TM30 Enforcement Changing in Nakhon Si Thammarat: Check with your Local IO

Some Imm' offices already do the same. Let's hope it spreads like a virus.

I've always wondered on how the system works.

You have permanent address in BKK and do a 30. You go to CM for a few days and the hotel does a 30 reporting to CM Imm'. Does CM pass that 30 ifo to BKK so they know where you've been or is it one big TM30 database that all Imm' offices can log into.?????

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Some Imm' offices already do the same. Let's hope it spreads like a virus.

I've always wondered on how the system works.

You have permanent address in BKK and do a 30. You go to CM for a few days and the hotel does a 30 reporting to CM Imm'. Does CM pass that 30 ifo to BKK so they know where you've been or is it one big TM30 database that all Imm' offices can log into.?????

It's one nation-wide IO database.  All the TM30s filed from wherever province you have been turn up into it.

• Thanks 1

I am sure a lot of smaller offices simply cannot be bothered its just too much hassle My local one certainly are not impressed about doing it, as they are flooded with Burmese workers daily, so fannying around with a farang telling you hes still where he was 10 years ago does not get them excited!!

It would be good to know which offices are compliant and which cannot give a "rats ass" about it

Sadly with above you need to know if its a local IM officers personal  decision or an office decision

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only reports in the database are the ones done online.

If done at a immigration office the only record of it is the recept put in your passport.

That would seem to defeat the purpose of having the database.  It would seem most likely that the data is input by the Immigration Office if a TM.30 is filed there, perhaps not at the time it is filed, but subsequently entered from their copy. I can't say for certain re Jomtien Immigration processing of TM.30 data, but i do know their practice when processing extensions of stay is to take all the documents and sometime later enter the data into their computer system which is one of the reasons they usually have you come back the following day to pick up the passport. So, my guess would be they do something similar with the TM.30 information.

• Like 1

Let us hope that the order goes out from Royal Thai Immigration Headquarters that this is the policy to be enforced within Thailand. It is reasonable, still has the long stay resident’s address on file. To be updated only at re-entering the country, changing permanent address, or staying for lengthy period away from home (I would think 2weeks or longer as reasonable). As a person on retirement extension of stays for 5+ years, the idea of reporting after taking a trip in-country was making me feel as a ”suspect”. Discouraged internal tourism travel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

So if the point of the TM.30 is to know where I'm staying and the only record is the paper stapled in my passport, how does that work?

The receipt for the is only proof you did one.

Immigration maintains a record of your address when you do your extensions and etc.

I don't have receipt for one since I have never needed to do one. No trips out of the country or any recent hotel stays that were reported.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration maintains a record of your address when you do your extensions and etc.

I don't have receipt for one since I have never needed to do one. No trips out of the country or any recent hotel stays that were reported.

The address I used for my last extension is no longer where I'm staying. I filed a TM.30 in January so they would have an up to date address for me.I don't give my address for anything else. For 90 day reports the only thing I give them is my passport and they hand it back with a new receipt.

So if there's no record of my paper TM.30 report other than the receipt in my passport, they would only have the address I gave on my last extension done 10 months ago and no longer correct for over 9 months.

5 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

So if there's no record of my paper TM.30 report other than the receipt in my passport, they would only have the address I gave on my last extension done 10 months ago and no longer correct for over 9 months.

They may of updated your address when you did the TM30 report.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi Joe, thanks for the clarification!

I assumed that when someone did a TM30 in person or by mail, that the data would be inputted in the nation-wide TM30 database (they would only need to input all the data once, as only the date and TM6 number of subsequent TM3Os would need to be updated).

But you say that the 'paper' TM30s issued in person or by mail, are kept in your personal record-file at your provincial IO.

Not very efficient, but OK.

However, I am now trying to get my head around of how your TM30 compliance is checked when you visit your IO for an extension of stay.

I assume it goes like this:

- The IO checks the nation-wide TM30 database for the start and end dates of the latest entry (e.g. your staying at a Hotel in another province, or your self-filed TM30 which would have no end date);

- If there is no gap between that latest entry and the present date, your TM30 is in compliance - as that is the place where you are currently staying;

- if there is a gap (e.g. you checked out last month from the Hotel where you stayed after a trip, and no subsequent TM30 has been filed), the IO would then check in your personal record-file if a paper TM30 has been filed after that check-out date (he could also ask you for the receipt of that latest filing;

- if a paper or electronic TM30 has been filed which is still current, you are in compliance, if not you will be fined for not being compliance.

Does it work this way?

If so, it would be in the IO's interest to promote electronic filing of the TM30 as it would be much quicker to check compliance (just look into the TM30 database) and would eliminate the handling of the paper TM30s filed.

Just curious how this actually works...

17 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

However, I am now trying to get my head around of how your TM30 compliance is checked when you visit your IO for an extension of stay.

I assume they checked the online database to see if I had any TM30 reports done by a hotel. But it has been over 2 years since I stayed in one that may of reported me. The office was not requiring a report if you stayed in a hotel until earlier this year.

They can easily see I have not left and re-entered the country by looking at my passport.

I have never had a TM30 form submitted. It would be my wife doing it since she is the possessor of our residence.

• Thanks 1

I don’t understand how Immigration policies & practices vary across Immi network. Doesn’t chief Immigration officer/ Minister determine National policies & practices? How can individual offices apply different policies & practices? Makes no sense & causes confusion ....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, Longcut said:

Good point though. How many Burmese or Laotians or Cambodians, do TM-30s? Why do we never hear of any of them getting fined or their landlords? Is it because they don't have enough money to bother with?

Probably because they don’t travel too far, it’s not so long ago that in the town where I live in the North that they had to get a letter  from the local Amphur if they wanted to travel outside the District.

1 hour ago, eggers said:

I don’t understand how Immigration policies & practices vary across Immi network. Doesn’t chief Immigration officer/ Minister determine National policies & practices? How can individual offices apply different policies & practices? Makes no sense & causes confusion ....

I asked my lawyer who is also a barrister the same question several years ago as it made no sense to me either.,

Her response was that different Provinces and even offices have the discretion to apply their own rules.

Its not only Immigration, I renewed my driving licenses at the local DLT office earlier this year, they wouldn’t accept my pink ID card but required the certificate of residence from Immigration.

Yet the head office in Chiang Mai in the same Province accepts the ID card

Local District Offices Amphurs also have different rules for obtaining the Pink ID card.

Crazy I know

1 hour ago, eggers said:

Indeed.

https://youtu.be/BmQ_W1vGoPo

• Thanks 1