Some one nows all in and outs about Chaiyaphum IMM and marriage extension documents required

Max Brok

Don't know about Chaiyaphum, but can tell what was required at Ubon Imm last week.

2 filled out application forms. (When I arrived at Imm I was told that the ones I had filled out was the old ones, and therefore had to fill out 2 new ones, which was exactly the same)

2 x passbook photos

2 sets of copies of all used passbook pages, + Departure card.

2 x letter from the bank, signed the same day, and copies of all bankbook pages.

2 sets of marriage documents. Imm was not satisfied with old marriage papers, so we had to go to some amphur office in Ubon and get status updated and confirmed from Bangkok (where we got married some 17 years ago).

2 copies of the mrs. Id card and yellow book.

3 photos with the mrs. and me from inside the house, and 3 photos from outside, one with us standing next to the house number (which we didn't have, so bought letters and numbers at Homepro, made a sign, put it up at the gate, took photos and had them printed at a photoshop).

We also signed a few other documents, which I don't know what was all about, but nothing you have to bring with you.

Obviously we didn't make it in 1 day, but started early Monday (9.00 at the bank) and finished 16.50 in Immigration on Tuesday, 

We live 110 km south of Ubon Imm, and with all the flooding, it took us 3 hrs to get there both days, and 2 hrs to get back.

On Thursday we had a visit from 2 Imm police officers, armed with laptop and printer. 

(first time in my 15 years here)

More documents where filled out and more photos taken, and one of the officers gave me his contact info, and told me to call him if any questions.

There were no questions about TM30, and no questions about health insurance. 

I hope I've remembered everything, so that's it for now!

17 hours ago, bergen said:

3 photos with the mrs. and me from inside the house, and 3 photos from outside,

3 photos now? I have only ever shown 2 outside 1 being by house numbers and 2 inside. Just took my fresh new ones yesterday and printed up today.

Can anyone clarify the actual needed amount of pics??? 2 or 3 outside and or 2 or 3 inside???

19 hours ago, malagateddy said:

If you pop into the Imm Office next to the main police station..they will give you their comprehensive requirement list.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How to take these pictures if one not have a house? We stay in a hostel in town because we are busy to build a house and don't have a house number yet. Is in and out the hostel possible?

Ask the Imm Officers at the Imm Office..they are a friendly crowd and will give you and your wife advice.

How to take these pictures if one not have a house? We stay in a hostel in town because we are busy to build a house and don't have a house number yet. Is in and out the hostel possible?

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived