BANGKOK
tomgreen

The getting old curse – How are you dealing with it?

1 minute ago, GreenCurryorDie said:

I can relate to this. Turning 61 and in a way still waiting for my life to begin. Don’t have it all but have a lot. Surprisingly healthy for the  lifestyle I’ve led. I think we’ll meet the end as we’ve led our lives. I’ve worked in nursing homes and marveled at the bravery I saw there. Contemplating death can be terrifying. What for me hurts more is the thought of leaving those you love to face life without you. Serious topic for a sunny morning here!

In full agreement about leaving those behind who you / they love and possibly depend on. As for dying, I don't think you will be aware of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomgreen said:

First a BIG thanks to every one , Ive read all your advice , suggestions and comments.:thumbsup:

I am fairly convince that coming to permanently live in Thailand has in some way made me look older than my actual years and certainly added to my I’m getting old and on the downwards slope mind set. I have this funny feeling that if I had stayed back in my home country my over all physical appearance and mental state would have been in a far better condition than it is now here in Thailand .

Just to add I made a big mistake and originally came under the spell of Thailand and all I thought it had to offer , I sold every thing back home that I once owned and burnt all my bridges that would allow me to ever return home 😟

So how about you - do you feel that if you had remained back in your home country and not moved to Thailand , that in some way if you had not moved here you would now be in a better state of mind and possibly looking physically better than you do now residing in Thailand .

No 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stephehr said:

When you write <deleted> like this it means you want people to talk to as you are lonely

Wait till you get lonely.

13 hours ago, stephehr said:

When you write <deleted> like this it means you want people to talk to as you are lonely

Wait till you get lonely.

Already 13 pages of bs (some nice answers though) and I pitty the OP for his sincere post.

Best of luck Tom.

"it's better to burn out than to die", now i know what Neil was getting at

Edited by malibukid

12 minutes ago, malibukid said:

"it's better to burn out than to die", now i know what Neil was getting at

It's better to burn out than to fade away - from my my hey hey, alledgedly a tribute to Johnny Rotten.

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

It's better to burn out than to fade away - from my my hey hey, alledgedly a tribute to Johnny Rotten.

From the Rust Never Sleeps album.

2 hours ago, allanos said:

Tomorrow is promised to no one!

Its promised to the future.........then never  comes

That's funny. There is almost the same thread running under "The Golden Years" in the "Health" sub-forum.
Therefore, can't say much more here than I already said there.

Quite a few mental remedies have been offered here, ranging from "You are as old as you feel", "Look foreward, not backward", "Live for today" etc etc.
All fine and good, but all of this doesn't change the fact that the clock is ticking (and ticking faster the older one gets).

We can apply a fresh coat of paint over an old chair, but under the paint is still the same old chair as before.
I remain: Getting old "sucks". More so for males than females.

• Like 1