Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Man crushed to death on railway line in Nakhon Ratchasima

Recommended Posts

Man crushed to death on railway line in Nakhon Ratchasima

By Ratchai Orachon
The Nation

 

image.jpg

 

A Thai man in his 30s was crushed to death by a train at 2am on Saturday at the Sikhiu train station in Nakhon Ratchasima province.

 

 

Pol Captain Teerapong Pinijmontri said the man appeared to have stepped out of a train at the station and walked across the railway tracks when he appears to have fallen and been crushed by an oncoming train.

 

Police are investigating if the man, found to be carrying the Thai ID card of Buri Ram resident Butr Hanchiew, 36, had committed suicide or accidentally fainted and fallen on the tracks.

 

Preliminary investigation showed that the man had stepped off an Ubon Ratchathani-bound train and walked across before he dropped down, as if to lie down on the ground. His body was sent to Sikhiu Hospital for autopsy and police would contact his relatives to collect the body for religious rites soon.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376191

 

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-15
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't take too long to piece the facts together he was doing a shortcut and was cut short... 

 

Reminds me the headlines, mid81... police holding up a severed hand; asking if any reader could ID him? "Do you recognize this man?" They were hoping someone would recognize his ring.

Edited by tifino
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh horrible to be crushed by a train, if suicide then even more sad as he was so young to loose hope.

rip mate🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Oh horrible to be crushed by a train, if suicide then even more sad as he was so young to loose hope.

rip mate🙏

Of course it´s a terrible thing to happen regardless of the reason for it. Let´s hope the man gets peace, and his family can move on.

However, Tropposurfer. Why would it be more horrible to be crushed by a train? I mean, do you know anybody that survived that have given you first hand information about the feeling? I would say it will be much more horrible to be burned alive, or freeze to death as well as die of starvation. Beeing crushed by a train sound quite painless and quick to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police are investigating if the man, found to be carrying the Thai ID card of Buri Ram resident Butr Hanchiew, 36, had committed suicide or accidentally fainted and fallen on the tracks.

That's going to be difficult to investigate if he was traveling alone.. unless relatives come forward saying the man had personal issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why they want to do an autopsy. Cause of death appears to be run over by train. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pol Captain Teerapong Pinijmontri said the man appeared to have stepped out of a train at the station and walked across the railway tracks when he appears to have fallen and been crushed by an oncoming train.

So he took a train to commit suicide by train ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

So he took a train to commit suicide by train ? 

No one knows whether it was suicide or an accident , they are currently investigating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Oh horrible to be crushed by a train, if suicide then even more sad as he was so young to loose hope.

rip mate🙏

The society has not been kind to him that's why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope all train stations in Thailand have overhead bridges in the future to prevent the need for passengers to walk across train tracks. Hopefully have double tracking and no more level crossings too. 

For those who have 4 hours to kill, watch this train journey from Butterworth to KL:
 

 

Edited by Selatan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Catoni said:

Not sure why they want to do an autopsy. Cause of death appears to be run over by train. 

Could reveal any underlying medical conditions for fall, (epilepsy)or use of drugs either prescribed or illicit or high levels of alcohol. Physical disabilities which may have caused fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Selatan said:

I hope all train stations in Thailand have overhead bridges in the future to prevent the need for passengers to walk across train tracks. Hopefully have double tracking and no more level crossings too. 

For those who have 4 hours to kill, watch this train journey from Butterworth to KL:
 

 

Always scares me watching people dodge  round level crossing gates, some on scooters and on foot, and recently saw a damn big 4WD do same, full of kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suicide by train.

Where I am now, the subway system averages 1.5 "successful" attempts per month. "Successful" means they are killed by the train.

All attempts averages just over 3 per month.

People have jumped, lie across the tracks, gone into the tunnels, even squatted down to make sure their head gets the full impact 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mmushr00m said:

Suicide by train.

Where I am now, the subway system averages 1.5 "successful" attempts per month. "Successful" means they are killed by the train.

All attempts averages just over 3 per month.

People have jumped, lie across the tracks, gone into the tunnels, even squatted down to make sure their head gets the full impact 

The longer term traumatic impact on drivers and other train staff when death occurs this way is often lifelong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...