Indonesia Or Phillipines?

Plod1

Can anyone help me choose. I want to go on a short break to a resort town where there is selection of golf sun sand and good food at a reasonable price. I know nothing of these countries, so would like to know of a good town to go to. Frantic and exotic night life is not essential. Example - I prefer Hua Hin to Pattaya!

Thanks in anticipation>

Plod1

:D:o

G'day from Oz. Plod, I have played golf in both locations and LOS gets my money for quality, convenience and experience. As I don't know how long you have for a break, I'll assume a week.

You've mentioned Hua Hin already and this would be my recommendation. either stay in Hua Hin or Cha Am. Either have a choice of cheap accomodation. depend what your budget is. I stayed at Tipviman Resort in Cha Am for about $AUD60 a night. It's got a pool, resto and is on the beach. Also had cheap shuttle bus service into Hua Hin town. I usually went to town each night for dinner and entertainment... :o

Palm Hills, Springfield - top notch courses @ around 3-4000 baht a round.

Royal Hua Hin - 9 hole course, nothing to crow about but OK.

There are others in close proximity to Hua Hin, but I haven't got to them all yet.

Conversely, in the PH I played in Cebu (Casa Del Mar Resort) which was a fair way out of Cebu City by bus and pretty hard to get to. I took a private van. But the resort is self-contained with beach, resto and golf in the one place. But the downside is you're also stuck at the resort as it is far from town.

When I was there early this year, it was mooted that it was about to to be taken over by Korean interests. As is the case I found with golfing in PH in general. Catering to the bus loads of Koreans. They're on the course at sun-up and sundown... :D

Another one I stayed and played at, was a resort called Puerto Azul. North West of Manila. Again, chockers with Korean and the beach was disgusting with rubbish washing up.. :D . The course was nice & challenging though.

Overall, I think the pricing in PH is comparable to LOS. Positives are no double pricing, PH people speak English. Negatives - cuisine is uninspiring & fatty, Americanised fast foods, transportation is less well coordinated. Although great and cheap seafoods can be had on the way tor Mall of Asia in Manila.

LOS - love the food, women and culture. Hate - double pricing, not too much English spoken outside of major cities. Traffic's bad in BKK but is still not as bad as Manila. Getting to resorts is relatively painless compared to PH. I also found the service of caddies and staff, a lot more pleasant in LOS. The PH tend to be more brusque & mercenary. It never feels as warm and friendly as in LOS.

Ohhh, I miss Thailand.... :D

G'day from Oz. Plod, I have played golf in both locations and LOS gets my money for quality, convenience and experience. As I don't know how long you have for a break, I'll assume a week.

You've mentioned Hua Hin already and this would be my recommendation. either stay in Hua Hin or Cha Am. Either have a choice of cheap accomodation. depend what your budget is. I stayed at Tipviman Resort in Cha Am for about $AUD60 a night. It's got a pool, resto and is on the beach. Also had cheap shuttle bus service into Hua Hin town. I usually went to town each night for dinner and entertainment... :o

Palm Hills, Springfield - top notch courses @ around 3-4000 baht a round.

Royal Hua Hin - 9 hole course, nothing to crow about but OK.

There are others in close proximity to Hua Hin, but I haven't got to them all yet.

Conversely, in the PH I played in Cebu (Casa Del Mar Resort) which was a fair way out of Cebu City by bus and pretty hard to get to. I took a private van. But the resort is self-contained with beach, resto and golf in the one place. But the downside is you're also stuck at the resort as it is far from town.

When I was there early this year, it was mooted that it was about to to be taken over by Korean interests. As is the case I found with golfing in PH in general. Catering to the bus loads of Koreans. They're on the course at sun-up and sundown... :D

Another one I stayed and played at, was a resort called Puerto Azul. North West of Manila. Again, chockers with Korean and the beach was disgusting with rubbish washing up.. :D . The course was nice & challenging though.

Overall, I think the pricing in PH is comparable to LOS. Positives are no double pricing, PH people speak English. Negatives - cuisine is uninspiring & fatty, Americanised fast foods, transportation is less well coordinated. Although great and cheap seafoods can be had on the way tor Mall of Asia in Manila.

LOS - love the food, women and culture. Hate - double pricing, not too much English spoken outside of major cities. Traffic's bad in BKK but is still not as bad as Manila. Getting to resorts is relatively painless compared to PH. I also found the service of caddies and staff, a lot more pleasant in LOS. The PH tend to be more brusque & mercenary. It never feels as warm and friendly as in LOS.

Ohhh, I miss Thailand.... :D

Can anyone help me choose. I want to go on a short break to a resort town where there is selection of golf sun sand and good food at a reasonable price. I know nothing of these countries, so would like to know of a good town to go to. Frantic and exotic night life is not essential. Example - I prefer Hua Hin to Pattaya!

Thanks in anticipation>

Plod1

:D:o

Thanks Jak. For the sake of an ignorant Pom, what or where is LOS? I've no idea of a town or resort in Bali. Can you recommend one with a selection of golf courses. You are right we'll be there about a week, so don't need too much choice.

Cheers,

Plod.