BANGKOK
zappalot

TM 30 Registration rejected

Living in Bangkok for 10 years, flying in and out of Thailand ever since we always followed the laws and the rules.. That also means that we always did the TM 30 for me. I do not remember a single incident. We came back from a trip on August 23 sent out the TM 30 to the immigration as always. So it was sent out August 24.

Yesterday, September  14 the letter from the immigration came back. But this time it's different.. They rejected the included TM 30 form.

They now need many more documents. Documents that we do not have at our own property and documents we need to get from the government departments first.

Now, on Friday we came back from another trip abroad. And just before I wanted to bring the New TM 30 registration papers to the post office My wife opened the rejected previous registration (Note that they need  three weeks  to have a look at papers that we send over to them within the required 24 hour timeframe)

So what to do now? We want to follow the law but since there was no hint on the TM 30 form that they need many more papers we are not prepared for that. And can now not follow the law?

I never need anything from the immigration,  so the there is not even a real problem if we do not follow the law, right? Just skip the correct registration in the future and hope for the best? I mean my wife would need to take a leave from work to get these papers like house registration…

Screenshot - 15.09.2019 , 08_45_47.png

Edited by zappalot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

As soon as you have the username:password you can enter the TM30 website and file your TM30.

And there lies the problem...how fast "and if" you get a username/password issued depends on your serving immigration office. 

Like folks serviced by Cheang Wattana office.....some have been waiting for months.  A few more days I will be up to one month waiting.  Got the email verification email a week after initially submitting the registration paperwork...but still no username/password issued.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pib said:

And there lies the problem...how fast "and if" you get a username/password issued depends on your serving immigration office. 

Like folks serviced by Cheang Wattana office.....some have been waiting for months.  A few more days I will be up to one month waiting.  Got the email verification email a week after initially submitting the registration paperwork...but still no username/password issued.  

Same here.  Landlord just received the Email verification two months after submitting all the necessary paperwork.  Still waiting on a password.  A personal trip to Changwattana to try to correct things was met with blank stares and smirks.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Same here.  Landlord just received the Email verification two months after submitting all the necessary paperwork.  Still waiting on a password.  A personal trip to Changwattana to try to correct things was met with blank stares and smirks.

Speaking of blank stares and smirks I was able to ask about my registration status in mid-late August when I was renewing my retirement extension of stay which required me to submit a TM30 and pay a Bt800 since I had never file a TM30 after  being in Thailand for over a decade....had to do that before the immigration officer would provide final approval for the extension of stay renewal.  

When I asked the TM30 section about the status of my registration and I pointed out I hadn't even got the email verification yet, the TM30 section officer just smiled and giggle "10 days, maybe one month" just to hopefully get the email verification.  The officer couldn't give an estimate on how long it would take to get a username/password.   

Now that "smile and giggle" also carried a tone of frustration.  I left with the feeling it could be months to never in getting a User ID/password.  I did get my email verification after one week....but as mentioned I'm now approaching one month awaiting a username/password.  I check the system for status a few times every week...it's still just setting in the email verification complete stage awaiting further action.

3 hours ago, zappalot said:

Living in Bangkok for 10 years, flying in and out of Thailand ever since we always followed the laws and the rules.. That also means that we always did the TM 30 for me. I do not remember a single incident. We came back from a trip on August 23 sent out the TM 30 to the immigration as always. So it was sent out August 24.

Yesterday, September  14 the letter from the immigration came back. But this time it's different.. They rejected the included TM 30 form.

They now need many more documents. Documents that we do not have at our own property and documents we need to get from the government departments first.

Now, on Friday we came back from another trip abroad. And just before I wanted to bring the New TM 30 registration papers to the post office My wife opened the rejected previous registration (Note that they need  three weeks  to have a look at papers that we send over to them within the required 24 hour timeframe)

So what to do now? We want to follow the law but since there was no hint on the TM 30 form that they need many more papers we are not prepared for that. And can now not follow the law?

I never need anything from the immigration,  so the there is not even a real problem if we do not follow the law, right? Just skip the correct registration in the future and hope for the best? I mean my wife would need to take a leave from work to get these papers like house registration…

1.  CW (as far as i'm aware) never required a TM30 before this year.  why were you sending them in?

2.  how were you filing?  you as owner of condo?  your wife as owner?  you or your wife as renter/possessor?

3.  what documents did you include?

we did a mail-in to CW beginning of july.  girlfriend is renting.  sent in her ID, rental contract, letter from her saying i stay with her.  we did NOT include owner's ID or housebook.  that was approved after about 6 weeks.  we also got a password last month using the same documents.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

Speaking of blank stares and smirks I was able to ask about my registration status in mid-late August when I was renewing my retirement extension of stay which required me to submit a TM30 and pay a Bt800 since I had never file a TM30 after  being in Thailand for over a decade....had to do that before the immigration officer would provide final approval for the extension of stay renewal.  

When I asked the TM30 section about the status of my registration and I pointed out I hadn't even got the email verification yet, the TM30 section officer just smiled and giggle "10 days, maybe one month" just to hopefully get the email verification.  The officer couldn't give an estimate on how long it would take to get a username/password.   

Now that "smile and giggle" also carried a tone of frustration.  I left with the feeling it could be months to never in getting a User ID/password.  I did get my email verification after one week....but as mentioned I'm now approaching one month awaiting a username/password.  I check the system for status a few times every week...it's still just setting in the email verification complete stage awaiting further action.

I’ve decided that the ฿800 fine will just be a cost of doing business here.  I need somewhere to empty out my change jar anyways.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I’ve decided that the ฿800 fine will just be a cost of doing business here.  I need somewhere to empty out my change jar anyways.

Yes, that's indeed an option.

When you go for an extension of stay and the IO denies it because no current TM30 has been filed, you can simply pay the fine.

But do bring the house-book of the place where you are staying as well as a front-back copy of the owner's ID-card and a copy of the rental agreement when applicable.  Then the TM30 can be done on the spot (you would be doing it on behalf of the owner), and avoids that you would have to come back later to get it sorted out. 

When you are there, also make use of the opportunity to ask for the username:password of the website, which would allow you or the landlord to file TM30s online afterwards.

Note: If you make many trips outside your province, there is no need to file a TM30 after each and every trip.  Just ensure that a current TM30 is filed when you are visting your provincial IO for an extension of stay.

Their response, seems to be everything I submitted on my last VISA renewal.

Why don't you have the house book of your own property?

(Or: Why doesn't the person who you stay with not have the house book of his/her property?)

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Hi Pib, I read in your post that you did your extension of stay mid-late August.

That means that you do not need to worry about TM30 compliance until next year August, as it is only checked when applying for an extension of stay (it is not checked when doing 90day reports).

Although it is the intention of the law to update your TM30 each time you return from a trip outside your province there is actually no need for that.  The IO will only check when you are doing your extension of stay (next year August) whether a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

When you are there, also make use of the opportunity to ask for the username:password of the website, which would allow you or the landlord to file TM30s online afterwards.

Landlord has already tried this to no avail.  Been over 2 months waiting.  As I mentioned in a previous post, when he went in person to try to sort it out, he got nothing but blank stares and smirks.  No help or assistance at all.  My informal protest will be paying the ฿800 in coins.  Lots of coins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Calmichael, what's 'SAD' about my post #3?  :sad:

Just curious as the post only contains factual information of how to register on the IO TM30 website