Thieves steal $5 million gold toilet from Britain's Blenheim Palace

rooster59

It is all a mistake...

It has been borrowed and installed for the use of the PM in the Elizabeth Tower (formally the Clock Tower or St Stephen's Tower).

Both the House of Commons and House of Lords have the power, in theory, to imprison someone for contempt.

In the 18th and early 19th Centuries it was a regular punishment for someone to be committed to the custody of the Serjeant at Arms or to prison.

a copy of a ceramic toilet bowl in a shiny metal in a white colored washroom is called a piece of Art ? 
why? 

That Sculptor must have some wealthy sponsors cum "supporters" of his auctions.
Not art where I come from.
 if it needs a stunt like that to attract visitors, apparently the Guggenheim going down the drain since I last visited.

17 minutes ago, KKr said:

a copy of a ceramic toilet bowl in a shiny metal in a white colored washroom is called a piece of Art ? 
why? 

if it needs a stunt like that to attract visitors, apparently the Guggenheim going down the drain since I last visited.

it's still cheap, compared to what you get - made of steel casting of an inflatable rabbit- for only $91M

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "jeff koons auctions" 

14 hours ago, Opl said:

it's still cheap, compared to what you get - made of steel casting of an inflatable rabbit- for only $91M

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "jeff koons auctions" 

thank you for that, it makes me glad I stopped following the Art-auctions on a regular basis, although this metal rabbit seems at least an original idea.
(being a cynic, I do wonder whether the artist violated the inflatable doll rabbit producer's copyrights.)

Creating Art is for most Artists an obsession that, if at all, barely pays the bills or even the materials. (Not saying that it should because a lot of it, in the opinion of some, is rubbish.)

16 hours ago, KKr said:

why? 

I suggest you read up on Duchamp.

15 hours ago, elliss said:

It  will soon be replaced at UK tax payers exspense.. 

I doubt it...

Most probably the Duke of Marlborough, probably his insurers will bulk at this if he did not inform them he was installing a $5mil crapper...

In the late-19th century, a London plumbing impresario named Thomas Crapper manufactured one of the first widely successful lines of flush toilets. Crapper did not invent the toilet, but he did develop the ballcock, an improved tank-filling mechanism still used in toilets today.

(Wikipedia)

I think Thomas would have a good chuckle about the "golden throne".

5 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I doubt it...

Most probably the Duke of Marlborough, probably his insurers will bulk at this if he did not inform them he was installing a $5mil crapper...

I wonder how it feels to <deleted> in a $5mil crapper... I wish the Duke of Marlborough would publicise that feeling - that might even justify the expense.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

It was art , rather than a toilet

A functioning toilet, visitors to the exhibition are invited to use it, with a 3 minute time limit.

I believe it was on loan to Blenheim Palace, so guess the insurance is covered by the gallery which owns it.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

A functioning toilet, visitors to the exhibition are invited to use it, with a 3 minute time limit.

I believe it was on loan to Blenheim Palace, so guess the insurance is covered by the gallery which owns it.

I would have to pay for three slots....:saai:

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suggest you read up on Duchamp.

that is an excellent suggestion to underscore my point.
he was a game changer, a front runner, and influential artist.
recently celebrated that 100 years ago he even exhibited a common urinal as a fountain.
Scandalous, at that time.
The golden potty builds on that theme.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:04 AM, Nyezhov said:

Typical piece of childish predicatable poseur reflexive anti americanism, that reflects the intellectual vacuity of the artist and fellow travelers both in the art world and his public fans. 

The toilet actually represents reality, what goes in represents the artists and those of his ilk.

They could   flush Emin down it first. That would certainly improve her face.

Archived