Extending 3month Non Immigrant B visa

I understand that you are able to extend/convert the above 90day single entry visa (obtained outside TH) at Immigration into a year long Immigration B visa.

Q1.  Is it a conversion or an extension?

Q2. How soon can you go to Thai Immigration to convert/extend the 90 Day B visa after arriving back in Thailand? Can you do it immediately or do you have to wait to a certain point in time (e.g. one month prior to 90 day expiry date).

If it makes any difference In planning to go to Vietnam for the non immigrant B visa.

Thanks 

It is a one year extension stay based upon working for a company or teaching.

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa. After you have a work permit and all the required supporting documents.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a one year extension stay based upon working for a company or teaching.

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa. After you have a work permit and all the required supporting documents.

A couple of follow up if you don't mind.

Are you able to apply for an exit permit during this 90 day period and return?

Edited by stament

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 days valid when you use it to enter the country.

Thanks very useful.

Does the 90 days start ticking from the day you receive it or the day you first enter Thailand?

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is still the same 90 days ticking down it previously was. 

Sorry not to be specific.

Ticking down from when exactly? The date I receive it in Vietnam or the date I enter Thailand say a week later?

Edited by stament

5 minutes ago, stament said:

Does the 90 days start ticking from the day you receive it or the day you first enter Thailand?

The visa will be valid for 3 months from the date it is issued. The 90 day entry it allows will start on the day you enter the country.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stament said:

Sorry not to be specific.

Ticking down from when exactly? The date I receive it in Vietnam or the date I enter Thailand say a week later?

The 90 days permission to stay you received, when you entered the country using the Visa. If you subsequently re-enter Thailand using a Re-Entry Permit, you will be stamped in according to that permit, which will be the same as the previous permission to stay. 

• Thanks 1