Emergency U.S. Visa

A friend of mine who is married to a Thai lady just passed away. He and Ket were about mid way through the process of her visa application for the U.S.  Vern's mother contacted me to see if I could find out if anyone knew if there was a way to get an emergency, short term visitor visa.  His mother really likes Ket and very much wants to have Ket attend the memorial services if at all possible.  She is quite willing to delay the services for a time if there is any chance Ket can come over.  If anyone has any knowledge if anything like this is possible or exists and how to go about it your input would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

2 hours ago, Shot said:

From that link...

Funeral/Death
Purpose of travel is to attend the funeral of or make arrangements for repatriating the body of an immediate family member (mother, father, brother, sister, child,) in the United States.

Essential documentation:

A letter from the funeral director stating the contact information, the details of the deceased, and the date of the funeral.
You must also present evidence that the deceased is an immediate relative.

Wife/husband doesn't appear to be covered under "immediate family"?

I was renewing my U.S. passport ~ 6 weks ago, my appointment was at 07:30. An American woman and her son were able to gain entrance to the American Services area without an appointment. (Obviously this is not relevant to a Thai woman gaining access without an appointment.) The son's passport ticked under 6 months and he had been denied boarding by TG going to SIN (which is one of the countries that has a six month validity requirement). It was recommended that they re-route BKK-NRT-LAX. 

Archived