Extension of stay for Non-O Retirement - income method documentation

Ive seen in another forum where an individual attempting to extend his Non-O retirement stay via the income method was required to get a letter from his bank stating what amount was transferred in every month from overseas.  I thought that having certified statements from the bank, along with proof of transfer from your bank, were enough.  Is a letter really required?  (attached is the copy of the letter he posted online). Id love to hear some recent experiences, especially with Jomtien immigration.   

bkkbank.jpg

For the last 13 years I used the income letter given by the US Consulate,

now that they don't give those anymore, I have been going around and around,

with both Immigration and Bangkok bank to get the info needed for doing the monthly income method.

What I have found out:

1- You need a letter from your bank confirming Your Name tied to the Account Number.

Must be full name which matches both your passport and bank account.

2- You need a letter from your bank detailing all deposits for last 12 months, all must show International transfers from outside Thailand. You have to order this from your bank, and it

can take 5 to 7 days depending on which bank. BE SURE IT HAS BANK BAL TOTAL INCLUDED.

3-You also need to have normal 6 month printout from your bank, UPDATE YOUR BOOK FIRST

4-ALSO bring your Yellow House book with you, may not be required, but best be prepared.

5-If you can get printout of 12 Month history from your Foreign Bank, to match with deposits,

it will help, but is not always needed.

6-You may need to prove you receive a SS or Other Monthly Pension,

Can use Foreign Bank Deposit Records which show Monthly Pension payments.

Never know what the IO bureaucrat will ask for, as it is Totally at his discretion, and can vary

from one to another. Which means Bad Day Unlucky for you, Good Day Sail on through.

Hope this Helps lessen the load for my fellow Expats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Renewed Ext Stay/Ret yesterday Div 1/CW

1.) I had the bank account ownership letter, got it the day before: acceptable.

2.) Got the Bangkok Bank Qualifying Foreign Transfer letter last week, at Silom HQ, done while I waited: I attached nine (9) (Jan-Sep) Credit Advice/Receipts: reviewed and accepted. It's a bit different, told this is what Imm wants? Date range: Jan - Sep, one single line w/ totals in USD, rate, THB. (Not like other BBL leters which detail the individual QFTs, one per line.)

Also needed same day Balance Forward in my current bank-book.

Also asked for/provided all three passbooks covering the period, also asked for copies, signed, had: accepted

3.) Not asked for, but I did provide copies of passbooks from Jan., and CARs.

Lease, landlords bluebook and ID (signed by them) retained (some forms/paperwork submitted were returned, like old passport, most recent 90 day report)

Picture of self, in front of building with house numbers visible and hand drawn map retained.

5.) Had in hand, not asked for.

6.) Had in hand, not asked for.

TM30 filed digitially, all OK, had screen captures of web and mobile app, retained.

I was granted an extension based on nine months QFTs; I only startged making transfers when the new rules became generally available. Obviously next Sep., I'll show twelve QFTs (Oct/19-Sep/20).

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, WhatupThailand said:

For the last 13 years I used the income letter given by the US Consulate,

now that they don't give those anymore, I have been going around and around,

with both Immigration and Bangkok bank to get the info needed for doing the monthly income method.

What I have found out:

1- You need a letter from your bank confirming Your Name tied to the Account Number.

Must be full name which matches both your passport and bank account.

2- You need a letter from your bank detailing all deposits for last 12 months, all must show International transfers from outside Thailand. You have to order this from your bank, and it

can take 5 to 7 days depending on which bank. BE SURE IT HAS BANK BAL TOTAL INCLUDED.

3-You also need to have normal 6 month printout from your bank, UPDATE YOUR BOOK FIRST

4-ALSO bring your Yellow House book with you, may not be required, but best be prepared.

5-If you can get printout of 12 Month history from your Foreign Bank, to match with deposits,

it will help, but is not always needed.

6-You may need to prove you receive a SS or Other Monthly Pension,

Can use Foreign Bank Deposit Records which show Monthly Pension payments.

Never know what the IO bureaucrat will ask for, as it is Totally at his discretion, and can vary

from one to another. Which means Bad Day Unlucky for you, Good Day Sail on through.

Hope this Helps lessen the load for my fellow Expats.

thanks, whatup- good info