silly following US laws I guess, never mine kids in bars and music keep the valued resources of Thai govt depts to drug prevention. 

Thailand is 6th in the world in alcohol consumption....

lax enforcement of regulations is why Thailand’s youth/adult population has a huge alcohol problem...

why you guys call it normal? So you guys like drunk driving fights domestic abuse unproductive lives broken families premature death murder etc?

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Interesting : I ask you why you like 18 year old to be allowed in bars and you reason for wanting that is that you would like myself to have some competition whilst I'm trying to pick guys up .

That is the type of irrational response that you would expect from an uneducated bargirl and its quite clear now as to why you enjoy their company

Archived