BANGKOK
tomgreen

The getting old curse – How are you dealing with it?

24 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Sure, but I never planned my life in function of what bad may happen, won't change now because of my age.

When it will occur, time to take the necessary decision one have to take at that very moment and according to the than circumstances.

This include the possibility of a " final decision ".

Just hoping I will physically be able to take the decision.

Best of luck to you.

Perhaps your "planning function" might be a wee bit different in the future.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Perhaps your "planning function" might be a wee bit different in the future.

Something one can not forget easely, as there are always people who apparently like to remember it to you.

For some, people from a certain age should just wait death 

I am enjoying myself as much as possible, always did. (different desiderata in function of the age), as things will certainly go less good, if not bad, in a non definable future. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Something one can not forget easely, as there are always people who apparently like to remember it to you.

For some, people from a certain age should just wait death 

I am enjoying myself as much as possible, always did. (different desiderata in function of the age), as things will certainly go less good, if not bad, in a non definable future. 

Enjoy..my friend...and no..as I do not know you I have not the slightest interest in "remembering" it for you-and that goes for every "farang" that I ever met in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

Well done.An honest post.

Worth it's weight in gold.

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

An honest answer. Above all i value honesty.   I think dealing with health issues is a real challenge.  Being positive is great and easy as long as all is going well.   Amazing how it is always so easy to "comfort" someone else who is not well.  "keep your head up.   Su SU.   Hang in there.  You'll be better in no time .  "

And can anyone here remember when the sick one was YOU ?   Not quite as easy to put on a cheery face when that happens.  For each individual there are different degrees of success.

All the advice is great.  Reality is not always that easy.  The honest answer for me is I do the best I can to

stay healthy and keep busy..... but  one nice thing  I have accepted is that my Steve McQueen days are past and I am trying to adjust to life in my little pueblo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomgreen said:

I've recently had my 70th birthday and I’m surrounded by a loving family and in general good health and although I seem to get easily get stressed out

I'm 72 and carry on like 52 but there are some limitations, I have my hobbies just the same and enjoy them still.

• Thanks 1