Non o visa multiple border crossings

I was going to go to Savannaket and hopefully get a non O based on marriage next week. I left Thailand in late May when my metv ran out and returned in early July on a SETV. When that expired in late August I went to Cambodia and returned via Hat Lek on a visa exempt. When I went through the IO said I had used up my 2 land crossings for the year. If I go to Savannaket and get my Non O will I still be able to return to Thailand by land or will I need to fly in having done 2 land crossings already this year? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You had apparently done 2 visa exempt entries at a land border crossing this year when you were told that.
There is no limit if you have a valid visa for entry to the country.
Thanks Joe. The first crossing was on a METV 2 days before it expires. The second was visa exempt. I thought it was only visa exempt not METV but the IO said otherwise. My wife was with me and they talked about it in Thai.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

57 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:
8 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you truly only have one visa exempt entry by land in 2019, then the immigration official misread your stamps and gave you incorrect information.

Thanks Tim. Hopefully be ok with the Non O then. Cheers.

It occurs to me that you should just double check one thing. On your entry by land using the METV, were you correctly given a 50-day permission to stay? I guess it is possible that the official missed you visa and gave you a visa exempt entry instead.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Thanks Tim. Hopefully be ok with the Non O then. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Had multi O's for a while. We are in and out of Thailand a lot and never a problem. I wouldn't suggest Poipet, they seems to cause problems if you want to come back the same day.

Both aiports in BKK have never caused problems either.

• Like 1