Getting a Thai passport for my baby son

bperry

My wife is Thai and I am English and I now live in Thailand, our son was born in Thailand in April 2019 and needs a Thai passport. Please can someone explain the process to me as my wife tells me I need to attend with her and our son at the passport office which is problematic for me due to work commitments. Is it possible for my son to get a passport without me going to the passport office?

Below are some websites on Thai passports for children 

Ubonjoe mentioned before that some are open on Saturday in Bangkok.

So depends where you live.

Some off topic parental advice.  Now that you are a father, your priorities are different than before.  Work commitments is one thing, family is another.  Family should come first IMO

You committed to having a child, now you take responsibility for the next 18 years or so - that is how families stay together and stay healthy.  Good luck 

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1415

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1415/21483-Frequently-Asked-Questions-(FAQs).html

Different passport offices may have different rules, so best that your wife calls your local office if she hasn't already. They may say no problem.

I recently received a passport for my son at the Surat Thani office. Just a copy of my passport, wife's ID card and son's birth certificate (we both went). Son born in March 2019, I am from the UK.

If I didn't go I would have needed to obtain letters from the ampur office saying I allow the passport to be granted and a permission to travel letter which sounds quite involved and I would have spent more time in offices.

I would make the time to go yourself.

Archived