BANGKOK
Jadam

TM30 Enforcement Changing in Nakhon Si Thammarat: Check with your Local IO

Some Imm' offices already do the same. Let's hope it spreads like a virus.

I've always wondered on how the system works.

You have permanent address in BKK and do a 30. You go to CM for a few days and the hotel does a 30 reporting to CM Imm'. Does CM pass that 30 ifo to BKK so they know where you've been or is it one big TM30 database that all Imm' offices can log into.?????

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Some Imm' offices already do the same. Let's hope it spreads like a virus.

I've always wondered on how the system works.

You have permanent address in BKK and do a 30. You go to CM for a few days and the hotel does a 30 reporting to CM Imm'. Does CM pass that 30 ifo to BKK so they know where you've been or is it one big TM30 database that all Imm' offices can log into.?????

It's one nation-wide IO database.  All the TM30s filed from wherever province you have been turn up into it.

• Thanks 1

Pity that all the IO's row their own boat race. Imagine a Thai bank doing its own thing in each city on normal transactions?

• Like 2

I am sure a lot of smaller offices simply cannot be bothered its just too much hassle My local one certainly are not impressed about doing it, as they are flooded with Burmese workers daily, so fannying around with a farang telling you hes still where he was 10 years ago does not get them excited!!

It would be good to know which offices are compliant and which cannot give a "rats ass" about it

Sadly with above you need to know if its a local IM officers personal  decision or an office decision

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only reports in the database are the ones done online.

Right, and it's better for everyone if IOs not bother checking your movements in that system.  

Edited by Jadam

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only reports in the database are the ones done online.

If done at a immigration office the only record of it is the recept put in your passport.

That would seem to defeat the purpose of having the database.  It would seem most likely that the data is input by the Immigration Office if a TM.30 is filed there, perhaps not at the time it is filed, but subsequently entered from their copy. I can't say for certain re Jomtien Immigration processing of TM.30 data, but i do know their practice when processing extensions of stay is to take all the documents and sometime later enter the data into their computer system which is one of the reasons they usually have you come back the following day to pick up the passport. So, my guess would be they do something similar with the TM.30 information.

• Like 1

That's promising. Last time I went to that IO at Nakhon they refused to serve me without a TM30 fine upfront so I walked. Maybe I'll use them again if I read more good reports. 

• Like 2