Koh Samui Immigration 90 day report

Hi Guys I went to Samui immigration on Friday 13 September ( unlucky for some ) this was my first 90 day report since doing my renewal of Extension of Stay  . I had sent them an email last Wednesday asking a particular question regarding my visit I.ts now the 15th and still awaiting a reply . Turned up at 13.15 joined queue to get a ticket 10 minutes later handed ticket there were only 5 people in front of me seemed to be on a go slow sat down and waited 20 minutes to be called to the desk  went to desk handed in mine and wife’s passport the desk clerk opened them up looked and then said I want your Bankbook thankfully I had been to the bank and updated it that morning she looked at it and handed it back to me  ( no photocopies taken ) I asked her this question do I have to bring my bankbook every time I do my 90 day report her answer without any hesitation was YES every time you do your 90 day report you have to bring your updated bank book . Went back to my seat and 15 minutes later called back to desk and handed back both passports . It appears that Koh Samui require us to bring an updated bankbook very time we do a 90 day report she did say I only had to show 400,000 baht next time . I just updated my book no letter or statement . Hope this helps to anyone doing their 90 day EOS visit at Samui IO

Edited by crazykopite
Mistake
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, hoxman said:

Funny, did two 90 day reports on Samui since my last renewal earlier this year and wasn't asked for bank book. Once again making it up as they go.

Did you do your application before March 1st?

If yes then new rules do not apply to you.

19 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

That's very interesting, as the IO I talked to a month ago told me the letter was also mandatory. Whatever, it's not that big of a deal to do. Thanks for the update of your experience.

Saves having to pay the bank 100 baht better in your pocket than theirs. ????

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Is that when you applied or the date your previous extension ended?

They have not applied the rules to those that applied for their extensions prior to March 1st.

This was the date of the expiration of my last extension

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Saves having to pay the bank 100 baht better in your pocket than theirs. ????

If 100 baht is a problem, then you should consider moving to some other country. I consider it just another of the costs of doing business.

So you confirm no confirmation letter from the bank?   
My year extension was July 31st ( in Samui of course) and the young plump lady told me, for you next 90-day your  bank book AND the same letter from the bank than for your extension. So she told me that 45 days ago! 

On 9/15/2019 at 1:23 PM, Tanoshi said:

Do Koh Samui accept mail in, or online reporting?

One would expect you therefore have to submit 90 day reports in person every time if you have to submit updated bank books.

Another office making up their own requirements!

Samui do not have online reporting

On 9/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, Tchooptip said:

So you confirm no confirmation letter from the bank?   
My year extension was July 31st ( in Samui of course) and the young plump lady told me, for you next 90-day your  bank book AND the same letter from the bank than for your extension. So she told me that 45 days ago! 

Reading all the comment it seems that in your words plump lady does as she pleases as I said on my 1 st 90 day report  after my approval I handed in both mine and my wife’s passports she looked at them both and then asked for my bankbook . I had updated it the day before she looked at it and handed it back to me I didn’t take any bank letter just my updated book . The rumour is that in two months there will be a smartphone app where you will be able to do 90 day report without the need to go to IO .