Bus driver killed, 33 injured in collision with truck

rooster59

Bus driver killed, 33 injured in collision with truck

By Manit Sanapboon
The Nation

1729427.jpg

Image: 77Kaoded.com

A bus driver was killed and 33 passengers injured following a collision with an 18-wheel truck in Prachin Buri province early on Saturday.

The bus was taking 44 passengers from the eastern province of Rayong to the northeastern province of Nong Khai.

The Rayong-Nong Khai inter-provincial bus reportedly attempted to overtake the truck that was transporting milk on highway number 304 in Kabin Buri district, but skidded on the slippery road following rains and crashed violently into the truck's rear. The bus driver Sombat Keebjampi, 50, died on the spot while 33 passengers suffered injuries. The truck driver, Kreingsak Paewthang, 42, escaped unhurt and pulled over to wait for police at the scene.

Police investigation was ongoing to see if the bus driver had dozed off behind the wheel, or recklessly driving had caused the accident, Sa Bua deputy superintendent Pol Lt-Colonel Praphot Srithongpian.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376189

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-15

Skidded or skidded my ass?!! What´s the point? You all seem to miss the obvious.

First it stands:

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Rayong-Nong Khai inter-provincial bus reportedly attempted to overtake the truck that was transporting milk on highway number 304 in Kabin Buri district, but skidded on the slippery road following rains and crashed violently into the truck's rear.

After that it stands: 

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police investigation was ongoing to see if the bus driver had dozed off behind the wheel, or recklessly driving had caused the accident, Sa Bua deputy superintendent Pol Lt-Colonel Praphot Srithongpian.

Seems to me that the Thailands finest believe that a dozed off person can manage to make it look like the try to overtake another viechle. I would say it´s reckless driving that caused this accident, byt I am also pretty sure that the Lt-Colonel will need a couple of days for the baht to drop down.

Another life lost due to very poor driving skills.

If the bus was trying to overtake and skidded into the rear of the truck, pathetic driving.

If the driver fell asleep, again pathetic driving skills, should have stopped, or should never have bee behind the wheel due to tiredness.

Yet again another bus crash, when will the authorities stop turning a blind eye and do something?

Answer never, too many rich hi-sos making money, and that is all that matters here.

Bad road can't drive won't drive luckily he will never do it again if that bus caught fire I dread to think how many would've died and I mean no disrespect to him or his family, the road toll is horrific and it's due to pure stupidity and there is only a handfull of good driver

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Rayong-Nong Khai inter-provincial bus reportedly attempted to overtake the truck that was transporting milk

Police investigation was ongoing to see if the bus driver had dozed off behind the wheel, or recklessly driving had caused the accident, 

Am i the only one thinking that overtaking whilst asleep is quite a feat ? 

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Rayong-Nong Khai inter-provincial bus reportedly attempted to overtake the truck that was transporting milk on highway number 304 in Kabin Buri district, but skidded on the slippery road following rains and crashed violently into the truck's rear. The bus driver Sombat Keebjampi, 50, died on the spot

Considering that the vehicles were driving in the same direction, their speed difference must have been substantial.

Archived