Just bought insurance for trip to usa..

moontang

22 days, 149 USD, 250 DEDUCTIBLE, AND 500,000 USD in coverage...IMG, underwritten by Sirius, and in the United Health Network.  They have direct billing with a few top notch hospitals in my parents area.  I am a US Citizen, living in Bangkok.  1000 deductible and a million in coverage was 125 usd..i adjusted a little.  I know this applies to quite a few....fire away with questions..I will do my best to accurately answer them.  Who knows, I might need treatment after all the wine, cheese, and steak I will eat, before I bit the craft beer and Jameson.

2 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Thanks.  I was just starting to look into insurance for a trip to the USA.  Do you have a link by chance?

www.insubuy.com is the Texas based agent...It almost appears as if it is for foreigners visiting the US, but I have an email from a licensed agent stating that it is perfectly legit for a US citizen living abroad and visiting the us to use this plan.  You need a residential address in Thailand, but you can use a us address as a billing Address, if you need to..I paid with a Visa card linked to a us address.

21 minutes ago, moontang said:

22 days, 149 USD, 250 DEDUCTIBLE, AND 500,000 USD in coverage...IMG, underwritten by Sirius, and in the United Health Network. 

That will disappoint some on this forum.

Going from the recent threads regarding health care insurance for foreigners, it should cost next to nothing for a whole year in Thailand, as according to them tourists are covered for free in their respective countries

This is useful information. When I was looking at general health plans, one option included US coverage, but it added a lot to the cost, and I would only need it if I took a trip home. Having the option to use this travel insurance for trips home, and purchasing the cheaper general coverage saves considerable money.

2 minutes ago, timendres said:

This is useful information. When I was looking at general health plans, one option included US coverage, but it added a lot to the cost, and I would only need it if I took a trip home. Having the option to use this travel insurance for trips home, and purchasing the cheaper general coverage saves considerable money.

yep, you get it.  I use the Tokio Marine plan while I am here, and their policies only go for up to 364 days, so I create a gap, on a trip home, and start a new 364 days with tokio marine when i leave for my departing flight from the US.  Tokio cost me about 3.50 per day, and they do give you approx 2 weeks every three months of coverage in the us on your policy, but..it is only 50% coverage, which could ruin you in the US.  Tokio is 105 per month with 250 deductible and a million in coverage in Thailand.

10 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

That will disappoint some on this forum.

Going from the recent threads regarding health care insurance for foreigners, it should cost next to nothing for a whole year in Thailand, as according to them tourists are covered for free in their respective countries

This is for coverage in the US for expats.  Totally different animal than what Immigration may start requiring.

Considering an Obamacare Bronze policy with 7500 us deductible is 680 per month off the healthcare marketplace; it is a bargain.

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

yep, you get it.  I use the Tokio Marine plan while I am here, and their policies only go for up to 364 days, so I create a gap, on a trip home, and start a new 364 days with tokio marine when i leave for my departing flight from the US.  Tokio cost me about 3.50 per day, and they do give you approx 2 weeks every three months of coverage in the us on your policy, but..it is only 50% coverage, which could ruin you in the US.  Tokio is 105 per month with 250 deductible and a million in coverage in Thailand.

I just went to their website, and it is one of the worst I have ever encountered. I cannot see anywhere that they provide a straight up health insurance policy. All I see are "riders". Very confusing site.

2 minutes ago, timendres said:

I just went to their website, and it is one of the worst I have ever encountered. I cannot see anywhere that they provide a straight up health insurance policy. All I see are "riders". Very confusing site.

dont embarrass yourself....international medical, then visitors to the US.  

2 minutes ago, moontang said:

dont embarrass yourself....international medical, then visitors to the US.  

You stated "I use the Tokio Marine plan while I am here", so I assumed you meant that Tokio Marine was who you were insured by here in Thailand. Which is my interest. Why would I look under "visitors to the US"?

Archived