TM 30 Registration rejected

Living in Bangkok for 10 years, flying in and out of Thailand ever since we always followed the laws and the rules.. That also means that we always did the TM 30 for me. I do not remember a single incident. We came back from a trip on August 23 sent out the TM 30 to the immigration as always. So it was sent out August 24.

Yesterday, September  14 the letter from the immigration came back. But this time it's different.. They rejected the included TM 30 form.

They now need many more documents. Documents that we do not have at our own property and documents we need to get from the government departments first.

Now, on Friday we came back from another trip abroad. And just before I wanted to bring the New TM 30 registration papers to the post office My wife opened the rejected previous registration (Note that they need  three weeks  to have a look at papers that we send over to them within the required 24 hour timeframe)

So what to do now? We want to follow the law but since there was no hint on the TM 30 form that they need many more papers we are not prepared for that. And can now not follow the law?

I never need anything from the immigration,  so the there is not even a real problem if we do not follow the law, right? Just skip the correct registration in the future and hope for the best? I mean my wife would need to take a leave from work to get these papers like house registration…

Screenshot - 15.09.2019 , 08_45_47.png

Edited by zappalot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

As soon as you have the username:password you can enter the TM30 website and file your TM30.

And there lies the problem...how fast "and if" you get a username/password issued depends on your serving immigration office. 

Like folks serviced by Cheang Wattana office.....some have been waiting for months.  A few more days I will be up to one month waiting.  Got the email verification email a week after initially submitting the registration paperwork...but still no username/password issued.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pib said:

And there lies the problem...how fast "and if" you get a username/password issued depends on your serving immigration office. 

Like folks serviced by Cheang Wattana office.....some have been waiting for months.  A few more days I will be up to one month waiting.  Got the email verification email a week after initially submitting the registration paperwork...but still no username/password issued.  

Same here.  Landlord just received the Email verification two months after submitting all the necessary paperwork.  Still waiting on a password.  A personal trip to Changwattana to try to correct things was met with blank stares and smirks.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Same here.  Landlord just received the Email verification two months after submitting all the necessary paperwork.  Still waiting on a password.  A personal trip to Changwattana to try to correct things was met with blank stares and smirks.

Speaking of blank stares and smirks I was able to ask about my registration status in mid-late August when I was renewing my retirement extension of stay which required me to submit a TM30 and pay a Bt800 since I had never file a TM30 after  being in Thailand for over a decade....had to do that before the immigration officer would provide final approval for the extension of stay renewal.  

When I asked the TM30 section about the status of my registration and I pointed out I hadn't even got the email verification yet, the TM30 section officer just smiled and giggle "10 days, maybe one month" just to hopefully get the email verification.  The officer couldn't give an estimate on how long it would take to get a username/password.   

Now that "smile and giggle" also carried a tone of frustration.  I left with the feeling it could be months to never in getting a User ID/password.  I did get my email verification after one week....but as mentioned I'm now approaching one month awaiting a username/password.  I check the system for status a few times every week...it's still just setting in the email verification complete stage awaiting further action.

3 hours ago, zappalot said:

Living in Bangkok for 10 years, flying in and out of Thailand ever since we always followed the laws and the rules.. That also means that we always did the TM 30 for me. I do not remember a single incident. We came back from a trip on August 23 sent out the TM 30 to the immigration as always. So it was sent out August 24.

Yesterday, September  14 the letter from the immigration came back. But this time it's different.. They rejected the included TM 30 form.

They now need many more documents. Documents that we do not have at our own property and documents we need to get from the government departments first.

Now, on Friday we came back from another trip abroad. And just before I wanted to bring the New TM 30 registration papers to the post office My wife opened the rejected previous registration (Note that they need  three weeks  to have a look at papers that we send over to them within the required 24 hour timeframe)

So what to do now? We want to follow the law but since there was no hint on the TM 30 form that they need many more papers we are not prepared for that. And can now not follow the law?

I never need anything from the immigration,  so the there is not even a real problem if we do not follow the law, right? Just skip the correct registration in the future and hope for the best? I mean my wife would need to take a leave from work to get these papers like house registration…

1.  CW (as far as i'm aware) never required a TM30 before this year.  why were you sending them in?

2.  how were you filing?  you as owner of condo?  your wife as owner?  you or your wife as renter/possessor?

3.  what documents did you include?

we did a mail-in to CW beginning of july.  girlfriend is renting.  sent in her ID, rental contract, letter from her saying i stay with her.  we did NOT include owner's ID or housebook.  that was approved after about 6 weeks.  we also got a password last month using the same documents.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

Speaking of blank stares and smirks I was able to ask about my registration status in mid-late August when I was renewing my retirement extension of stay which required me to submit a TM30 and pay a Bt800 since I had never file a TM30 after  being in Thailand for over a decade....had to do that before the immigration officer would provide final approval for the extension of stay renewal.  

When I asked the TM30 section about the status of my registration and I pointed out I hadn't even got the email verification yet, the TM30 section officer just smiled and giggle "10 days, maybe one month" just to hopefully get the email verification.  The officer couldn't give an estimate on how long it would take to get a username/password.   

Now that "smile and giggle" also carried a tone of frustration.  I left with the feeling it could be months to never in getting a User ID/password.  I did get my email verification after one week....but as mentioned I'm now approaching one month awaiting a username/password.  I check the system for status a few times every week...it's still just setting in the email verification complete stage awaiting further action.

I’ve decided that the ฿800 fine will just be a cost of doing business here.  I need somewhere to empty out my change jar anyways.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I’ve decided that the ฿800 fine will just be a cost of doing business here.  I need somewhere to empty out my change jar anyways.

Yes, that's indeed an option.

When you go for an extension of stay and the IO denies it because no current TM30 has been filed, you can simply pay the fine.

But do bring the house-book of the place where you are staying as well as a front-back copy of the owner's ID-card and a copy of the rental agreement when applicable.  Then the TM30 can be done on the spot (you would be doing it on behalf of the owner), and avoids that you would have to come back later to get it sorted out. 

When you are there, also make use of the opportunity to ask for the username:password of the website, which would allow you or the landlord to file TM30s online afterwards.

Note: If you make many trips outside your province, there is no need to file a TM30 after each and every trip.  Just ensure that a current TM30 is filed when you are visting your provincial IO for an extension of stay.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Hi Pib, I read in your post that you did your extension of stay mid-late August.

That means that you do not need to worry about TM30 compliance until next year August, as it is only checked when applying for an extension of stay (it is not checked when doing 90day reports).

Although it is the intention of the law to update your TM30 each time you return from a trip outside your province there is actually no need for that.  The IO will only check when you are doing your extension of stay (next year August) whether a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

When you are there, also make use of the opportunity to ask for the username:password of the website, which would allow you or the landlord to file TM30s online afterwards.

Landlord has already tried this to no avail.  Been over 2 months waiting.  As I mentioned in a previous post, when he went in person to try to sort it out, he got nothing but blank stares and smirks.  No help or assistance at all.  My informal protest will be paying the ฿800 in coins.  Lots of coins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Jackdd, like Calmichael you also quote my post #3 'SAD' :sad:

So there is obviously something wrong with it.

Please let me know so that I can correct, as I only want to post correct factual information (in this case > how to register on the IO TM30 website).  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, petedk said:

I don't understand.
When we received confirmation we received the password at the same time.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Consider yourself extremely lucky.  Who is your servicing immigration office?

What happens first is you get a email to confirm your email address.  The system implies it should occur immediately but it don't.  Like mind took 6 days to arrive and compared to many other that's on the fast side.  I've been waiting since for my username/password....now approaching a month.   When checking the registration status it shows my email address has been verified, but the registration is still pending issue of a username/password.  My servicing immigration office is Chaeng Wattana. 

17 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Pib, I read in your post that you did your extension of stay mid-late August.

That means that you do not need to worry about TM30 compliance until next year August, as it is only checked when applying for an extension of stay (it is not checked when doing 90day reports).

Although it is the intention of the law to update your TM30 each time you return from a trip outside your province there is actually no need for that.  The IO will only check when you are doing your extension of stay (next year August) whether a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying.

Beg to differ, Re; not checking at 90 days, Nonthaburi would not process my 90 day until i produced my TM30 reciept, luckily i had a photo of it which they accepted

21 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi, the easiest way to comply with TM30 regulations is to register your home on the TM30 website.

Here is the link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG

Apart from filling in the required data, you also need to upload a scan of the house-book and a front-back copy of owner's ID-card.  Then submit.  When the information provided is complete and correct, you will get an e-mail on the e-mail account you provided saying that it is successful, and some time later you will receive the username:password.

The whole process from registering to receipt of u:p can take a couple of weeks, but lately there have been reports that it has been considerably sped up and some TVF-members did receive their u:p already next day.

As soon as you have the username:password you can enter the TM30 website and file your TM30.

Filling in and filing the TM30 report online is super simple.  No need to upload any documents, you only need to provide the name of the person staying, sex, birth-date, nationality, passport-number, issue and validity date.  Also the number of the TM6 (the small paper you need to fill in and keep when entering Thailand) needs to be filled in.  Date you arrived also has to be filled in, you can leave the 'check-out' date blank if you do not know when you will be leaving.  That's all.

On the website you can also download a TM30 Excel-file, and it's just a matter of filling the above data in on that Excel-file, which can then be uploaded on the TM30 website, where they appear.

As you keep a copy of the filled-in TM30 Excelsheet, next time you do not need to fill in everything again but only what has changed.  Obviously that will be the arrival date and e.g. if you have left and re-entered the country you will have a new TM-6 with different number. 

When the initial data are filled in, any subsequent stays will only take 2 minutes to fill in and upload.

Note: As the website does not provide a receipt of your TM30 upload, it is useful to make a screenshot of the webpage before you submit.

Hope this helps!

I'm now waiting 8 1/2 weeks. Status stayed on pending for 3 weeks then changed to successfully registered- wait for email with user name and password.  Status today is still same.

Yes, I have checked my spam folder, junk folder etc. I called the number, they never pick up. I emailed, they never answer or acknowledge receipt of email. Total BS and incompetence the lot. 

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Beg to differ, Re; not checking at 90 days, Nonthaburi would not process my 90 day until i produced my TM30 reciept, luckily i had a photo of it which they accepted

Hi FNQ,

Your case shows - once again - that there is very little consistency in how TM30 compliance is enforced by the provincial IO's.

But standard practice is that TM30 compliance is not checked when doing 90 day reporting.  Since it is NOT required nor checked when doing your 90 day reporting on-line or via mail, why should they check it when doing your reporting in person?  That makes no sense.

Also very strange is that you had to show a photo of the TM30 that you filed to prove that you did it.  If it is Nonthaburi practice to check TM30 compliance when you do your 90 day reporting in person at the provincial IO, they can simply look in the IO database where it is filed.  You having to demonstrate with a screenshot that you actually filed it, is completely over the top. 

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi FNQ,

Your case shows - once again - that there is very little consistency in how TM30 compliance is enforced by the provincial IO's.

But standard practice is that TM30 compliance is not checked when doing 90 day reporting.  Since it is NOT required nor checked when doing your 90 day reporting on-line or via mail, why should they check it when doing your reporting in person?  That makes no sense.

Also very strange is that you had to show a photo of the TM30 that you filed to prove that you did it.  If it is Nonthaburi practice to check TM30 compliance when you do your 90 day reporting in person at the provincial IO, they can simply look in the IO database where it is filed.  You having to demonstrate with a screenshot that you actually filed it, is completely over the top. 

If a TM30 is filed manually, ie: not useing the online system, its not in the online system.

Properties need to be registered in the online system before you can put a TM30 against that property.

Thats why a receipt is given.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RBOP said:

I'm now waiting 8 1/2 weeks. Status stayed on pending for 3 weeks then changed to successfully registered- wait for email with user name and password.  Status today is still same.

Yes, I have checked my spam folder, junk folder etc. I called the number, they never pick up. I emailed, they never answer or acknowledge receipt of email. Total BS and incompetence the lot. 

There are several reports from TVF-members that waited months for their username:password, and when they visited their provincial IO and asked about it the username:password was handed out on the spot.

Best to bring a screenshot of the successfully registered notification with you when you visit your provincial IO, and hopefully you won't be fined for not being in compliance. 

I agree: absolutely dismal service!

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If a TM30 is filed manually, ie: not useing the online system, its not in the online system.

Properties need to be registered in the online system before you can put a TM30 against that property.

Thats why a receipt is given.

Thanks for the comment.

I misunderstood and thought FNQ had filed his TM30 online.

But having to show the receipt of the TM30 he received when he filed manually at the IO, is a cumbersome and error-prone process (I could use other adjectives to describe it).

An additional reason for registering and doing it on-line (hoping that the Username:password you need for doing that will eventually arrive).

20 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, that's indeed an option.

When you go for an extension of stay and the IO denies it because no current TM30 has been filed, you can simply pay the fine.

But do bring the house-book of the place where you are staying as well as a front-back copy of the owner's ID-card and a copy of the rental agreement when applicable.  Then the TM30 can be done on the spot (you would be doing it on behalf of the owner), and avoids that you would have to come back later to get it sorted out. 

Note: If you make many trips outside your province, there is no need to file a TM30 after each and every trip.  Just ensure that a current TM30 is filed when you are visting your provincial IO for an extension of stay.

Dont get smug on the paid fine solution, it could easily keep going up...........

39 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Well there you go Peter. Giving advice on this forum is a fruitless endeavor. Every office does it's own thing. What works one place will not work in another. The laws are written in such a manner that I doubt even the writer of the law could summarize it. Thus any office could interpret it differently and still be in compliance.  Incredibly frustrating!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

There are several reports from TVF-members that waited months for their username:password, and when they visited their provincial IO and asked about it the username:password was handed out on the spot.

Best to bring a screenshot of the successfully registered notification with you when you visit your provincial IO, and hopefully you won't be fined for not being in compliance. 

In was fined 3,000 baht on July 31st when I went to renew families extensions. Showed them my email confirmation for TM30 registration but didn't matter... "pay fine first" they said. Now they won't give me a password. Yes, I have heard people saying you have to go in person to get a password. Its Chaengwattana. Welcome to "Thailand 0.4".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Ueda said:

Finally, I have got the user and password by email. From my experience, I want to tell just what I did.
1. 2019 May  I filled the form and submitted the application as a condo owner. It is owned by my wife and I uploaded my wife's ID card and the house registration book's scan data.

2. Within a few days, email address was confirmed.

3. Waited the approval for several months. Actually, the first 2 months, I have checked the status almost every 2-3 days but it always showed it is under the process.

4. I was boring with checking them but in September, I checked the status. It was almost after 1 month from the last access to the website. I am sure there is no notification of approval but status shows it is approved.

5. I checked all the mail box or the spam holder but have not found any email from pibics.com (Immigration).

6. I filled the application form again with the registered email and all the information which was exactly the same as the former application.(also uploaded the same scanned data)

7. The email came from <[email protected]> immediately to confirm email address as same as the first application.

8. After the confirmation of email (clicked the link in the email), the username and password had been sent from the same address immediately.

I am not sure whether it was because the registered information.

If anyone who were waiting the email from immigration for a long time after the status had been changed to "Approved", you can try this process.

But I cannot say whether it is useful or I am rather afraid of reseting all the process. I was just boring and gave up to wait for the email. And simply had started from the beginning again.

If you make decision not to wait anymore and re-start the process again, please try.

As the other systems in Thailand, its reproducibility may be very low.

WOW! Unbelievable. I got my username and password.

Did exactly what you said above.

But in my case the 2nd time nothing happened (No email verification). Uploading everything again and bang bang. Email verification came, clicked on it, then bang, password and user name came. I'm using Chrome. Worst layout and system I have ever seen. Took me 20 minutes to enter family data. Clicked save and seemed to be ok. Logged out then back in and all data gone. 

So I guess I can do my travelling around again after 2 months of house arrest (maybe).  

image.png.236d49be38b10eaf8e47825699ea0bb4.png

Edited by RBOP
not saving