Extension of stay based on marriage.

I am currently about a month into my 90 day stay on a non-O visa. I am planning to try and get the extension of stay based on marriage shortly, to enable me to stay for another 12 months.

I currently have:

Copies of passport and visa.

Copy of wife's passport.

Copy of her ID card.

Copy of tabien baan.

Hand drawn map showing my location in the village.

Photo of us outside the house.

Photo of us in the kitchen.

Photo of us sitting on our bed.

Copies of my bankbook showing funds over 400k for several months.

Am I missing anything? I know that I will need a bank letter for my application, but my bank apparently takes 60+ minutes to produce this document and I want to arrive first thing in the morning at immigration. Will they query it if I get the letter a day or two before?

Also my TM30 has always been done correctly and this is stapled inside my passport with my departure card. Do I need to make copies of these also?

Edited by SteveK

9 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Am I missing anything? I know that I will need a bank letter for my application, but my bank apparently takes 60+ minutes to produce this document and I want to arrive first thing in the morning at immigration. Will they query it if I get the letter a day or two before?

This probably depends on which immigration office you are applying in, but some people have reported that the bank statement must be dated with the same date that your application is filed (completely insane in my opinion).

• Like 1

As already stated, it varies from office to office. In my case (Hua Hin), I had to also have photos sitting on the sofa as well as next to the sign of our gated community.

If your wife doesn't own your house, you'll likely need copies of the owner's tabian baan (not the tabian baan for the house you're renting) as well as their ID.

You might have to bring a witness, with copies of their tabian baan and ID as well. But then again, you might not. Maybe they don't need a witness at all, or maybe they want to meet the witness when they visit your home. Check with your office.

Kor ror 2 and 3 you get at the amphur (proof your still married). Wife gets it with just her ID.

My imm office needs to see the house number clearly in the photo. The map of the location of the house they want drawn infront of them, then they ask such as, where is the post office etc to check you know your district.

My bank takes about 5 mins to do the letter and i get the day before, no problems.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Myran said:

You might have to bring a witness, with copies of their tabian baan and ID as well. But then again, you might not. Maybe they don't need a witness at all, or maybe they want to meet the witness when they visit your home. Check with your office.

Do they do this home visit thing in Bangkok, or is that more of a village thing?  My FIL's house is around Onnut. 

3 minutes ago, faraday said:

The map should show the route from immigration to your house.

You'll need a Thai witness, who lives near you & knows you both.

If it's your first extension, you'll have a home visit - it's very straightforward though.

The map can be from the nearest main road.

Witnesses depend upon the immigration offices you go to to. Many do not ask for them.

Some offices that want witnesses do not do a home visit. That can be the case if you live far away from the office.

• Thanks 1

Our house hasn't got numbers on it. Might have to go to the 20 baht shop and get some stick on ones if that would be an issue. Lots of family living within 500m of here so getting a witness isn't an issue, finding someone who wants to waste almost a whole day coming with us is another matter entirely.

At Jomtien I got my bank letter the day before and that was ok with TI. Just make sure you update your bankbook on the day of visa and ensure you get two copies of pages covering seasoning period. As for documents, it doesn't matter how many you have you'll still be running in and out for copies.

12 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Our house hasn't got numbers on it. Might have to go to the 20 baht shop and get some stick on ones if that would be an issue. Lots of family living within 500m of here so getting a witness isn't an issue, finding someone who wants to waste almost a whole day coming with us is another matter entirely.

You will need to create a house number. One of the required photos is one with you and your wife together with the house shown in it.

14 hours ago, SteveK said:

Am I missing anything?

What about a documentation for being married, like a marriage certificate, and if not a Thai-certificate, then legalized by your embassy.

Check with a local forum, or the Immigration Office you're going to use for the extension application, exactly what is needed of documentation, and if you wife need to be present together with you; rules are slightly different from province-to-province.

Are all these documents (photos, map etc...) required just for the first time you get the extension or do they require them every subsequent extension also? 

Most of them yes, sometimes the house visit is only once, as is the witness, but the documents are normally the ‘standard” set. The local immigration office can confirm, bearing in mind each offices can differ.