Houthi drones hit two Aramco plants, sources say oil supplies disrupted

rooster59

I was unaware that large 'Drones' where available commercially.

I suspect that relatively few are made so I would imagine that tracking who has bought the ones built would be a 'Simple' police investigation and remains from the drones that carried out the attack will be found, more police investigation.

Remarkable accuracy on critical points in the production facilities.

john

48 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

I suspect that relatively few are made so I would imagine that tracking who has bought the ones built would be a 'Simple' police investigation and remains from the drones that carried out the attack will be found, more police investigation.

john

I am always a little suspicious of any intel coming out of the ME, but a number of years ago, Iran captured a sophisticated US drone and said they were going to reverse engineer it.  

The world is awash with oil they ran out of places where they can store it already - only lies and manipulation are keeping the oil price where it is when it should be around 15-20$ - they probably staged the attack themselves with the help of the US to drive up the oil price. Wait for it - they will try to blame Iran for the attack!
Soon a large part of the world will be 100% renewable and then they can drink there black poison.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

The world is awash with oil they ran out of places where they can store it already - only lies and manipulation are keeping the oil price where it is when it should be around 15-20$ - they probably staged the attack themselves with the help of the US to drive up the oil price. Wait for it - they will try to blame Iran for the attack!
Soon a large part of the world will be 100% renewable and then they can drink there black poison.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Meanwhile in the real world, oil is up $6 and life is good.

Renewables are killing coal, but oil is doing fine. There is a big difference between static and dynamic energy, if you care to know.

Screenshot_20190916-093814_Oil Price Live.jpg

17 hours ago, jonwilly said:

Must have been a very large Drone to fly from Yemen to Eastern Saudi.

Too big to be electrical powered, which is what I think of as drones.

john

Look here at some US drones, they are fairly large UAV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAI_RQ-7_Shadow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAVs_in_the_U.S._military

On 9/14/2019 at 11:52 PM, rooster59 said:

Saudi Arabia, leading a Sunni Muslim military coalition that intervened in Yemen in 2015 against the Houthis, has blamed regional rival Shi'ite Iran for previous attacks, which Tehran denies. Riyadh accuses Iran of arming the Houthis, a charge denied by the group and Tehran.

Iran is certainly not going to "own up" to it. What better chance than now to drive the Shi'ite out of the area?

4 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Iran is certainly not going to "own up" to it. What better chance than now to drive the Shi'ite out of the area?

If a warmonger like you thinks it will be easy, you may be in for a surprise. 

How can you drive 81 million people out of the area.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:40 AM, Cryingdick said:

Nice chance for the American companies to pounce and fill the vacuum.

I'm sure US companies will be profiteering, US shale is wide open and the wells are dying off quick, no opportunity to produce more oil, certainly not in the short term - no worries - the "military complex" arms manufacturers will step up to the plate & have yet another chance to sell their wares! :wink:

7 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Meanwhile in the real world, oil is up $6 and life is good.

Hallelujah, enjoy it as it won't stay up for very long unless things develop horribly! Trump along with "shale oil" have destroyed the price of oil in recent years, Trump looks like he will be around for a while so hopefully the shale oil wells will become uneconomical, be shut down due to environmental reasons or just dry up!

11 hours ago, jonwilly said:

john

Apparently, UAVs constitute a booming market in the ME.

https://fpif.org/china-is-flooding-the-middle-east-with-cheap-drones/

12 hours ago, jonwilly said:

john

You can train pilots to operate drones at less cost as they never actually get in a drone, and having done that the pilots given good communications, can be in one country piloting a drone based in another country whilst dropping bombs and firing missiles at a third country.

If the drone gets shot down, it is far cheaper than the loss of an expensive aircraft and crew members.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:07 AM, oldhippy said:

On 9/15/2019 at 1:19 AM, pegman said:

'Merica

I'd think you two would both know arms dealers will happily sell to  any country that can   make the payment.     The only thing that could disrupt that would be sanctions by some government.

Archived