TM30 Enforcement Changing in Nakhon Si Thammarat: Check with your Local IO

On 9/16/2019 at 4:27 PM, from the home of CC said:

damn lets hope this doesn't spread nationwide, the whiners would need a whole new focal point and just think of the loss in postings to TVF...

Relax it will never be nationwide with any/all govt offices that is an impossibility ????‍♀️????‍♂️, so we will still find plenty to whine about. :signthaivisa:

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2019 at 1:01 PM, eggers said:

I don’t understand how Immigration policies & practices vary across Immi network. Doesn’t chief Immigration officer/ Minister determine National policies & practices? How can individual offices apply different policies & practices? Makes no sense & causes confusion ....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

We will never understand, they like to make up their own rules it gives them a sense of grandeur and power and IMO Thais refuse to follow any laws they are above all that.

On 9/16/2019 at 2:54 PM, StevieAus said:

I asked my lawyer who is also a barrister the same question several years ago as it made no sense to me either.,

Her response was that different Provinces and even offices have the discretion to apply their own rules.

Its not only Immigration, I renewed my driving licenses at the local DLT office earlier this year, they wouldn’t accept my pink ID card but required the certificate of residence from Immigration.

Yet the head office in Chiang Mai in the same Province accepts the ID card

Local District Offices Amphurs also have different rules for obtaining the Pink ID card.

Crazy I know

Same in Trat transport office.

On 9/16/2019 at 3:55 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

Have we finally succeeded in burying them in their own paperwork to the point where they surrender?

I have thought it would be a laugh if westerners organized big bus trips all on the same day for overnight stays in different provinces, and on returning stop the bus at your IO where 40+ westerners enter immigration to do the TM 30. Oh what fun that could be....

On 9/16/2019 at 12:39 PM, Peter Denis said:

However, I am now trying to get my head around of how your TM30 compliance is checked when you visit your IO for an extension of stay.

I assume...

Don't.  It'll drive you insane.

Your first mistake was assuming there was a logical process.  There isn't.  If there were, they wouldn't wait until you did your extension of stay and then look back to see if you were up to date on your TM30 reporting.  If the purpose of this is to prevent crime by immigrants, it is too late at that point; by then the crimes would have already been committed.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 9:50 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

I doubt it in the case of Nakhon Sithammarat. A bunch of jobsworths....

???? Wow, first time I've ever been insulted because I have a job and I'm not living off of pension.  Sorry Nakhon is not your cup of tea.