BANGKOK
tomgreen

The getting old curse – How are you dealing with it?

The brain says do this but the body says no. I try to explain this using the Duracell rabbit and the batteries that operate it.  Come 50 y they replace one Duracell battery with a no name one. At 60 they replace the other Duracell battery. At 65 someone steals one no name battery. At 70 you are wondering where to buy batteries from.

Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

When you write <deleted> like this it means you want people to talk to as you are lonely

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The brain says do this but the body says no. I try to explain this using the Duracell rabbit and the batteries that operate it.  Come 50 y they replace one Duracell battery with a no name one. At 60 they replace the other Duracell battery. At 65 someone steals one no name battery. At 70 you are wondering where to buy batteries from.

Take care.

I feel sorry I read this twice!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I personally revel in the good health that I don't deserve and feel mentally no different from when I was 30, more astute in fact. At 71 I can still do everything that I have ever done before. I enjoy watching the drama of life unfold and yet remain detached from it all, it's just a play on the stage that I can join in if I wish but feel no need to, nothing changes, things happen and then they stop happening all by themselves. Once you realize that you are not the doer everything becomes easy, the ease of being is a joy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

The fact that I now look like a down-at-heal version of my father is a bit of a shock..

This is a great topic.Well done OP.

Sorry to hear about your Dad!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1