BANGKOK
tomgreen

The getting old curse – How are you dealing with it?

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

You have sex laugh a lot with your partner , do you tell each other jokes or tickle each other during the process ?

Yes

• Haha 1

First a BIG thanks to every one , Ive read all your advice , suggestions and comments.:thumbsup:

I am fairly convince that coming to permanently live in Thailand has in some way made me look older than my actual years and certainly added to my I’m getting old and on the downwards slope mind set. I have this funny feeling that if I had stayed back in my home country my over all physical appearance and mental state would have been in a far better condition than it is now here in Thailand .

Just to add I made a big mistake and originally came under the spell of Thailand and all I thought it had to offer , I sold every thing back home that I once owned and burnt all my bridges that would allow me to ever return home 😟

So how about you - do you feel that if you had remained back in your home country and not moved to Thailand , that in some way if you had not moved here you would now be in a better state of mind and possibly looking physically better than you do now residing in Thailand .

8 minutes ago, tomgreen said:

First a BIG thanks to every one , Ive read all your advice , suggestions and comments.:thumbsup:

I am fairly convince that coming to permanently live in Thailand has in some way made me look older than my actual years and certainly added to my I’m getting old and on the downwards slope mind set. I have this funny feeling that if I had stayed back in my home country my over all physical appearance and mental state would have been in a far better condition than it is now here in Thailand .

Just to add I made a big mistake and originally came under the spell of Thailand and all I thought it had to offer , I sold every thing back home that I once owned and burnt all my bridges that would allow me to ever return home 😟

So how about you - do you feel that if you had remained back in your home country and not moved to Thailand , that in some way if you had not moved here you would now be in a better state of mind and possibly looking physically better than you do now residing in Thailand .

tom,  i'm really tired and i'm ready to go

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

You have sex laugh a lot with your partner , do you tell each other jokes or tickle each other during the process ?

Usually my chosen lady starts laughing and pointing when I drop trow.

Thats maybe my only thai phrase: "what is THAT?"

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, wisperone said:

I always take a full size aspirin before getting on the plane to thin the blood. If doing one of the 30+ hour flites, will take another or half before getting on the next leg of the journey. 

Flight stockings, while unattractive fashion wise, are also helpful. 

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Kerry Packer was resuscitated after a heart attack. It prompted him to fund defibrillators for the Sydney paramedics.

He said to James Packer afterwards " Son, I've been to the other side, and there's nothing there".

Of course, the sanctimonious would claim there was nothing there for him.

IMHO the Buddhist concept of Nirvana is the most realistic. A Paradise with 72 virgins, dates, raisins or whatever strikes your fancy? Pull the other leg, it's got bells on.

72 virgins?? with all the dead people they would be pretty well worn by now

• Haha 1

I think if I'd stayed in blighty, I'd have dry skin from the cold wind, manky white skin, & endless colds & 'flu.

A trip to see my GP, would result in him saying:

" Take some paracetamol & Ibuprofen."

Oh yea...& Bankruptcy from paying the utilities bill.

So to answer your last question Tom, I'm much healthier & mentally stable - coz I'm married to a loving, caring wife.

23 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

I'm only 58 so not sure I am allowed to comment. I do worry about one thing in relation to getting old - that I'll conk out before Spurs win the EPL. 

On a slightly more serious note I think that having the attention and needs of very young children around me means that I have few times to dwell. I honestly obsessed about getting old far more when I was in my twenties than I do now and I don't think that is set to change in my sixties or seventies. Also I have passed through medical emergencies in which I believed that I was extremely unlikely to see even 50 years of age; this means that now nearing 60 I am thankful for every day I wake up even if my back hurts or my three year old needs chasing around the pool table. Having a cerebral interest - worldwide tournament Scrabble and the practice regimen needed to retain a reasonably high world ranking - also keeps the mental acuity quite finely tuned. Work is also a big factor for me and it is inconceivable that I would consider giving up writing for a living, ever. 

Positive thinking and a very active life, especially mentally, are key components for me and will continue. Maintaining a healthy diet and following the advice of my doctor (a Thai who is a Man City supporter) are also important. He thinks I have a fair chance of seeing Harry lift the EPL trophy...

Rooster

Haha, you were a baby when the spuds last won a league title, and I'm not sure they've 

won anything since you were in your 30's

Mind you I've been doing the lottery since it began and had similar success!!!

5 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Haha, you were a baby when the spuds last won a league title, and I'm not sure they've 

won anything since you were in your 30's

Mind you I've been doing the lottery since it began and had similar success!!!

I was still in the womb. 

I went to England when they won the league cup in 2008 when I was 46. But I never got a ticket....

Rooster

On 9/15/2019 at 4:40 PM, CharlieH said:

Age is nothing more than a number, ignore the numbers as there is nothing you can do about those.

It's about how you feel, and your own attitude, you can decide how that goes, don't focus too far ahead as you may never get there any way.

Focus in the now the more immediate future and what you are going to do with it while you are still able, healthy etc. 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Perfect advice. But the frame of mind should be developed when a person is healthy and fit - example 50 years of age.

Unfortunately, with the advancement of years, some find it difficult to keep things in focus. Circumstances, health, physiological conditions can make an elderly person 'anti-social' or a 'difficult' person to deal with and these very same traits will expedite the aging process.

• Like 1