TM 30 Registration rejected

Yep from all the varied online TM30 comments and experiences, Thai Immigration could not run a chook raffle at a local pub on a Friday night without screwing it up............. collectively, an absolutely useless bunch of xxxxxx           

1 hour ago, RBOP said:

But in my case the 2nd time nothing happened (No email verification). Uploading everything again and bang bang. Email verification came, clicked on it, then bang, password and user name came. I'm using Chrome. Worst layout and system I have ever seen. Took me 20 minutes to enter family data. Clicked save and seemed to be ok. Logged out then back in and all data gone. 

Yes indeed, I had same experience with filling in the data on the website.  When trying to save > everything gone.  But if you use the downloadable TM30 Excel file to input your data and then upload the Excel-file your data will appear on the site.

TIP: Before you log-out better make a screenshot as proof you uploaded your TM30 data.

Note: Filling in your data on the TM30 Excel-file is actually quite handy, as next time you need to file a TM30 you only need to update what has changed (your return date at your home, and if you returned from abroad the new TM-6 number) and can then upload again.  Takes less than 2 minutes.

Edited by Peter Denis

18 hours ago, RBOP said:

WOW! Unbelievable. I got my username and password.

Did exactly what you said above.

But in my case the 2nd time nothing happened (No email verification). Uploading everything again and bang bang. Email verification came, clicked on it, then bang, password and user name came. I'm using Chrome. Worst layout and system I have ever seen. Took me 20 minutes to enter family data. Clicked save and seemed to be ok. Logged out then back in and all data gone. 

So I guess I can do my travelling around again after 2 months of house arrest (maybe).  

image.png.236d49be38b10eaf8e47825699ea0bb4.png

Well, let me add another WOW!!!!..today I just got my username/password immediately by resubmitting my registration package.  my servicing immigration office is Chaeng Wattana. Read my story below.

I originally submitted my registration 19 August via my laptop using Chrome...6 days later I got the email confirmation....completed that email verification....but been waiting since for a username/password. When checking registration status its shows email address confirmed but still awaiting username/password issue.

So today I resubmit the registration using the same docs as before....resubmitted using my laptop....just like I did originally.  I immediately got the email confirmation....and within one minute of confirming my email I got another email with my username/password!!!!!  No way anyone on the other end would have had time to review my registration package....just seemed to all be on automatic.

I then logged on and changed my password as you are forced to do a password change on initial logon.    Once again I'm doing this on my laptop using Chrome.

OK, I'm now logged on but for my User Profile/registration address is completely wrong....address listed in kilometers away in another part of Bangkok.   I live in western Bangkok but for my User Profile address they have some address in eastern Bangkok around 15 kilometers away as the crow files....and I don't see anywhere to correct address that as it's a grayed out box...the User is not allowed to change/update.   

So, if I was to submit a TM30 it would just show me coming back to the address I do not live at.  I couldn't find anywhere to correct address.     

OK, I then thought to myself let me log on using the TM30 "Android App"...see if can....see what it shows.  I can log on and at the top of the page it shows my correct home address, phone number and email address.....all is good.

OK, I log off from the Android app....log back into using my laptop and once again it's showing an incorrect address many kilometers away in another part of Bangkok.  I log off and log back in using the Android App...it's showing the correct address, phone number, and email.

And when I check my TM30 registration status it now show both of my registration packages, both show email address have been confirmed but both show username/password still pending issue. 

It's like when checking registration at or logging on to the TM30 webpage at: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ it shows registration still pending but as mentioned I can now logon since username/password has been issued but my profile data/user name is completely wrong...and no way to change it....or at least anyway I've I can see.  However, logon using the TM30 Android app and User Profile info is correct.

In summary: another WOW!!! from me....but it's a "confused WOW" based on what I'm seeing depending on whether I logon using my laptop or my Android app.

Edit:  Now when I logon the TM30 webpage using my laptop my User profile information is correct.   Apparently during the 15 minutes or so of me writing above....logging in and out via laptop and Android app someone on the  other end was correcting/updating the info.  No longer is my address incorrect....many kilometers away in another part of Bangkok....all is correct now when logging in via computer browser or smartphone app....no disconnect between the two.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pib said:

Well, let me add another WOW!!!!..today I just got my username/password immediately by resubmitting my registration package.  my servicing immigration office is Chaeng Wattana. Read my story below.

I originally submitted my registration 19 August via my laptop using Chrome...6 days later I got the email confirmation....completed that email verification....but been waiting since for a username/password. When checking registration status its shows email address confirmed but still awaiting username/password issue.

So today I resubmit the registration using the same docs as before....resubmitted using my laptop....just like I did originally.  I immediately got the email confirmation....and within one minute of confirming my email I got another email with my username/password!!!!!  No way anyone on the other end would have had time to review my registration package....just seemed to all be on automatic.

I then logged on and changed my password as you are forced to do a password change on initial logon.    Once again I'm doing this on my laptop using Chrome.

OK, I'm now logged on but for my User Profile/registration address is completely wrong....address listed in kilometers away in another part of Bangkok.   I live in western Bangkok but for my User Profile address they have some address in eastern Bangkok around 15 kilometers away as the crow files....and I don't see anywhere to correct address that as it's a grayed out box...the User is not allowed to change/update.   

So, if I was to submit a TM30 it would just show me coming back to the address I do not live at.  I couldn't find anywhere to correct address.     

OK, I then thought to myself let me log on using the TM30 "Android App"...see if can....see what it shows.  I can log on and at the top of the page it shows my correct home address, phone number and email address.....all is good.

OK, I log off from the Android app....log back into using my laptop and once again it's showing an incorrect address many kilometers away in another part of Bangkok.  I log off and log back in using the Android App...it's showing the correct address, phone number, and email.

And when I check my TM30 registration status it now show both of my registration packages, both show email address have been confirmed but both show username/password still pending issue. 

It's like when checking registration at or logging on to the TM30 webpage at: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ it shows registration still pending but as mentioned I can now logon since username/password has been issued but my profile data/user name is completely wrong...and no way to change it....or at least anyway I've I can see.  However, logon using the TM30 Android app and User Profile info is correct.

In summary: another WOW!!! from me....but it's a "confused WOW" based on what I'm seeing depending on whether I logon using my laptop or my Android app.

Edit:  Now when I logon the TM30 webpage using my laptop my User profile information is correct.   Apparently during the 15 minutes or so of me writing above....logging in and out via laptop and Android app someone on the  other end was correcting/updating the info.  No longer is my address incorrect....many kilometers away in another part of Bangkok....all is correct now when logging in via computer browser or smartphone app....no disconnect between the two.

How did you re-register the same address? When I've previously tried, it says my address is already registered. Did you tweak your address somehow?

How did you re-register the same address? When I've previously tried, it says my address is already registered. Did you tweak your address somehow?
Yes...exact same address as before.

And when I tried to resubmit before...about a week ago...I got the same response as you did...that is, a no can do...already registered type response.

But in seeing the posts over the last few days where people were getting their user/password immediately when resubmitting I decided to give a re-regristration another try--and it worked!

6 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yes...exact same address as before.

And when I tried to resubmit before...about a week ago...I got the same response as you did...that is, a no can do...already registered type response.

But in seeing the posts over the last few days where people were getting their user/password immediately when resubmitting I decided to give a re-regristration another try--and it worked!

OH MY GOD IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Immediately got 'email click' and then immediate password!

Spread the news! Everyone needs to re-register immediately if they are still waiting for passwords!

15 minutes ago, sussex said:

OH MY GOD IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Immediately got 'email click' and then immediate password!

Spread the news! Everyone needs to re-register immediately if they are still waiting for passwords!

Its like they approved but never sent an email. Then auto set the system for your address to auto send password when apply again? Like in the movie when JC sets his god computer to grant all prayers hehehehe...

6 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Its like they approved but never sent an email. Then auto set the system for your address to auto send password when apply again? Like in the movie when JC sets his god computer to grant all prayers hehehehe...

Or maybe they were smart and you now get the password immediately when signing up, so you can do the first TM30 right away.

Like this you have complied with the law (if your documents are in order) and they can check the documents later.

I'm thinking (guessing) immigration has very recently changed their internal policy regarding issue of username/password and/or fixed some software glitch that put a monkey wrench into many registrations.  

As mentioned earlier I had tried a re-submission a week or so ago only to be given a no-can-do type message.   I was expecting that again today but since several folks said their re-submissions over the last few days ended up in a username/password being issued really fast, I figured I would give it another try thinking (hoping) "maybe" immigration has made a some unannounced registration policy change, fixed something, etc.  Also figured the worst that could happen is I get another no-can-do type message.

21 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes indeed, I had same experience with filling in the data on the website.  When trying to save > everything gone.  But if you use the downloadable TM30 Excel file to input your data and then upload the Excel-file your data will appear on the site.

TIP: Before you log-out better make a screenshot as proof you uploaded your TM30 data.

Note: Filling in your data on the TM30 Excel-file is actually quite handy, as next time you need to file a TM30 you only need to update what has changed (your return date at your home, and if you returned from abroad the new TM-6 number) and can then upload again.  Takes less than 2 minutes.

Hi Peter, please could you direct me to the Excel download? I know I've seen it somewhere here before, along with instructions of how to actually do an online TM30, but can't find the thread anymore.

2 hours ago, sussex said:

Hi Peter, please could you direct me to the Excel download? I know I've seen it somewhere here before, along with instructions of how to actually do an online TM30, but can't find the thread anymore.

Hi Sussex,

When you logged in and are filling in your data on the website-page to file a TM30, there is a link on the page which allows you to download the blank TM30 Excel spreadsheet.

For your convenience I already attached it here.

The Excel-file has several help-tabs which are useful for filling in the data (e.g. the abbreviation to be used for your nationality).

Note: It is useful to save the filled-in Excel-file as a separate file and add your name or residence to the file, so that later you can easily find it back and can update it when you need to file a subsequent TM30.

Also before you log out it is recommended that once you have uploaded your TM30 and the data you entered are on the screen, that you make a screenshot of the webpage.  On the website there is no receipt foreseen to be provided, so your screenshot will be the evidence - in case IO requests it - that you have indeed filed your TM30.

TM30_FORM.xls

12 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Sussex,

When you logged in and are filling in your data on the website-page to file a TM30, there is a link on the page which allows you to download the blank TM30 Excel spreadsheet.

For your convenience I already attached it here.

The Excel-file has several help-tabs which are useful for filling in the data (e.g. the abbreviation to be used for your nationality).

Note: It is useful to save the filled-in Excel-file as a separate file and add your name or residence to the file, so that later you can easily find it back and can update it when you need to file a subsequent TM30.

Also before you log out it is recommended that once you have uploaded your TM30 and the data you entered are on the screen, that you make a screenshot of the webpage.  On the website there is no receipt foreseen to be provided, so your screenshot will be the evidence - in case IO requests it - that you have indeed filed your TM30.

TM30_FORM.xls 106.5 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks so much, Peter.

For visas, we are all on one-year extensions of stay (business and retirement) so is that the option 04?

And we leave check out date blank, is that right?

35 minutes ago, sussex said:

Thanks so much, Peter.

For visas, we are all on one-year extensions of stay (business and retirement) so is that the option 04?

And we leave check out date blank, is that right?

HI Sussex,

Your Visa-status as foreigner staying in Thailand as retiree is indeed option 04.

If you do not know when you will be leaving the place where you are staying, I learned from other posters that you can leave the 'check-out' date blank and that the system will accept that  When I filed my first TM30 I did put there my visa expiry date.

Under relation I did put image.png.b2e060a121efddd81177df6a23758f45.png as my girlfriend is the owner of the house where I live, and so I did the TM30 filing on her behalf.

Personally I wouldn't worry to much if you got one of the above wrong, as it can be easily corrected when your TM30 is checked when you do your extension of stay.  The important thing being that a TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying when you visit the IO for your extension of stay.

Thank you @Peter Denis I uploaded the Excel, clicked save, then returned to the main window to do a search using today's date, and found our details there. Took a screenshot of that. I think we're sorted, thank you!

So on future trips back into Thailand, all we have to do is update our new TM6 number and re-upload the Excel sheet? And even if only one person on the Excel has a new TM6, we re-upload the whole lot? Or would it be a case of doing a separate Excel only for the person who has travelled, as the other people are already on record? Not very clear!

40 minutes ago, sussex said:

Thank you @Peter Denis I uploaded the Excel, clicked save, then returned to the main window to do a search using today's date, and found our details there. Took a screenshot of that. I think we're sorted, thank you!

So on future trips back into Thailand, all we have to do is update our new TM6 number and re-upload the Excel sheet? And even if only one person on the Excel has a new TM6, we re-upload the whole lot? Or would it be a case of doing a separate Excel only for the person who has travelled, as the other people are already on record? Not very clear!

Glad you managed to get it work.

Re your questions:

- Indeed, when you return from a trip abroad, you only have to update the new TM6 number (and the port of entry, if you entered Thailand via a different one than previous time), and then upload this updated TM30 Excelsheet.

- You could also re-upload after a trip to another province where you stayed in a Hotel (because otherwise the IO database would not show the place where you are staying after checking out of the Hotel).  When doing so, you do not have to change anything at all, just upload the TM30 Excel-file again and that will be marked in the IO database as the place where you are currently staying.

- Your next question is an interesting one, and I do not have the exact answer, but I suppose it works like this:

From the sample TM30 Excel sheet, it looks that if you are travelling with a group, you can do the upload of the entire group in one go (which is handy).  

But when there are different persons staying at your place, should you put them all on 1 TM30 file and upload the entire file each time a change occurs with one of them?  Actually, I don't think that's the intention because it would look as if all of the members on the TM30 re-entered your place on the date of that change.

So it would be more logical to have separate TM30 Excel files per person (or per group if that group stays together continuously). 

For example (actually real) - Next month my son and daughter will be visiting us in my home, after we first make a Thailand tour together.  On arrival at my home, I will update my TM30 Excel-file which would mark in the IO database that I arrived back home (there will be several TM30s from hotels we stayed during our trip).  And I will make a separate TM30 Excel-file for my son and daughter (their check-out date will be the date they will leave my home).  I will not use their separate TM30 Excel-file  anymore until they revisit me later.

Edited by Peter Denis

Thanks Peter. I have just realised that my entry of visa type '4' (1 year) keeps uploading as 90 days, which then changes the date of permission to stay to 3 months, which is inaccurate. 

When I try to manually change the data by clicking on each person's row in the uploaded spreadsheet, that works, except when I come to click save it says 'incorrect sequence' but I don't know what that means.

So I may have to manually fill in the form for each person to ensure that visa type is 1 year and not 90 days. I have noticed that the example writes it as '03 in order to keep the zero, but that still makes an error in uploading, if I enter '04 it gets uploaded as 90 days. GRR.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sussex said:

Thanks Peter. I have just realised that my entry of visa type '4' (1 year) keeps uploading as 90 days, which then changes the date of permission to stay to 3 months, which is inaccurate. 

When I try to manually change the data by clicking on each person's row in the uploaded spreadsheet, that works, except when I come to click save it says 'incorrect sequence' but I don't know what that means.

So I may have to manually fill in the form for each person to ensure that visa type is 1 year and not 90 days. I have noticed that the example writes it as '03 in order to keep the zero, but that still makes an error in uploading, if I enter '04 it gets uploaded as 90 days. GRR.

Thanks for pointing it out.  Didn't notice that one, but will check if my upload has the same error.  I presume that it is an error because there is only one '1 year' visa-code [number 04] so that should be the correct one for a Non Imm OA Visa.

Edited by Peter Denis

12 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks for pointing it out.  Didn't notice that one, but will check if my upload has the same error.  I presume that it is an error because there is only one '1 year' visa-code [number 04] so that should be the correct one for a Non Imm OA Visa.

Let me know how you get on. I cannot manually correct the Excel.

Now I've ended up with duplicate entries for us but don't know which ones are saying 90 days and which are 1 year, as I can't check! Maybe I should just stop fiddling and leave it be..

Edited by sussex
corrected info

19 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

For example (actually real) - Next month my son and daughter will be visiting us in my home, after we first make a Thailand tour together.  On arrival at my home, I will update my TM30 Excel-file which would mark in the IO database that I arrived back home (there will be several TM30s from hotels we stayed during our trip).  And I will make a separate TM30 Excel-file for my son and daughter (their check-out date will be the date they will leave my home).  I will not use their separate TM30 Excel-file  anymore until they revisit me later.

Additional comment > Please note that NOT doing the above will have no consequences for me at all.  My TM30 compliance will only be checked when I visit my provincial IO for an extension of stay.  So as long as I ensure that a current TM30 has been filed when visiting my IO for such an extension of stay, there will be no problem.  

Also me filing a TM30 for my son and daughter visiting my place, is unnecessary as they are here as tourist for 1 month, and will not deal with the IO at all.

But since it only takes me 2 minutes to file the TM30 on line, I might as well do it and be completely in compliance.  

6 minutes ago, sussex said:

Let me know how you get on. I cannot correct it. If I enter all the data manually, click save, exit and search, I can't find anything. 

Neither can I find any of my original data! Basically a search returns nothing now. What a headache!!

Yes, it's a nuisance that when clicking SAVE on the manually inputted data on the webpage all the data are gone.  So I guess that the manually inputted data did 'overwrite' your original TM30 Excel upload.  Try uploading the TM30 Excel-file with your data again.  Will keep you posted on the issue.

Just now, Peter Denis said:

Yes, it's a nuisance that when clicking SAVE on the manually inputted data on the webpage all the data are gone.  So I guess that the manually inputted data did 'overwrite' your original TM30 Excel upload.  Try uploading the TM30 Excel-file with your data again.  Will keep you posted on the issue.

Actually the reason the search was turning up nothing was that I was using 'Western style' dates, searching for 2019 instead of 2562. Using the right date format showed that I had multiple entries for each person, so I deleted a few to keep one per person. But I can't see on the search page what it says for visa type...

Have you guys tried the smartphone TM30 (i.e, Section 38) app yet?  It seems to be focused on just entry/upload of one entry/person at a time vs using the spreadsheet on the web-based TM30.  Sounds like using the webbased site is the hard way but using the app is the easy way if just reporting on yourself or a guest or two.   Seems very easy if it works....I haven't had a need to test it yet since I just got my username/password and haven't had a need to file another TM30 yet since I haven't went anywhere since my last TM30.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pib said:

Have you guys tried the smartphone TM30 (i.e, Section 38) app yet?  It seems to be focused on just entry/upload of one entry/person at a time vs using the spreadsheet on the web-based TM30.  Sounds like using the webbased site is the hard way but using the app is the easy way if just reporting on yourself or a guest or two.   Seems very easy if it works....I haven't had a need to test it yet since I just got my username/password and haven't had a need to file another TM30 yet since I haven't went anywhere since my last TM30.

Not yet, as my google account is not set to Thailand and it seems a pain to change it. Might try on someone else's phone with a Thai google account.

I'm going to stop fiddling with my entries and leave it at this for now!

Here's what the app looks like when logged on....I redacted out my address at the top.  Appears to be super simple...enter the simple info as shown below (or scan in the Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) at the bottom of the passport page) and hit submit.  Pull down/pop-up menus exist to select entries like the port of entry, type of Visa, etc., and pop-up Help for some areas.  Then hit Submit.  Appears to be way, way too easy--if it works.

To get the app to show in Google Play for download/install just create a new google account while having a Thai IP address.   Heck I have multiple google accts/emails address on my smartphone....most are US based/created but one is Thai based/created so I can get Thai geo-restricted apps like the Section 38 app.   Just create a Thai based google acct...add it your your google accts on your phone...you can have multiple accts...accts created in different countries....no need to change one of your current google accts to Thailand which can be pain like you said plus I think you then can't change it back for 12 months.

image.png.8998ba84af5885fd763ae0071ab02b08.png

image.png.bae0a4c3759b093b0677c4c257ed329e.png

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Pib said:

Here's what the app looks like when logged on....I redacted out my address at the top.  Appears to be super simple...enter the simple info as shown below (or scan in the Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) at the bottom of the passport page) and hit submit.  Pull down/pop-up menus exist to select entries like the port of entry, type of Visa, etc., and pop-up Help for some areas.  Then hit Submit.  Appears to be way, way too easy--if it works.

To get the app to show in Google Play for download/install just create a new google account while having a Thai IP address. 

Hi Pib,
Many thanks for this very helpful post.

Using a laptop has no secrets for me, but I am not so familiar with interactive apps on a smartphone (as I only use my smartphone as wifi-hub to work on my laptop).

But, indeed this looks very simple and for sure I will check it out.

Thanks again!